Pennywise the Dancing Clown by BetoMatali

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remembered this awesome custom. Easily the best figure of 2011. Still hating myself for having missed. Especially since I have already been on the list and just snoozed... :gah:
Nevertheless awesome figure and congrats to everyone who scored one. :duff

I passed cause I was on the pinkerton commission and got ripped off. I know beto isn't like that but I just have no interest anymore. Great figure though.

It's really too bad Hot Toys won't pick up some classic horror licenses, they would really kill it with them... Think of how awesome Pennywise, Freddy, and even Jason would be :drool

It's really too bad Hot Toys won't pick up some classic horror licenses, they would really kill it with them... Think of how awesome Pennywise, Freddy, and even Jason would be :drool

:exactly: I would love for Hot Toys to start doing horror figures.

I also got ripped off by PinkertonFX, but I love the character too much to have one scumbag like him ruin my fun.

And Beto did an awesome job on this figure, one my favorites in my collection.

:exactly: I would love for Hot Toys to start doing horror figures.

I can't even explain how awesome a Jason, Freddy, and Myers DX from HT would be. I'll never understand why they go for Resident Evil figures and not more popular franchises. I want to say it's because of the licensing but if Sideshow managed to get them I'm sure HT could pull it off no problem. I can't wait for that day to come, if it ever does. :impatient:

Though I would love for any 1/6 Toy Company to produce horror figures, I do not believe it needs to be Hot Toys or go to a "DX" level. Just have a good detail sculpt, accurate clothing and a good post production paint job that would not need to be sent out to get painted again. Of course accessories is a most. I see no point of doing a DX Jason or Myers since one of them usually only has one good eye (which is usually not noticeable when wearing it's hockey mask) and the other the eyes should be hidden by the shadow of it's mask. And with Freddy, I rather just have 2 different sculpts with different expressions.

Though I would love for any 1/6 Toy Company to produce horror figures, I do not believe it needs to be Hot Toys or go to a "DX" level. Just have a good detail sculpt, accurate clothing and a good post production paint job that would not need to be sent out to get painted again. Of course accessories is a most. I see no point of doing a DX Jason or Myers since one of them usually only has one good eye (which is usually not noticeable when wearing it's hockey mask) and the other the eyes should be hidden by the shadow of it's mask. And with Freddy, I rather just have 2 different sculpts with different expressions.

I agree but I'd still like to see DX versions. But I mean anything would do. Regular would thrill me just as much. Asmus Toys told me they were working on a Voorhees and Leatherface so we'll see how those turn out. :dunno

I agree but I'd still like to see DX versions. But I mean anything would do. Regular would thrill me just as much. Asmus Toys told me they were working on a Voorhees and Leatherface so we'll see how those turn out. :dunno

To say you want a DX you gotta understand the DX format first. I don't see how most of these figures would even benefit from PERS which is the defining factor of a DX. Jason with PERS? You'd have to lean really, really close to see which way his one functional eye is looking. Leatherface? Same deal as, despite having both eyes functional, the eyes are set back in the mask. Michael Myers? Same as Leatherface. These guys were designed to achieve that soulless look having the shadows drown out their eyes. Maybe Freddy and Pinhead (if possible in 1/6), but neither would really justify the DX price, especially since there really aren't many accessories to include with those two.

I'd rather see Sideshow take a stab at revamping their old horror figs in G.I. Joe quality (R&R and Zartan), and give us almost the same quality at $75 less. :huh

To say you want a DX you gotta understand the DX format first. I don't see how most of these figures would even benefit from PERS which is the defining factor of a DX. Jason with PERS? You'd have to lean really, really close to see which way his one functional eye is looking. Leatherface? Same deal as, despite having both eyes functional, the eyes are set back in the mask. Michael Myers? Same as Leatherface. These guys were designed to achieve that soulless look having the shadows drown out their eyes. Maybe Freddy and Pinhead (if possible in 1/6), but neither would really justify the DX price, especially since there really aren't many accessories to include with those two.

I'd rather see Sideshow take a stab at revamping their old horror figs in G.I. Joe quality (R&R and Zartan), and give us almost the same quality at $75 less. :huh

:lecture Very true. I was thinking more along the line of additional sculpts like human heads for a Freddy, Pinhead, and maybe two sculpts for a Jason Pt. 3 one with axe wound one without. Maybe an original LF with his apron outfit and a tuxedo outfit? :dunno I must say though I still really like the remake LF SS figure. Very nice figure. The original for sure needs a revamp. :lol

So DX is basically just PERS and a LED stand? I was thinking it meant more accessories/extra sculpts/extra outfits. I'm still a newbie. :monkey1 But you guys are right, I suppose the DX treatment wouldn't be appropriate for most if not all of the big names in horror.

I would really welcome any company to make higher qaulity more screen accurate 1/6th horror icons. But with HT being the leader and them never going full horror I think it would be most interesting.

I'd love for ht to do horror. They should start with a Norman Bates.

I disagree man. I'd like them to start with something that will actually sell good versus something that has the potential to bomb. If Bates didn't sell well I could see them losing faith in the horror genre very quickly.

I disagree man. I'd like them to start with something that will actually sell good versus something that has the potential to bomb. If Bates didn't sell well I could see them losing faith in the horror genre very quickly.

I can see your point but there is a lot of fans who would buy one. I can see how it would bomb but I think it would do alright.

I can see your point but there is a lot of fans who would buy one. I can see how it would bomb but I think it would do alright.

I myself would buy one but in comparison to one of the heavy hitters in the genre it would sell little. I'd want them to do something more popular to get the greed machine rolling. :lol I would hope Myers to be the first. There's no officially licensed 1/6th Myers out there that does him justice. The SS one is eh, ok, but doesn't even come near to being a great figure imo.

I love reading some the discussions on here and how passionate you all are of these collectibles. It's very educational to know what you think. I myself being a HUGE Horror and Sc-Fi nerd am a fan of PSYCHO. But I'd have to say I think it would tank!

Norman is a great character but got lost somewhere with all the Freddy's, Jason's and such. If he ever picked up some steam I'd do that figure. I'm sure there's many reasons the big companies haven't touched him. But most likely is his popularity and strength in sales.

Back