Penny Dreadful/Showtime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just knocked out both episodes.

Holy hell this show is incredible.

Episode 2 Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love this show and agree it's like taking something done over and over and making it seem brand new. I am totally pot committed to this excellent series. It definitely has a more macabre League of Extraordinary Gentlemen feel to it. Sir Malcolm, despite being Mina's father actually has a similar background to Allan Quartermain. But it isn't really what I'd call a rip off at all. Hell even Alan Moore did the same thing being inspired by "The Other Log of Phileas Fogg"

If you're not watching I say give it a shot. Great cast and excellent writing.

Just knocked out both episodes.

Holy hell this show is incredible.

Episode 2 Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love this show and agree it's like taking something done over and over and making it seem brand new. I am totally pot committed to this excellent series. It definitely has a more macabre League of Extraordinary Gentlemen feel to it. Sir Malcolm, despite being Mina's father actually has a similar background to Allan Quartermain. But it isn't really what I'd call a rip off at all. Hell even Alan Moore did the same thing being inspired by "The Other Log of Phileas Fogg"

If you're not watching I say give it a shot. Great cast and excellent writing.

Spoiler Spoiler:
It is kind of like Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for television when you think about it. But unlike that godawful movie adaptation, Showtime, Sam Mendes, and John Logan have really delivered the goods here despite it really not being an homage to Moore's League, but a great yarn nonetheless with some of the same characters. Josh Harnett's character I believe is a
Spoiler Spoiler:

It certainly alluded to that in my eyes as well with his damaged hand but I wouldnt be surprised if it he wasnt either.

I'm still just swimming over the last scene and how it knocked the walls off this show and everyone who thought things would be different.

It will surely suffer the "nerd's curse" of speculation vs expectations so I'm going to stop speculating and let the writers tell me this story as it looks to be in good hands after two episodes.

I have the first 2 episodes taped and can't wait to start watching this. I'm glad to be reading good things about this.

And since Eva Green is in this, I was ALL IN from the get go. :lol

I was slightly underwhelmed with the premiere if I am being honest.

The production values are really impressive but that's about where it stopped for me. Never been a fan of a Josh Hartnett, and he didn't win me over here either. Green and Dalton were convincing in their roles.

The reveal of Victor Frankenstein didn't do a lot for me. I am a big fan of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein so it had a lot to live up to.

Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind for this. Will give the second episode a go.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Another terrific episode tonight and once again I just really love what John Logan is doing with his spin on Frankenstein. As the REAL Frankenstein's monster has showed up, so has all the themes that makes Shelley's original story so timeless. The creature's backstory, his time in London, and his introduction to the Grand Guignol Theatre was fantastic to see. Logan's reinterpretation of this stuff is too damn sweet and a breath of fresh air I might add. And then, the main story continues to impress, with Malcolm's hunt for Mina and Vanessa beginning to question just what role she is playing in the grand scheme of theme of things. Cannot wait to next Sunday for more. The question is
Spoiler Spoiler:

What was up with Ethan and the wolves? Can't wait to see Draculas epic appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:
Another terrific episode tonight and once again I just really love what John Logan is doing with his spin on Frankenstein. As the REAL Frankenstein's monster has showed up, so has all the themes that makes Shelley's original story so timeless. The creature's backstory, his time in London, and his introduction to the Grand Guignol Theatre was fantastic to see. Logan's reinterpretation of this stuff is too damn sweet and a breath of fresh air I might add. And then, the main story continues to impress, with Malcolm's hunt for Mina and Vanessa beginning to question just what role she is playing in the grand scheme of theme of things. Cannot wait to next Sunday for more. The question is
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree, friend. I thought when they last left us he would be a gritty looking older man full of pure force but when they told his backstory it was almost Neil Gaimanesque. And to have them doing Sweeney Todd was the icing on the cake.

I truly believe

Spoiler Spoiler:

What was up with Ethan and the wolves? Can't wait to see Draculas epic appearance

My theory is Ethan is a werewolf. If true, we'll have all the Universal Monsters covered by this show.

The Frankenstein Monster in PENNY DREADFUL
Spoiler Spoiler:
The actor's brilliant, but it's obvious he's willing to do anything for love this season.

My theory is Ethan is a werewolf. If true, we'll have all the Universal Monsters covered by this show.

That's my theory as well. He was awfully calm about the whole thing and knowing the secret handshake as it were. I could see them explaining it as he was bitten by a tribesmen during the wars and he killed people as the wolf, hence why he is being sought by the law and left America.

My only gripe with that is that I'm tired of seeing werewolves simply portrayed as wolves. I mean I'm not expecting Wildman/dog soldier/Lycan look but something like American werewolf or even the dire wolf from GoT. Something physical that shows it isn't some random wolf.

I'm curious if Fenton Is or is a different character but same role as renfield.

Yea, same here Scareb. Hate the traditional wolf look. All their strength is when there in packs which makes there only perk being able to turn human. I'd love a lycan but maybe too OP. But considering those giants vamps, we may need a Willam lycan from underworld..

Back