Painting a Phicen body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comatoast

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I don't own any of these seamless bodies so I don't know if the material can be primed/painted well.

Working on a sleeveless female figure (Michone) that I'd like to use one for and there are no African-American versions that I know of (except for the Holly Barrie version which would still need to be painted).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing I've found to work are artist's oils (linseed oil-based paint), airbrushed on with odourless mineral spirits as thinner. I used that on Hot Toys bodies and it didn't crack when dried. Drying oil can takes up to two weeks, so make sure to cover to avoid dust while keeping exposed to air.

Is that on the harder/plastic bodies Star or the softer/rubbery parts? Did you prime first? I'm suprised acrylics wouldn't work with a sealer but I have zero experience so thank you for the insight!

The only thing I've found to work are artist's oils (linseed oil-based paint), airbrushed on with odourless mineral spirits as thinner. I used that on Hot Toys bodies and it didn't crack when dried. Drying oil can takes up to two weeks, so make sure to cover to avoid dust while keeping exposed to air.

Hi Comatoast. First of all, do not prime on a silicone body like Phicen. it will crack off and wont stay on for sure. There are basic 2 ways to do it. The easiest way is to use clothing dye. An alternative way is to use a silicone paint called Psycho Paint (since silicone will only stick on silicone) That paint can be use by an airbrush too. Hope it helps

Thanks, PC. Looks like I'll have to find an alternate anyway - I'll need pegs for the boots and the feet don't detach on phicen. Anybody ever cur them off to use the pegs instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems like a little wasteful to cut off the phicen feet just to fit the boot. Beside, even if you cut off the feet, it will not fit the pegs cos the Phicen body has a steel body frame. Couldn't you get one of those leather boot instead?

Back