parrasmaniac's IKEA Billy in the corner of the studio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on a super setup! Some of the most iconic characters in history in there :D

I have the Navy blue Billy as it fits in with the room however it dims the internal LED lighting slightly. Your example is perfect.

How have you 'dulled' the lighting strips? have you folded white card to drop over the lights, so it bounces inward?

Last edited:
thanks a lot!

And yes, it is white cardboard.

A white Billy + white cardboard is a good way to tidy things a bit.

You can hide wires (Vader’s CCL) or the LED strips using cardboard.

thanks a lot!

And yes, it is white cardboard.

A white Billy + white cardboard is a good way to tidy things a bit.

You can hide wires (Vader’s CCL) or the LED strips using cardboard.

My intension is to 'white out' the shelves which have figures in (currently only 1, soon to be 2) using laminated board. Looking to get this done net week and they should 'pop' a lot more with the contrast against the blue.

Also looking to have lighting down the sides like you have! Fingers crossed.

Congrats again, looks amazing!

new pics!

General overview:
billy oct19.jpg

Nice selection of figures, looks like you love the eighties ;-)

I think you are more a cherry picker than a collect them all.

thanks! yes I try to be... I realised that since the previous photo, I sold 5 figures, and bought 8.

The limit in space helps me prioritize, and keep the ones I like best!

I really love the random pairings, personally. Stormtrooper with Marty and Slimer looks wonderful. But I also love the Empire Strikes Back set up. I need a shiny C3P0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uhmm no, I don't think so.

You could fit 4, and 2 of them would have plenty of height space.

But no, I cannot see 5 shelves unless you add the extra top part, which you can, but it is too high to display figures IMHO.

thanks for the messages guys!!

uhmm no, I don't think so.

You could fit 4, and 2 of them would have plenty of height space.

But no, I cannot see 5 shelves unless you add the extra top part, which you can, but it is too high to display figures IMHO.

thanks for the messages guys!!

The interior height looks like it is about 72 inches - ? So wouldn't that be enough to have 5 levels of figures with ~14 inches per level?

Back