Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I do think this looks like a cool statue, seeing the recent work in progress pictures makes me glad I canceled. I feel for the scale alone this should look a lot more realistic than it does as opposed to the sort of comic book/cartoon style It has now.

PCS seems more specialized in comic style characters, they don't seem to do many humans, so it's natural their style seems just a step above Sideshow PF level, I don't think they're capable of the lifelike quality of say Prime 1.

PCS seems more specialized in comic style characters, they don't seem to do many humans, so it's natural their style seems just a step above Sideshow PF level, I don't think they're capable of the lifelike quality of say Prime 1.

Yeah definitely. But their Conan looks pretty spot on, I'd say the proportions are better on that too.

That one they didn't do from scratch, though - if I remember correctly, they had the face mould of a younger Arnold which they scanned.

Jerry scrapped the scan at 90% finished in favor of a new sculpt from scratch. The likeness is very good on that but the body on Conan is like a cartoon in person. Exaggerated physique, big goofy feet, ribs where ribs dont belong. The warpaint version hides some of this with the fur and scabbard but it is glaring on the beach version.

Jerry scrapped the scan at 90% finished in favor of a new sculpt from scratch.

I could have sworn he said he had to considerably refine it by hand because he wasn't satisfied, rather than outright scrapping it, but I could be wrong.

The body is very Macaluso-y indeed, with all that it entails.

I may be remembering it wrong, I do remember they thought the scan would be the end all but they had to do lots of work to it to make it right. But I thought I read after all that, they just scrapped it and started from scratch.

I could have sworn he said he had to considerably refine it by hand because he wasn't satisfied, rather than outright scrapping it, but I could be wrong.

The body is very Macaluso-y indeed, with all that it entails.

Here you go. page 109 of the thread. Such a small post at the bottom it is easy to miss.
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5251655#post5251655
Screenshot_20190120-012031_Chrome.jpgp=5251655#post5251655"]https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5251655#post5251655[/URL]
Screenshot_20190120-012031_Chrome.jpg

I still think that the Hot Toys Rambo figures hold up, especially when you combine the best elements of each release:

4751ac10066bfdc53c5a66041333b7d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any 1/6 figures so I can't speak from experience, but those boots look just a bit too thin! His feet and ankles look like a stick figure compared to the rest of his body.

Oh no sir, but all these little details it counts for me, over all in this statues scale...

I'm still not sure if I keep my pre-order.
They promised they gonna fix the hand after jerry was out they told us hand was slightly adjusted.
Same with the arrow length it is still way to long.
(By the way same happened with Conan Warpaint, jerry also promised to get it movie accurate in the final product)

In making false promises PCS is definitely the number 1.

45a466887e824c6ae9cc39553d61eef8.jpg

253bc25d67fe15a871ea6f6da12cf68e.jpg

9a61e5ec0ae0d00ba532edeb8b5a9235.jpg

Let's hope the necklace (that's by the way not exclusive anymore) is not gonna look like this in the end: (They also told me it's just the proto and will be looking better in the end)
06b795f730556d329eb3916edc6ed4a1.jpg

Back