People taking video gaming a little too seriously.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how often they are being racist though? I can't tell you how many suburban white kids I have heard use the "N" wird trying to sound like they have street cred :lol

What does this have to do with video gaming specifically? Doesn't obsessive zealotry exist in all forms of competition?

It's not like this is anything new in the world of video gaming. I guess some people are finally discussing (or even recognizing) it now because of how ubiquitous gaming is to the daily lives of many people - At least, more so now than 20 years, 10 years, even perhaps 5 years ago when online gaming wasn't so prolific.

But yes, I have never encountered as many outright racist people as I have playing against strangers online. However, this isn't really an issue with racism or discrimination as it is with the capacity for vulgarity and hatred within a position of anonymity. Some people wouldn't hesitate to spew out the worst, most derogatory things if known that they don't have to face somebody and atone for the consequences.

I'd rather go back in time and head back to a local Arcade like I often did back when I was younger. No racism, there was direct competition, and real companionship with people you see every week (instead of the faceless thousands you "meet" online). Good times.

It's hilarious when you play online with people you don't know, they act like being better than you at a game makes them superior to you. You can tell for most that it is the only thing in the world that makes them feel important and that is sad. A lot of these guys are real racist A-holes too, that's what bothers me the most. When they talk their ^^^^ about being better than me, I just ask, "Want a Cookie?". :D

Agreed. That's why I pretty much ONLY play with the Freaks now. I am VERY close to the Boomshot achievement, but I won't play ranked matches anymore because I am tired of the mouthy little kids and the BS.

Totally agree with both of you. I hate to play against anyone else at this point because most gamers are douches. I got better things to do than get yelled at by a 12 year old or a 35 year old who acts like a 12 year old.

This is one of many reasons why when I play any game online alone, I do not wear a headset. I just don't need to hear that crap.

Yea, the only time I actually wear the headset is when I'm playing with you guys or other buddies that I know.

If I'm playing with random people, I'm sick of being told that I'm a homosexual every time I kill someone. It gets old and if I don't wear the headset, I won't tell them to rot in hell and that I'm going to find them and fornicate with their mother.

Last edited:
Yea, the only time I actually wear the headset is when I'm playing with you guys or other buddies that I know.

If I'm playing with random people, I'm sick of being told that I'm a homosexual every time I kill someone. It gets old and if I don't wear the headset, I won't tell them to rot in hell and that I'm going to find them and fornicate with their mother.

I keep the headset plugged in so that the voices don't come through the TV. Then I just put the headset beside me. I noticed sometimes people will boot you if you don't have the headset for some reason.

This is one of many reasons why when I play any game online alone, I do not wear a headset. I just don't need to hear that crap.

Yeah you and me both. Listening to 12 year olds isnt why I play games online. The only time I use a mic is if I'm playin with someone I know and thats in the private chat. I just wish Xbox Live would allow more than just one on one private chats! :monkey2

had my 2 best buds get in a fist fight over Mario Kart 64 one time ...... ok it was really over 1 ^^^^in the other's sister, but a heated game of Mario Kart got it going ... :monkey1

Well, supposedly with the new dashboard update this fall you can do up to 6 people in private chat.

Nov 14 right? :joy

Please God's of Xbox give us private chats so there will be no more 8 year olds on Halo and Ghetto Wannabes on Gears! :angelsmil

Sorry if I offended any Ghetto 8 year olds who play either one of these games.

Anyone else find it ironic who started this thread :huh

I see your point but it is also ironic that you pick him up on it

OK cards on the table, IMO the serious (competitive) gamers in our group are....

Kitfisto (the hulk)
loki (pretends it don't bother but when lag is bad he's offski)
badmoon (creator of the badmoon phrase)
IllJedi (love ya bro but you do have your occasional moments where everything is 'gay')
Yippy (if he loses 4 or 5 then he's offski as well)
Dee Nice2 (host or host team & always leaves on a win)

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Back