Paypal Unauthorized payment, buyer requests Credit Card chargeback . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So even if you have the custom form where it's filled out with the buyers info; with tracking number; and insurance is not enough? I also take pics of everything I sell with the final shipping box. I can't believe you will get screwed by this? On the tracking #, it shows it was delivered. I think as a seller, that should be enough. I think when you declare at a high value (what the buyer pays) & it's insured for that, the post service would not just leave it at the door.

I also do not leave a paypal balance for more then a few days.

All the same. Without an actual PP balance, they'll try to get the money from your primary financial source, and even if you don't have any money in your bank account (like potato) then you'll be on the negative until it all gets solved.

Really a lose lose situation.

All the same. Without an actual PP balance, they'll try to get the money from your primary financial source, and even if you don't have any money in your bank account (like potato) then you'll be on the negative until it all gets solved.

Really a lose lose situation.

The bank will reverse the charge back to PP as you (or at least for how my account is). You can't have a negative balance. If PayPal tries to charge your credit card then you can dispute it. I am sure if you have all the corresponding emails, receipt of delivery and insurance, all pics taken from your collectible and how it's packed, then you are safe from this.

There is no way PayPal or your credit card company will overlooked this. Otherwise, the amount of scams will escalate beyond belief.

* I once had a someone open a case and PayPal refunded the buyer back (they sided with them) and I disputed it with my credit card company. My CC sided with me and reverse the charge that PayPal did. Of course if was a pain for a month or so as my PP account was frozen.

seriously you live in small vile or something? people don't leave things unclaimed on ur doorsteps no more even if it's just a bottle of millk.

They do. Mail carriers are notorious for doing this as they are in a hurry. I don't have this problem with UPS since they sign for their packages, but there would be times in the past where I would open the door to leave the house and a giant package would be on my doorstep. The neighborhood I live in is near downtown and a couple of schools, so I would imagine kids or adults walking by the street taking it. It does not help that I live near a use toystore that buys toys from customers.

They do. Mail carriers are notorious for doing this as they are in a hurry. I don't have this problem with UPS since they sign for their packages, but there would be times in the past where I would open the door to leave the house and a giant package would be on my doorstep. The neighborhood I live in is near downtown and a couple of schools, so I would imagine kids or adults walking by the street taking it. It does not help that I live near a use toystore that buys toys from customers.

If I sell anything with high value, it's marked on the custom label. When it's shipped to the USA, I assume there are taxes involved and buyers needing to pay for it. That's why I do not declare at a lower value for anything.

In Canada, Canada Post leaves parcel outside also. I had to put a sign at my doorstep not to leave it outside and I would pick it up from the post office. No issues ever after that.

Last edited:
I've had PF's, HT's Batmobiles left outside my door by UPS. Some things I get from Hong Kong are usually not when they have a hight value, that's the only exception in my case.

I've had PF's, HT's Batmobiles left outside my door by UPS. Some things I get from Hong Kong are usually not when they have a hight value, that's the only exception in my case.

Hopefully you live in a good neighborhood, that's very unnerving.

If I sell anything with high value, it's marked on the custom label. When it's shipped to the USA, I assume there are taxes involved and buyers needing to pay for it. That's why I do not declare at a lower value for anything.

In Canada, Canada Post leaves parcel outside also. I had to put a sign at my doorstep not to leave it outside and I would pick it up from the post office. No issues ever after that.

The problem with declaring high value is that everyone knows there's something valuable inside that box.

BTW what if someone removed the sign while you leave home and camps there and take any boxes that's left infront of your doorstep. Hey you'll never know there's a new postman in town.

Maybe the ones from Hong Kong are delivered by normal postman? They might have more stringent policies. And also depends whether it's registered signed for or unregistered.

Yes they do. I wonder what kind of ****hole you live in that they don't?

they just don't. there's usually 3 options:

1.Deliver to a person that's on the said address (can still be a problem if you are sharing house with strangers or some thief happens to be chillin' at ur place)
2.Slip it into the mail box if it's unregistered & small enough (this can be safe or unsafe depending which type of house/apartment & where you live in)
3.Leave a notice for you to collect from your nearest post office (ID required when collecting/or signature & ID if you want someone to collect on behalf, but still can be falsifed)

i think the policy is there just that either the post man is too nice and wants to save yourself from going to the post office to claim it so you can open up ur HT Batmobile when you got home, or just simply too lazy to carry it all the way back to the van & back to the depot.

So even if you have the custom form where it's filled out with the buyers info; with tracking number; and insurance is not enough? I also take pics of everything I sell with the final shipping box. I can't believe you will get screwed by this? On the tracking #, it shows it was delivered. I think as a seller, that should be enough. I think when you declare at a high value (what the buyer pays) & it's insured for that, the post service would not just leave it at the door.

I also do not leave a paypal balance for more then a few days.

So can they only take it if you have a balance. Or can they take it out if your account associated with the PayPal account?

There are no taxes to pay on packages in the US. If I buy something, from anywhere in the world, that IS my final price, nothing else added to it.
With that being said, I do get packages left out at my door randomly, regardless of value, so requesting a signature is not 100% fail proof, but at least there is a chance to obtain it, and I use it on 100% of my shipments.

So can they only take it if you have a balance. Or can they take it out if your account associated with the PayPal account?

as long as you have funds in ur paypal or linked to it they can. so if you can use a debit card & ensure you have what u need in that account nothing more than that.

also always leave some balance in your paypal just not to raise suspicious.

Update.

Paypal came through and I got all of my money back. Only took a week. I was covered with seller protection, didn't need any signature confirmation. Withdrawing my $800 with a quickness!

After this week, I'm never letting money sit in my balance again.

Back