Statue Pacific Rim - Slattern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! ..can't wait for mine :) That light up does looks killer.

I don't really understand why SS have recently stated that the Striker Eureka light up 'can't be done without compromising the statue aesthetics / integrity'. The Slattern sculpt looks far more intricate to my eye. Feel they should either all have light ups or all of them don't have any. Oh, well ..is word on the street that Gypsy still has one?

Gypsy didn't have one initially, but now does. So complete opposite of the Striker Eureka weirdly. I was going to pick up the Slattern but I've decided I'm happy with Knifehead on his own for now. I do hope we see a few more soon though and they all have light up features.

Gypsy didn't have one initially, but now does. So complete opposite of the Striker Eureka weirdly. I was going to pick up the Slattern but I've decided I'm happy with Knifehead on his own for now. I do hope we see a few more soon though and they all have light up features.

We still haven't seen any photos of gypsy with the light-up feature, so I'm still sceptical

No. but SS have confirmed it. I imagine it will just be the orange reactor. If they had included spotlights etc I'd have been all over it despite the awkward pose.

No. but SS have confirmed it. I imagine it will just be the orange reactor. If they had included spotlights etc I'd have been all over it despite the awkward pose.

Sideshow also never confirmed either of the kaiju would have lights, but they came with them. I really hope gypsy has lights do I can get him, but things aren't looking pricing Ayer they had to cancel the pilot lights on Stryker, the one Jaeger I was actually considering will now probably be a pass

Normally I'd agree that light up features are a gimmick, but on these, the Knifehead in particular I really think it adds a lot to the statue.

My Slattern arrived today ..expectations were pretty high. I'm in Norway too so with the $70 shipping cost and 25% import tax I pay this has cost me over $675.

I think the sculpt and design is awesome and it's the main reason I bought one. In person the size is good and it looks tremendous from a few feet away. A superb creature that's every bit as bad ass as Knifehead.

Unfortunately this is not Sideshows finest hour when it comes to paint. Simply put it looks a bit rushed and slightly unfinished.

The paint markings are very cool and detailed but it's the finish that lets it down. Both the creature and the rock it's perched on have the same flat matte paint. The blue bio luminescent details which should really pop like the yellow markings on Knifehead are a milky blue colour and barely visible. Overall the finish on Knifehead is better than what's on show here. Slatterns body has had a dark wash applied to it that brings out much of the sculpts details but it looks smudgy and dirty up close. Mine also has the rock painted hand issue ...it's no big deal but at this price point QC should never have passed over an error like that.

Also the light up doesn't work on mine. Waiting to hear back from SSC about that.

Will try and uploaded some better pics later in the week.

more-slatt-005_web.jpg

Attachments

• more slatt 005_web.jpg
    more slatt 005_web.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
Sorry about the issues, it is an impressive statue no doubt but I've passed on it due to some of the complaints about paint etc. My Knifehead looks just fine on his own until a few more Kaiju hopefully appear from SS. I'm sure they will sort you out with a replacement, they are usually good like that.

Yeah, it's easy to get caught up in criticism when overall it's still a very cool statue. Knifehead was a tough act to follow and it kind of set the standard so of coarse there's expectation ...but the extra $90 was also a factor that made me expect 'more'. SSC are generally very good in the after sales so fingers crossed I can get the light up going :)

Oh I agree, you shouldn't be lowering expectations, where is the fun in that. You are right that the Knifehead is awesome though! He was always going to be a difficult act to follow, I love mine. Sculpt on this guy looks great though, didn't they have one of the guys from the movie do this one? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. Let us know what SS say anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll be okay. I'm waiting to hear back myself about my Alien Warrior LSB which unfortunately has a fair few chips and scratches etc. Just luck of the draw sometimes.

Oh I agree, you shouldn't be lowering expectations, where is the fun in that.

We can't have them resting on their laurels :) I think Knifehead sneaked under the radar as one of their best recently. Are you getting into the robots as well? Will be interesting to see how they approach the paint on those. Not sure if any of the movie artists are directly involved in sculpting them but it would figure.

Just luck of the draw sometimes.

So true. The few replacements I've had have always been noticeably better. I think Slattern will grow on me ..I can't praise the sculpt enough and the paint scheme and design is also good. It's just the finishing that I thought came up short ...in light of Knifeheads more 'glossy' look :)

I think Knifehead sneaked under the radar as one of their best recently. Are you getting into the robots as well? Will be interesting to see how they approach the paint on those.

Definitely agree with that, I got him simply because the Knifehead was such a cool creature in the movie and was really happy with what arrived, he was better than I expected even. I keep umming and arring about Gipsy Danger, I personally can't bring myself to like the poses the Jaegers were given but he does look cool. I'll wait for the in hand pictures and then decide on that one. The light up feature may well bring it to life if it is implemented as well as Knifeheads.

It was silly of them to release the kaiju first. Would have been much better to release Gipsy, then knifehead, then stryker, then slattern.

The bundle deal is amazing on these pieces. I had to call Sideshow but they allowed me to swap out Stryker for Gypsy. So I was able to get Slattern and Gypsy in a bundle. To good of a deal to pass up. Thank you Sideshow.

The bundle deal is amazing on these pieces. I had to call Sideshow but they allowed me to swap out Stryker for Gypsy. So I was able to get Slattern and Gypsy in a bundle. To good of a deal to pass up. Thank you Sideshow.

I was thinking of asking that myself, already have and love the Knifehead!

that bundle is really tempting. I love the movie but these were to high priced for the size imo but now I can't complain

Back