Paypal payment NOT protected for Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennypenny

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've recently pre-ordered the Batman Armory from OneSisthBruce, and made a paypal payment for the deposit of £63. Paypal confirmed this payment will not be protected as the expected delivery date for the item is outside the 45 days of protection. In the UK, Modelzone went bust last Summer, but I was lucky to get my pre-order of the DX12 Batman just before they closed down. This demonstrates how risky our pre-order payment is, as Modelzone was widely regarded as a reputable UK retailer.
As this pre-order issue is unique to our hobby, is there a safer payment method for the deposit?

Unfortunately, with credit cards, there is a time limit of 6 months and the payment needs to be more than £100
What CC do you have that has a $ limit. And 6 months if much better than 45 days. Even then I belive if you are a good customer they are going to back you regardless.

The cards in the UK has a £100 lower limit for protection. It may be different in the US. Problem with the Batman Armory is that it is not due for release until Oct 2014, which is a good 10 months from now.

not outside of paypal's window
Let's just hope OneSixthBruce doesn't go bust between now and October. Let us all buy stuff from Wai Man at OSB!!!
It worries me when a large company like Modelzone can go bust.

Back