Per LEGO, Disney is dropping the name "Slave 1".

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this thread is full of that type of fallacy.

"Oh no, they changed the name of the Star Wars ship that never had its name uttered in film & television! This must mean they'll go after The Green Goblin character next!"

:ROFLMAO:

This thread is something else...
You are correct it was never mentioned in the movies and while i’m not losing sleep over it and Disney is a low hanging fruit easy target, only themselves to blame, I find that it is the principle of it all.

If i’m not mistaken the name was created by Kenner but someone please correct me if my lack of faith is disturbing and I just think it is wrong to cover up cinematic history especially one as ground breaking as SW.

Leave the name because it shows that YES he is a villain who enslaves people in carbonite to deliver them to their doom.

Are movies not allowed to have villains anymore why even bother making a movie then.

So villains are required to be PC now.

Think about how dumb that sounds lol

Cool, I guess?

People get worked up about the dumbest **** these days, I swear...

If it's "the dumbest ****" then why are companies going out of their way to change decades old content? You can't be sooooo offended that you make the change and then shrug your shoulders like it's no big deal.

"Oh no, they changed the name of the Star Wars ship that never had its name uttered in film & television! This must mean they'll go after The Green Goblin character next!"

Must be a Trek guy...

Live Long and Woke bro.

It isn't Boba's starship, it is really Mickey's:

uch.gif

Hopefully it's nothing more than a merchandise packaging thing and it is still known as Slave 1 in-universe. Kind of how in Cap: The First Avenger they called HYDRA the "Nazi's Deep Science division" in the film's dialogue but were able to avoid the N-word on all the toys.

Hell there's even a Kenner precedent with them not mentioning "The Executor" by name on the toys:

View attachment 529655
I never understood why they showed someone hanging upside down in that toy picture. Like having a Star Destroyer Wampa cave

Who would have ever thought that Steam Boat Willie would lead to this?

(I bet they gotta change Steam Boat Willie too.)

It is at this time that I would like to remind Disney about Uncle Remus... and many... other... things.

(If you don't know who Uncle Remus is then you definitely need to look it up)

All this reminds me of the Nazis burning books scene in The Last Crusade.

There are dozens of iconic SW character/vehicle/place names that are never actually uttered onscreen.

And it's been called "Slave I" by SW crew members, in SW toys/merchandising, and throughout SW publishing for more than 40 years.

Temporarily changing it because a corporation fears a few thousand people on social media might call them out during a period of race-based mania does seem to be a dictionary-definition example of a fallacy.

Last edited:
They burned books in America too.
Now they bully corporations to stop publishing certain books from certain people or they will protest in front of your company. I imagine the same tactics are used in this situation. This is what happened to MLB that prompted them to move the All-Star game this year.

You are correct it was never mentioned in the movies and while i’m not losing sleep over it and Disney is a low hanging fruit easy target, only themselves to blame, I find that it is the principle of it all.

If i’m not mistaken the name was created by Kenner but someone please correct me if my lack of faith is disturbing and I just think it is wrong to cover up cinematic history especially one as ground breaking as SW.

Leave the name because it shows that YES he is a villain who enslaves people in carbonite to deliver them to their doom.

Are movies not allowed to have villains anymore why even bother making a movie then.

So villains are required to be PC now.

Think about how dumb that sounds lol
Since the Lego set in question represents scenes where Fett was teaming up with Mando hopefully they just didn't want to use the word "slave" on a product where the aforementioned ship was helping the main hero. Probably not but I can dream, lol.

Fortunately this type of thing just isn't enough to get me worked up. Yes cancelling an iconic name due to political correctness is lame but at the end of the day it's a name change and I just don't like name changes *regardless of the reason.* And since I survived Biker Scouts being renamed Scout Troopers, Walrusman and Hammerhead getting new more alien sounding names and countless other revisions over the years I'm fine just forever referring to Fett's ship as "Slave I" just like I'll forever call them Biker Scouts and so forth.

It was called Slave I in Joe Johnston's 1980 sketchbook which would have predated the 1981 Kenner toy.

I do like that Fett's ship is so badass that it's name got banned, that actually makes it even cooler now. :lol You never see any freaking Star Trek ship names getting banned, lol.

Back