paypal help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyfx

Super Freak
Reaction score
i'm not sure if it's too soon to tell or not yet, but i purchased a high end item and the seller isn't responding, hasn't in a few days now, here's my problem, i meant to send with fees, but sent as a gift instead, am i pretty much S O L to get any money back? any answers would help, thank you

I did not realize that asking for gift payment would not be tolerated anymore, till I read through Daves thread the other day. I decided not to ask for it and I will not pay with it either. Just to much risk both ways, especially to the buyer who gets no protection at all.

With that said, I would start freaking out after a few days too...especially if I paid a lot of money for something. I say give it a few more days. Is it from the boards or ebay or another forum?

Yeah, if you pay as gift then you are out of options, unless, possibly, you also paid with a credit card. But I'm not sure that the credit card company would pursue this either considering you paid as gift.

Maybe your credit card company can do a charge-back?

This. If you paid with funds connected to your credit card, you can file a chargeback through your bank.

If you paid with funds already in your paypal, then you're not going to be getting any money back.

That said, definitely wait until you're completely sure about the seller's motives before initiating a chargeback.

I have a limitation of how many time I can pay as gift and then all the rest are only purchase options. But 99% of the time I use purchase anyway.

i'm not sure if it's too soon to tell or not yet, but i purchased a high end item and the seller isn't responding, hasn't in a few days now, here's my problem, i meant to send with fees, but sent as a gift instead, am i pretty much S O L to get any money back? any answers would help, thank you

Sorry to say mate but you don't really have any options if you sent the money as gift :(

Maybe see if your bank can do anything to stop the payment and send paypal an email anyway explaining what happened apart from that there ain't much you can do.

As the saying goes "we all learn from our mistakes". Seriously dude, never ever pay as gift, unless of course its for a family member or good friend. Hopefully your situation will work itself out and that the seller is maybe away on vacation hence the delay on getting back to you. Please be sure to not send payment as a gift in future as there are those out there who may indded walk off with your money - i really dont think that is the issue here though. Good Luck

Unless you paid by credit card, you might be otherwise be out of luck. Like RobertoB said, never pay as gift.

FAMILY EMERGENCY AND COULDN'T GET TO A COMPUTER FOR A FEW DAYS! YUSSSSSS! not for the emergency of course...

Back