Pangaea Samurai General - 1/6 Scale Armored Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been quiet out of this hobby for awhile, but had to get this figure after I decided not to spend all that amount for the CultKing release. And damn, I'm impressed by this release. The armor is a beauty, those details are great and the proportions are perfect and you can actually pose him very vell and the armor will still sit perfectly. The sculpt has a strong likeness, if you treat it well. With a nice treatment i mean that hair. Out of the box, it looks strange. So i had to restyle his haircut and it made the likeness more to shine. Still the sculpt has room for improvements, BUT in my opinion it looks better then CultKings release. The sculpt looks also much better inhand than on any picture i've seen.

The only thing i would have wished would have been a different tunic. Here we got a simple generic one colour tunic, but the original one has some lovely details to it. It's a missed opportunity, especially that this figure is so damn detailed. And the swords/katanas,... yeah... they look alright, but still would have wished some high-quality katanas. and also the engraving on one of the swords.

But still overall it is a lovely and highly appreciated release with so many details. For me, it was a grail. I was really sad not getting the CultKing figure, but with that price-tag it was a no-go. And when i compare them, even the figure by itself looks much better then the CK. But still, it's just my oppinion and everyone has a different taste :) For those who are debating if they should get it or not, don't hesitate and get it. It's definitely an eye-catcher.

tls3.png

tls1.png

tls2.png

Im trying to get my hands on one of this but its all sold out any one knows who might have him in stock? There is a guy on ebay but the price is 300 no way

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Im trying to get my hands on one of this but its all sold out any one knows who might have him in stock? There is a guy on ebay but the price is 300 no way

They are releasing them in waves, more are coming. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh great didnt know that
So timewalker and kghobby will have them back i guess
Thanks

I've been quiet out of this hobby for awhile, but had to get this figure after I decided not to spend all that amount for the CultKing release. And damn, I'm impressed by this release. The armor is a beauty, those details are great and the proportions are perfect and you can actually pose him very vell and the armor will still sit perfectly. The sculpt has a strong likeness, if you treat it well. With a nice treatment i mean that hair. Out of the box, it looks strange. So i had to restyle his haircut and it made the likeness more to shine. Still the sculpt has room for improvements, BUT in my opinion it looks better then CultKings release. The sculpt looks also much better inhand than on any picture i've seen.

The only thing i would have wished would have been a different tunic. Here we got a simple generic one colour tunic, but the original one has some lovely details to it. It's a missed opportunity, especially that this figure is so damn detailed. And the swords/katanas,... yeah... they look alright, but still would have wished some high-quality katanas. and also the engraving on one of the swords.

But still overall it is a lovely and highly appreciated release with so many details. For me, it was a grail. I was really sad not getting the CultKing figure, but with that price-tag it was a no-go. And when i compare them, even the figure by itself looks much better then the CK. But still, it's just my oppinion and everyone has a different taste :) For those who are debating if they should get it or not, don't hesitate and get it. It's definitely an eye-catcher.

tls3.png

tls1.png

tls2.png

Picked him up as well and think it looks great.

Would have been nice if they had some chains to properly connect the katana's. Slipping it in the red sash is less then ideal.
Also they put way too much hair product. It took me a good 20 mins to weave that icky mess out with water. Very happy with the final product. Recommended.

Picked him up as well and think it looks great.

Would have been nice if they had some chains to properly connect the katana's. Slipping it in the red sash is less then ideal.
Also they put way too much hair product. It took me a good 20 mins to weave that icky mess out with water. Very happy with the final product. Recommended.

Any pics?
m.

IMG_20190327_133704188_BURST001.jpg
IMG_20190327_133730931.jpg
IMG_20190327_133719407.jpg
IMG_20190327_134855789.jpg
IMG_20190327_134909892.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_090706511.jpg
    IMG_20190325_090706511.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20190327_134725527.jpg
    IMG_20190327_134725527.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 88
Nice pics! Did you redo the hair at all? Seems to look a lot better than I was able to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Yodasodabo are the first photos I take after the modification. Cut the hair a little bit in the back and with wax and dryer I gave it shape, I wanted it to be even better but for now I am satisfied with the result. Watching the movie again I think the body of the figure looks something thin so maybe later make a couple of changes on the body too.

Ah okay, was just hoping yours didn’t come out of the box looking that good considering how mine came haha but yea, already styled mine quite a bit but still didn’t come out as good as yours. Modded the rest of mine quite a bit as well.

I gave the the armor some darker washes as mine was a bit to bright and I gave the whole armor a semi gloss coat. I also switched the body to a modified narrow shoulder and did some major futzing to the under garments. Trimmed the red sash as it was too long as well as his collar piece but it’s still overall the wrong shape and not enough material to cut into the accurate shape. Lastly I heated up the armor and better shaped it to his body. Mainly tightening up the front torso piece. Still thinking of darkening all the red polka dots.
1a3c38c13231a38e8c726b67ff3ede10.jpg
40b54760cb3b69262e712697d9f8361d.jpg
6092b5c3faca0189d19d3bbb03843fcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back