Pay pal!!!! 2 month later Sending item back to seller!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheeseman69

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I just have a email from paypal asking me sending item back to seller!!!!

I brought a hot toys blade from seller (march) 2 months ago and received it which I'm not happy with it because there is huge White Mark on head (look like birds ____) lol which can't be remove and He lie to me saying item is mint condition so I drop email to seller with pics etc asap.
I has no reply from him for about 3 week ish so I thought he taking the piss!!! Take the money and run!!! So I open the case paypal end of April to sort it this problem.. Still heard nothing from him for 2 week ish so I open the paypal claim for item return to sender for full refund. Still no reply So paypal have make a decision refund my money back and never ask me send item back to seller.. (I don't have there address detail).. Case is close...

3 week later I just received email from paypal today... See below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you are already aware we have issued you a full refund for the above
transaction the seller has since contacted us as to their understanding you
were to return the item and they advised that they have still not received
their item back.

It is generally against paypal policy for you to receive a refund and keep
the item and thus we request that you return the item in the same condition
it was received to the sellers address.

Sellers Address

14 xxxxxxx
Xxxxx
Xxxxx
United Kingdom

Once you've sent the item(s), please email [email protected] to
provide online tracking information for the package.

This tracking information is necessary because it confirms that the package
was delivered.

If the transaction was 150.00 GBP or more, we require that you ask the
seller to sign for the package when it is received.
Deadline: Ten daysWithin ten calendar days, please post the item(s) and
provide tracking information that can be verified online.

Regards,
Ciaran
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what I should do???? Because I just brought some replacement part which is now is mint condition by me..

We think it down to seller fault paypal close the case refund to me.

I don't think you can keep the money and the item. If you got a refund, the item should be sent back to restore everyone to their original situation. It wouldn't be fair if you got to keep the item and the money.

Yep. Return it, or make an offer to the seller to send them back all the money minus what you paid for the replacement part. Then you get your mint figure for the original price you paid, and the seller gets most of their money back. Everyone "should" be happy.

Yep. Return it, or make an offer to the seller to send them back all the money minus what you paid for the replacement part. Then you get your mint figure for the original price you paid, and the seller gets most of their money back. Everyone "should" be happy.

Thank avenger I will go for this one keep the item and make offer.

You know not for nothing but that seller would probably be happy with some money back then no money.Unless he sold the figure for a REAL LOW price then he would want it back cause he could easily sell for $500 or more on EBAY now.Just like Avenger said explain to him that you had bought replacement parts and you'd like to keep figure now but minus what you put into it.GOOD LUCK with that!!☺

You don't have a leg to stand on. You can only keep the money or the item. You can't have both and if you make an offer and he refuses it's just something he can use against you with Paypal to make it look like a hustle. If he wants his item back and not the money you have no choice but to send his item back. He holds all the power right now.

I don't think you can keep the money and the item. If you got a refund, the item should be sent back to restore everyone to their original situation. It wouldn't be fair if you got to keep the item and the money.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly: Replacement part purchased or not, not returning the figure makes the buyer no better.

Last edited:
So you guys think it's okay for the seller to just not respond at all to the buyer's valid complaint? Buyer opens a Paypal claim, the seller still does not respond, which causes the seller to lose the case.

I'd say keep the item, it's probably what he deserves for not resonding. But if he's crying to paypal, they might pull the money from your account. I would call them and ask what would happen if you don't return the item.

So you guys think it's okay for the seller to just not respond at all to the buyer's valid complaint? Buyer opens a Paypal claim, the seller still does not respond, which causes the seller to lose the case.

I'd say keep the item, it's probably what he deserves for not resonding. But if he's crying to paypal, they might pull the money from your account. I would call them and ask what would happen if you don't return the item.

No, it's not ok on the seller's part, but them's the rules - you get a refund you have to return the item, no matter how much it grates. If you wanted to be really nasty about it you'd return it with a few 'modifications' thrown in to ensure that a) the seller got the face-slappin' they deserved and b) the seller couldn't turn around and try the same trick with another buyer.

But that would be pretty low, and the seller might even then have a case against the buyer. Me, I'd think about doing something nasty but my better nature would win out and let karma serve this guy instead.

I have no sympathy for the seller.
He not only lied about a product sale but ignored all attempts at contact to get out of fixing the problem.

Its obviously only after he has realized Paypal has taken money out of his account without his consent (which they can obviously do via the claim process) that he is now making noise into why his product hasn't been returned.

Screw him....at the various least, make him wait as long as possible before doing anything. It is people like him that give ebay/Paypal sellers a bad name.

That doesn't excuse keeping the item and then defrauding ebay out of a refund. :dunno

If ebay decided the course of action and closed the case, the conditions were stipulated VERY clearly in the decision, which was likely a full refund for return of the item. I've been on both sides of this type of claim and have never seen an email from EbaY basically stating, "Oh, the seller's a ******. We'll stick it to him. Here's your refund and keep the item." :cuckoo: That's fraud.

I have no sympathy for the seller.
He not only lied about a product sale but ignored all attempts at contact to get out of fixing the problem.

Its obviously only after he has realized Paypal has taken money out of his account without his consent (which they can obviously do via the claim process) that he is now making noise into why his product hasn't been returned.

Screw him....at the various least, make him wait as long as possible before doing anything. It is people like him that give ebay/Paypal sellers a bad name.

:exactly::goodpost::hi5:

return the item and case closed

Simple as that... everyone knows (or should know) that if you get a refund you are responsible for sending the item back, paying for the return shipping and being able to prove that it was delivered. If you don't meet those criteria the seller will get their money back.

But to be honest, I'm surprised you got the refund before the figure was confirmed as delivered. Generally if you go through Paypal you have to prove that the item was delivered before they return the funds.

I would say contact paypal who can contact the seller about the returning of the refund if you do not wish to send back the item. Or, send back the item minus the modifications.

From experience,if you don't return the figure PAYPAL takes the amount refunded from your account and that's it.Now if say you don't have any funds at all(bank included) then PAYPAL is screwed cause they have to make good on it.Just remember though what goes around comes around.GOOD LUCK!☺

Did this really need a thread? You got your money back, it's clearly obvious you need to sent them item back to the seller.

Back