Pax build /w Acrylic doors and Glass Shelves - Finally Finished

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the hinges was what I had to spend the most time researching. I had no clue about the differences of inlay/overlay glass/frame and weight capacity. Most companies don't list their full weight capacity for hinges from what I was finding, so I had to call Hafele direct and they directed me to their catalog that had a ton of great info. Really impressed with Hafele, they make both the metal pegs and hinges and if I need further shelf support they make great "L" brackets without the cross sections, so they dont obstruct viewing.

Going to take the Pax plunge but going with the shorter less wider version. I should be able to just get away with the shelves, right?

Quick question about the Pegs on the first page. The link is still active and they're the 10mm pegs, correct? I'm a little hesitant about the stock pegs that come with the Kompliment shelves so Hulk is going on the bottom shelf for now. Any chance similar pegs are carried in the States as apposed to the U.K.?

Thank you so much for the explain !! I am copying you now l:)

By the way, is the Shelf support brackets has to be that long enough to hold the weight? My is about 27" long since I can't cut the one you recommend .

I recommend going with the doors. IMO it makes the presentation complete.

I'm going to do that eventually but since I bought the "smaller" Pax, I was thinking about getting custom doors that are similar to Sindvik doors on my Bestas.

I'm going to do that eventually but since I bought the "smaller" Pax, I was thinking about getting custom doors that are similar to Sindvik doors on my Bestas.

Just curious, did you ever post the photo of the Wolverine-Hulk dio in the BESTA? Just curious to see how much of it sticks out.

I did! It's mostly Wolverine and the base that won't allow a good fit for the Besta. It's not by much though.

Ahhh thanks! I must've missed it, I was looking only in the BESTA thread. I guess at that angle for it to "almost fit", it's not as appealing since you can't really see the characters' faces. Did you end up getting the PAX or did you try the 2 BESTAs back-to-back?

Ahhh thanks! I must've missed it, I was looking only in the BESTA thread. I guess at that angle for it to "almost fit", it's not as appealing since you can't really see the characters' faces. Did you end up getting the PAX or did you try the 2 BESTAs back-to-back?

You didn't miss it. I just forgot to post pictures 😁 I ended up going with the Pax but not the larger one. My space is limited and the smaller one felt and looked more like the Besta.

Fantastic job Shaughn, your setup looks great. (very rare and special piece that is in the last photo = 1 of 1). :)

X-men with the Sentinel looks amazing, congrats & well done.

Fantastic job Shaughn, your setup looks great. (very rare and special piece that is in the last photo = 1 of 1). :)

X-men with the Sentinel looks amazing, congrats & well done.

thanks. I cant believe how much bigger he has gotten since I did this. I am planning on moving the 1/6 xmen out of the Pax and creating a glass shelving display between my 2 PAX once rooms begins to run out.

I’m going to pick up the pax units today so it doesn’t matter what size I get just as long as I get the glass doors to fit into those sliding doors?
Also I need to buy all these brackets ? or can I just use the shelving and
Brackets that Ikea sells? I don’t want glass shelves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to pick up the pax units today so it doesn’t matter what size I get just as long as I get the glass doors to fit into those sliding doors?
Also I need to buy all these brackets ? or can I just use the shelving and
Brackets that Ikea sells? I don’t want glass shelves

Sorry for the late response,
Did you already purchase the PAX unit?

I created hinged doors to swing open, if you want sliding doors, you would need to get a different type of PAX than what I purchased.
If you have the sliding doors, you dont need to get the hinges I listed above.
The brackets help with reinforcing for the shelf, you can use the ikea pegs that come with the shelves, but you may get bowing if you have heavy statues on them.

Sorry for the late response,
Did you already purchase the PAX unit?

I created hinged doors to swing open, if you want sliding doors, you would need to get a different type of PAX than what I purchased.
If you have the sliding doors, you dont need to get the hinges I listed above.
The brackets help with reinforcing for the shelf, you can use the ikea pegs that come with the shelves, but you may get bowing if you have heavy statues on them.

Yes I bought the sliding doors and I’m getting custom glass made for them thank you very much for your response

Also to reinforce I got the hanger thing which I’m going to put underneath is that what you’re talking about?

Yes I bought the sliding doors and I’m getting custom glass made for them thank you very much for your response

Also to reinforce I got the hanger thing which I’m going to put underneath is that what you’re talking about?

Also has anyone used to the hue light strips for displays

Back