1/6 Pealing undersuit on First Order Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what you get for buying toys from Asia. They are laying in boxes for ages, in bad air conditions, just waiting to get out and start to disintegrate :D
All of your precious toys are manufactured and shipped from Asia, whichever middle retailers you choose to do business with in either North America or Europe. Even SS gets their shipments directly from HT's factory, which obviously stations in China.

All of your precious toys are manufactured and shipped from Asia, whichever middle retailers you choose to do business with in either North America or Europe. Even SS gets their shipments directly from HT's factory, which obviously stations in China.

You don't say :horror

Maybe you missed this part They are laying in boxes for ages, in bad air conditions. Which is obviously not about Sideshow, but small retailers for example operating on eBay. Many vendors from China etc. have shops where these figures are laying in shelves, in humidity and high temp. Figures looks good until they are exposed to air and/or different conditions.

Maybe you missed this part They are laying in boxes for ages, in bad air conditions. Which is obviously not about Sideshow, but small retailers for example operating on eBay. Many vendors from China etc. have shops where these figures are laying in shelves, in humidity and high temp. Figures looks good until they are exposed to air and/or different conditions.

Exactly. The latter part is the point people have been making. I think most everyone here understands perfectly well where these are manufactured without having to take that tone.

It's where they're stored that's the issue. A figure boxed and stored in a warehouse in the US Midwest would fare better than stored in a hot Southeast Asian back of store.

I?ve brought lots of figures on eBay from sellers in Asia and all the figures have been great except this one. Obviously it was sitting around for a while since it?s an older figure. Lesson learnt for me is to buy these kind of figures soon after they?re released.

I honestly do not think high humidity is the issue.....

It?s low humidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I stopped buying from Asia - customs in my area is a pain and I avoid to deal with them. Thus I only buy from European traders and have had no problems with my collection so far. They are on display in Detolf shelves in my man cave in the cellar - dark, cool, and neither too dry nor humid.

Glad I stopped buying from Asia - customs in my area is a pain and I avoid to deal with them. Thus I only buy from European traders and have had no problems with my collection so far. They are on display in Detolf shelves in my man cave in the cellar - dark, cool, and neither too dry nor humid.

Depends when you buy them from Asia though, since they all come from there anyway. I pretty much always buy for release so they aren't sitting around forever. Buying in the UK/Europe is really expensive, I'm personally not willing to pay those huge markups.

Depends when you buy them from Asia though, since they all come from there anyway. I pretty much always buy for release so they aren't sitting around forever. Buying in the UK/Europe is really expensive, I'm personally not willing to pay those huge markups.

For me it is actually cheaper to buy from German sellers. Take the Anankin + STAP: if bought from Sideshow I would have to pay 340€ plus postage. I do not know what postage to Germany would be, but taxes and customs would amount to about 72€ (if declared as a „toy“), from my regular German seller I will pay 399€. And if I bought from Sideshow, I would have 7 days to pick a parcel up from customs during working hours - and that can be difficult as I have to work too. Thus buying in Germany is cheaper and a lot less hassle.

Back