Patches help - A guide of the Correct order to put them on the figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How is it worthless without pics? It is perfectly spelled out on the first post. The bold part is the place to put the patches. The underlined part is what patch to put in that bold parts place. What are you having trouble with? Unfortunately, my camera is broken at the moment.

How is it worthless without pics? It is perfectly spelled out on the first post. The bold part is the place to put the patches. The underlined part is what patch to put in that bold parts place. What are you having trouble with? Unfortunately, my camera is broken at the moment.

Keep in mind, most of the patch descriptions are Greek to people not in the military, and even to those who served prior to ACUs, which comprise a decent chunk of those here asking for pics.

Personally, to cut the confusion, for the sleeves, I'd just put the flags on the pocket flaps (stars facing forward) and the G.I. Joe unit patches underneath, on the pockets. Then codename nametap on the right breast pocket w/G.I. Joe nametape on the left. Given G.I. Joe is a covert team, names, qualifications, former unit patches, etc., would be classified anyway. :huh

Last edited:
I see them posted wrong sometimes and wanted to help everyone out.
This is for the Army as non of the other branches have been made yet.

First off, almost all patches should be in their subdued (non-bright) colors when wearing their uniforms. Only dress uniforms should use the brighter colored versions.

Here is the order from Right to Left:

Right Shoulder Top
- Reversed American Flag (Momentum Forward) as we are in wartime.
- Regular American Flag

Right Shoulder Bottom
- Shoulder Sleeve Insignia-Former Wartime Service (SSI-FWS) can be worn by all Joes as they have been sdeployed in combat zones for 30 days or more. Usually the same as the left SSI.

Right Chest
- Code Name Tape (GI Joe is a Unit where you don't exist, therefor code name should be used.)[/U]
- Surname Tape

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Left Shoulder Top
- Individual Skill You can wear up to 3 at a time: (For Example: Special Forces/Ranger)

Left Shoulder Bottom
- Mountain Tab on top of the SSI
- Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI) aka the Formation patch.

Left Chest
- G.I. Joe
- Armed forces Branch Tape (US ARMY)

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks, I really appreciate this, I've been trying to figure out how to do this properly like crazy, you rock dude!!

Cheers!

Alain

Hey there Starfighter

Just wanna say thanks for posting this, I like giving the joes their own character.

They are however meant to be the best of the best and making sure their ACU is to the letter, helps to sell this fact.

And now onto to sorting out the patches on some joes :D

So this is wrong?

FLINT.jpg

I've always believed once you made it on to the JOE team, you could wear whatever you wanted. Most stick to what works best for their primary specialty, but there's nobody inspecting your patches. Bazooka's jersey and Quick Kicks no shirt, no shoes, no problem policy are perfect examples.

Last edited:
I've always believed once you made it on to the JOE team, you could wear whatever you wanted. Most stick to what works best for their primary specialty, but theirs nobody inspecting your patches. Bazooka's jersey and Quick Kicks no shirt, no shoes, no problem policy are perfect examples.

For the most part though, that's on par with SF. They have cart blanche when it comes to uniforms, loadouts, etc.

Back