Paul Walker dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the post, to an extent. Walker was an actor; he was a human being, but then, so are the millions of other people who die every day. Am I saying that people shouldn't show their support? Absolutely not. However, I do think it says something about society when I can look at my Facebook newsfeed and see more "R.I.P Paul Walker" posts. I'm not saying that he wasn't a good guy who did good things, but, at the end of the day, it really goes to show just how much people value the idea of celebrity when it overshadows the death of a man who helped end one of the darkest times in South Africa's history.

Basically, I don't think the post is speaking out against Walker as a person, so much as it is against the idea of how we worship celebrity status.

I never watched a F&F movie all the way thru. Was never a fan of Walker. But just hearing the type of man especially in the business he worked in, he has my respect.

I agree with the post, to an extent. Walker was an actor; he was a human being, but then, so are the millions of other people who die every day. Am I saying that people shouldn't show their support? Absolutely not. However, I do think it says something about society when I can look at my Facebook newsfeed and see more "R.I.P Paul Walker" posts. I'm not saying that he wasn't a good guy who did good things, but, at the end of the day, it really goes to show just how much people value the idea of celebrity when it overshadows the death of a man who helped end one of the darkest times in South Africa's history.

Basically, I don't think the post is speaking out against Walker as a person, so much as it is against the idea of how we worship celebrity status.

I think more people are affected by his death because of the way he died and his age. Mandela was 95. I honestly thought he had already passed away. Just because people are sharing tribute posts of Walker, doesn't mean that Mandela's death is being overshadowed. Our school flags are at half mast right now because of his death.

There are some people on my Facebook page that are trying to make it a racial thing, and that's really ticking me off.

I think more people are affected by his death because of the way he died and his age. Mandela was 95. I honestly thought he had already passed away. Just because people are sharing tribute posts of Walker, doesn't mean that Mandela's death is being overshadowed. Our school flags are at half mast right now because of his death.

There are some people on my Facebook page that are trying to make it a racial thing, and that's really ticking me off.

I totally agree with your message and as a Walker fan his death has personally affected me more than Mandela. I'm just saying the message of the post does have a point. Many people pay more attention to TMZ than to real issues.

Mandela was 95....that's 95. He lived a full life and did some history changing things. Walkers life ended way to soon. From all accounts he had a huge heart and he is leaving behind a 15yr old daughter. The 2 celebrity deaths that bothered me the most were Steve Irwin and Phil Harris. Irwin because he was the greatest animal advocate I've ever seen and Harris because he reminded me so much of my Dad.

I totally agree with your message and as a Walker fan his death has personally affected me more than Mandela. I'm just saying the message of the post does have a point. Many people pay more attention to TMZ than to real issues.

the sad fact of today is Walker probably brought more joy into the lives of people than most of the others you listed ...

Mandela was 95....that's 95. He lived a full life and did some history changing things. Walkers life ended way to soon. From all accounts he had a huge heart and he is leaving behind a 15yr old daughter. The 2 celebrity deaths that bothered me the most were Steve Irwin and Phil Harris. Irwin because he was the greatest animal advocate I've ever seen and Harris because he reminded me so much of my Dad.

Captain Phil! Now you gone did it! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

If you check my Facebook you will see that's what I posted when my cousin asked why Mandela gets less attention. Great minds think alike.

If you check my Facebook you will see that's what I posted when my cousin asked why Mandela gets less attention. Great minds think alike.

I honestly don't understand where Mandela isn't getting any attention. He's all over the news and PBS just had a special on him about an hour ago, and I'm sure there's more to come.

Did your cousin post a tribute to him?

This was posted on my Facebook page. Why do people feel the need to do this ****?

1467269_576653615281_2064297395_n.jpg

Im sorry but there is some truth to this post even though it was done in poor taste.

Its still tragic on both ends. Especially for paul who was still so young. We should show respect for Both. They both had loved ones and contributed to the world.

I honestly don't understand where Mandela isn't getting any attention. He's all over the news and PBS just had a special on him about an hour ago, and I'm sure there's more to come.

Did your cousin post a tribute to him?

Eh some people just see what they want to see.

Im sorry but there is some truth to this post even though it was done in poor taste.

Its still tragic on both ends. Especially for paul who was still so young. We should show respect for Both. They both had loved ones and contributed to the world.

It's still not needed. I see Ween's point.

Of course there should be respect for both, but since Mandela's death, for some reason so many are hating on Walker. It's just a shame.

Seriously!? Why must we compare death? It's stupid and degrading. A loss of life is a loss of life no matter who it is. Sad no matter who.

I hate humanity some times. I'll say it again...the problem with some people is that they exist.

I agree.

Besides, I can mourn more over one person than the other if i choose. No one can tell you who you should mourn for.

Rip Paul!!!!

Mandela's impact on the world is arguably less known in the US because most of his impact took place in South Africa. Sure, he's well known across the globe nowadays, but in the US Paul Walker is more well-known in the younger generation due to his Fast and Furious franchise. Mandela isn't exactly in a new, flashy film every other year. Mandela's most prominent actions took place a generation ago, and on the other side of the world, which places him at a disconnect from most Americans growing up today. Those of us old enough to remember his actions to end apartheid embrace him as a leader for equal rights, while younger people hardly know about his impact in Africa. This isn't their fault, really - it's an oversight in an already controversial education system here in the US.

There's also something to be said about a natural, expected death, like Mandela's, and a sudden, unexpected death, like Walker's - at least, that's the way most brains process it. "He was so young!" or "Well, he was old." But ultimately, a death is a death. The world has lost two people who were very much loved, and countless more since both of them have passed. But we are disconnected from most of them. If we weren't, it'd be hard to go on each day. I say we stop comparing their actions, celebrate their lives, and move forward with our own.

:peace

Back