Patriotism.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it will ease your aggression, I was speaking of the more extreme ends of the spectrum. You either have jingoistic loudmouths who literally display their patriotism in everything they wear, yet who are quick to want to want to legislate away the freedoms of others, as long as it doesn't affect them directly. Or you have people who live in a paradox who don't recognize the potential of being born in a great nation, who choose to diminish and demean the efforts of those before them to use their gifts of freedom to stand against everything they've been given. I guess I only apply that to America, since I haven't lived in another country. So I suppose I should change my wording from "every nation" to "the one I know". Otherwise, I thought the implications were clear enough.

I'm at the point where, as long as I can sit at the park to watch the fireworks, eat a medium steak and drink a Mexican beer, I'm good.

I think there is not enough distinction today between loving your country and loving your government. If patriotism means loving your government you may as well be spitting on the constitution. Government in the U.S. was only ever to be viewed by us as a necessary evil which makes patriotism, to me, both the right and the duty to question it because I love my country.

I'm wondering why Riddick dropped this then left. :lol
I just dunno how to respond. Initial idea was to post my own feelings to let others know what I mean, but then I thought that starting with my views on being Russian on US board will be out of place and confusing. Maybe because of this the discussion went in a different direction and now I am the only one confused. :lol

I think there is not enough distinction today between loving your country and loving your government. If patriotism means loving your government you may as well be spitting on the constitution. Government in the U.S. was only ever to be viewed by us as a necessary evil which makes patriotism, to me, both the right and the duty to question it because I love my country.

That's a good point. The line has been blurred by politics and politicians the last 20 years or so.

I just dunno how to respond. Initial idea was to post my own feelings to let others know what I mean, but then I thought that starting with my views on being Russian on US board will be out of place and confusing. Maybe because of this the discussion went in a different direction and now I am the only one confused. :lol

Why so confuse? Are you patriotic to mother Russia? Even with current event?

There's a guy who work in Mr. Green company who's from Ukraine and he believe its part of Russia but he doesn't seem to be into communism. Supposedly he's been in US for 11 yrs. He's the one who might be confuse cause he got experience in both country.

Last edited:
So you're the self-appointed board hall monitor then. Gotcha.
You're aggressive. That's not an emotion, it's a characteristic. And a fact.

I love my country.

latest

Back