Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Lol at thinking something is overpriced when they have no idea about collectibles outside their own little bubble.

Lol at someone thinks someone else has no idea about collectibles outside of their own little bubble then says, "I have my green Hulk, he's heavy and there's nothing cheap about him". Irony FTL.

I could list a lot of things people collect, that doesn't mean your "heavy" Hulk is worth jack ****. I have one of these Hulks too, and it's not worth what I paid, but unlike you, I know and accept this fact. You're probably one of those people who sees statues as investments, and if you are, that's pretty funny.

Reading your post, above this one, it's clear you don't accept or like differing opinions. Here's a pro-tip, don't read them and move on, as they have just as much relevancy as your own.

Well, to be fair, all statues are overpriced considering they're just painted plastic/porcelain. I know it's just the supply and demand which comes from how well it's sculpted/who sculpted/which company etc.....I just really hope that these upcoming SS statues get the Lobo treatment with the prices they're asking. Makes me really hesitate to order the new Red Sonja for example with how the last one turned out. You have an awesome sculpt that should've been a great collectible if it looked like the proto, to selling for a hundred bucks less than retail...

Lol at someone thinks someone else has no idea about collectibles outside of their own little bubble then says, "I have my green Hulk, he's heavy and there's nothing cheap about him". Irony FTL.

I could list a lot of things people collect, that doesn't mean your "heavy" Hulk is worth jack ****. I have one of these Hulks too, and it's not worth what I paid, but unlike you, I know and accept this fact. You're probably one of those people who sees statues as investments, and if you are, that's pretty funny.

Reading your post, above this one, it's clear you don't accept or like differing opinions. Here's a pro-tip, don't read them and move on, as they have just as much relevancy as your own.

I think what Josh was saying is that we ***** abut a large statue being light and say it's not worth the money we pay and yet there are collectibles out there that are much smaller, hollow, and weight nothing and are worth more then our statues. But we act like ssc is somehow ripping us off..... I think he made some legit points in perhaps not the nicest way :)

The grey ex looks incredible. Anyone have a picture of all three together? That would make a great shelf.

Lol at pro-tip

Oh and I wrote an entire blog against collecting for investment as I see it as pointless.

Whats even more pointless? Collecting something you don't like and then complaining about it.

Well, to be fair, all statues are overpriced considering they're just painted plastic. I know it's just the supply and demand which comes from how well it's sculpted/who sculpted/which company etc.....I just really hope that these upcoming SS statues get the Lobo treatment with the prices they're asking. Makes me really hesitate to order the new Red Sonja for example with how the last one turned out. You have an awesome sculpt that should've been a great collectible if it looked like the proto, to selling for a hundred bucks less than retail...

As costumers that is how we should be. not happy with company then don't buy. They will get the message sooner or later and be forced to do something about it.

Well, to be fair, all statues are overpriced considering they're just painted plastic/porcelain. I know it's just the supply and demand which comes from how well it's sculpted/who sculpted/which company etc.....I just really hope that these upcoming SS statues get the Lobo treatment with the prices they're asking. Makes me really hesitate to order the new Red Sonja for example with how the last one turned out. You have an awesome sculpt that should've been a great collectible if it looked like the proto, to selling for a hundred bucks less than retail...
I think there's also a difference between being overpriced and collectors being priced out. Of course we look at it as being overpriced because we don't want to fork over the money.

Just think though, it could be a lot worse. There are collectible makers who charge more just based on their name.

The statement saying "It's not worth what I paid for it" is an opinion. Not a fact.

And weight has very little effect on a statue's value, IN MY OPINION. That being stated, I love my Hulk PF. It looks amazing. It is the first thing people ask about when they enter the room. And it is the last one I'd sell.

Who is anyone to tell anyone different. You are more than welcome to voice your dissatisfaction. But stating it as fact, that's a misstep.

I think there's also a difference between being overpriced and collectors being priced out. Of course we look at it as being overpriced because we don't want to fork over the money.

Just think though, it could be a lot worse. There are collectible makers who charge more just based on their name.

I agree it could be a lot worse. But I don't feel a company is just in raising prices just because others have gotten away with it.

I think the resale of all products from companies like SC, XM and GG is very apparent. What I wish would happen is they make the exclusives very rare, and they charge more for them. IE: 250 ES and $200 ish more then the regular. This would suck if you really liked the exclusive, but I think this would allow them to get their money's worth out of the flippers, while keeping regular prices lower so people who love the characters and statues can still afford them.

The best companies keep customers returning.

