Paint wich does not dry...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necronomicon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guy's,

Maybe some can help me: I bought a Freddy skull headsculpt + hat from Nightmare on Elmstreet 1 on her from someone. It's the sculpt made by One. Problem is some spots on the hat were sticky, so l decided to remove the paint because l thought no primer is used. l cleaned it up, and gave it a coat of Tamiya primer. The surface is resin, and the primer does not dry.....

In my 30 plus year in scalemodelling l never ever experienced this problem....adhesion on resin is after sanding very well, especially with Tamiya´s primer.

Does anybody knows what to do? I really have no clue :dunno

Okay. Dis you use a primer for metal? That can be a problem. I know most are sndable to use on metal, but the ones for metal exclusively can create problems drying. The other thing is wash the cast thouroughly w/dish soap to get the mold release off. If it is because of the cast leeching some oils because of improper mixing or bad resin, you can sit it in the hot sunshine for several hours or better put it in an oven on low temp to cure it.

Okay. Dis you use a primer for metal? That can be a problem. I know most are sndable to use on metal, but the ones for metal exclusively can create problems drying. The other thing is wash the cast thouroughly w/dish soap to get the mold release off. If it is because of the cast leeching some oils because of improper mixing or bad resin, you can sit it in the hot sunshine for several hours or better put it in an oven on low temp to cure it.

Nope, just the normal Tamiya primer, wich is for plastic, resin, etc. I washed it in water and soap. I think it´s the resin, but what l really don´t know....:dunno

I will be your priest....*chest thrust*

439462-merrin.jpg

Did the seller tell you about the crappy paint job before hand? I hope you got some money back.

I've had this happen on some I've bought. The resin wasn't mixed completely. Try putting some epoxy putty or super glue on the offending area. It will cover the spot, then after a bit of sanding, will be ready to accept primer.

maybe you can use primer from can spray paint, usually it can dry on any surface

Back