I think most people would think it's bat* crazy to pay this kind of money for statues lol. I think it's insane how much/fast SS is increasing the prices of their statues. There has to be a breaking point, and I think SS is trying to get a piece of that aftermarket pie. If Phoenix and Red Sonja turn out close to the prototype then I think the value will be there for me, otherwise I think it'll be a situation where a lot of their pieces will be drastically cheaper than retail after release like the previously released Red Sonja. It really seems like there's a turning point coming up.

And just to state it, I'm not just bashing SS. To me they have the best sculpts overall but lack QC, and I'm not a fan of the open/really high ES sometimes and variants. XM has great QC but some of their statues miss the mark for me(Hulk, Elektra) and the price to get one here is tough to chew. PCS is great overall but their scale is all over the place lol. Prime 1 are looking really impressive so far, if I have one concern it's that they'll get variant happy.

I think most people would think it's bat* crazy to pay this kind of money for statues lol. I think it's insane how much/fast SS is increasing the prices of their statues. There has to be a breaking point, and I think SS is trying to get a piece of that aftermarket pie. If Phoenix and Red Sonja turn out close to the prototype then I think the value will be there for me, otherwise I think it'll be a situation where a lot of their pieces will be drastically cheaper than retail after release like the previously released Red Sonja. It really seems like there's a turning point coming up.

And just to state it, I'm not just bashing SS. To me they have the best sculpts overall but lack QC, and I'm not a fan of the open/really high ES sometimes and variants. XM has great QC but some of their statues miss the mark for me(Hulk, Elektra) and the price to get one here is tough to chew. PCS is great overall but their scale is all over the place lol. Prime 1 are looking really impressive so far, if I have one concern it's that they'll get variant happy.
Well of course they would, but I also find what people spend on designer shoes, hand bags etc. to be insane but one is more socially accepted than the other.

I dont think you were bashing them but to point out, each company you mentioned (except prime1 so far) have also been slowly raising their prices over the last year.

If it were just SSC, that would be one thing, but it isn't. So we have to take into account that production on our lovely little habit may just be going up

Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

This is the same argument made back when CQ's were priced in the $250 range. Yet SS has raised prices and edition sizes and they are still selling out of product albeit not as fast as before when items sold out on preorder night. So as long as items are selling out SS's view will be that things are working.

Nothing will change until the masses start speaking with their wallets. Hopefully the AoU Hulk will start the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So having seen all of these I think they are all amazing. The green and grey have the best paint IMHO, but I think the Red has the best head sculpts

Lol at pro-tip

Oh and I wrote an entire blog against collecting for investment as I see it as pointless.

Whats even more pointless? Collecting something you don't like and then complaining about it.

You're right, when I receive a substandard/broken products I should just accept it, instead of letting people know what issues they might have. I never said I didn't like them. I said they weren't worth the money we pay for them. I also said I accepted I overpay for pretty much every statue. I've bought over 40 PF's in two years and most have been fine. When Sideshow ****s up, I'm going to call them out. It's not negativity, as you put it, it's reality.

You're right, when I receive a substandard/broken products I should just accept it, instead of letting people know what issues they might have. I never said I didn't like them. I said they weren't worth the money we pay for them. I also said I accepted I overpay for pretty much every statue. I've bought over 40 PF's in two years and most have been fine. When Sideshow ****s up, I'm going to call them out. It's not negativity, as you put it, it's reality.
You say substandard I see it, as do many who own it, differently. What you said was it was "Cheap, light and rubbery"...and "not far behind" the ripoff you found Godzilla to be. I have my Hulk I find him heavy, especially the base, normal polystone consistency and worth the $550 considering the size (larger than the movie maquette and cheaper), sculpt (a nicely based on the comics) and over-all presence of the piece.

The actual issues with piece have been covered (varing degree on the neck seam and the teeth on the reg head). Some find nit to be a deal breaker depending upon how bad the issues are.

Now, I have no idea why you find the piece to be light (my box came in with sticker that said 31 pounds), cheap (this thing is actually better quality wise than the maquette in my opinion and much better than the $600 Apocalypse) or rubbery (I honestly can't even come up with side comment for this) but if thats the case why are you keeping it? If you find it substandard wouldn't you return it? If I bought a product that does not meet my expectations I would. So if you really just sharing to help then I apologize but yes to me it seemed more like just stirring the pot

Seen HD pics of the Gray on Facebook, it's awesome. Imho the best of the three, there was a side by side comparison with the original Gray PF and the new one wins hands down. It has some great details on the nails and the gray skin has some shades of pale red here and there. Only weak spot seems to be the mouth but gotta see detailed pics of it yet. Even the exclusive jacket, that looked very minor to me, does its job and adds some nice color to it.

Back