Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not how it's supposed to look... That's for sure. However I don't think it looks too bad because his leg is bent it look like his pants ripped that way.... Do you have a normal viewing shot? Just curious how it looks.... Not that my opinion matters if you are unhappy. SSC without question should replace this as it is obviously not supposed to be that way. I just think it looks natural. I would not cut it off like some have said.

It's such a weird flaw because it's not a chip or anything...it's a rip on ripped pants, but it's obviously wrong. For me it's not just how it looks, but the fact I know it's not supposed to be that way.

I posted this on the other forum and I'll repost it here:

My main issues with "fixing" this:

1. I don't buy with plans to sell, but selling what we have becomes a reality for many of us for multiple reasons. If you're reading this ask yourself, imagine years from now if you never bought this amazing statue and I was selling it at whatever the current market rate is, would you buy this one or buy one with no flaws? Would you pay the market or "average" rate this demands at the time? If I was selling it at the market value would you want a discount? If this were put up on eBay would it get the amount others of its kind get? Those are the things I have to consider with this piece now.

2. I paid nearly $600 to have to fix something once it arrived? And to fix a problem that nobody else is having or at the least isn't normal? Sorry to complain but that's not normal or acceptable. For what other products are people this forgiving? Anybody who knows my history with ss knows I've looked past enough already.

I know there's those who never get any issues with their products but then there's us who just do. And those of us who do have lengthy lists of consistent problems. It's incredible.

What I know is for me I always try to keep perspective: my issues are my experience. That's all I can go by. For me, ss consistently fails ME. For others they're awesome. All I can go by is what they send to me and that's fact. I'm not gona continue to be ok with broken, torn, chipped, rusted, paint globbed, goofy eyed products and that's my normal experience. Everything isn't bad, that's why I order with them, but the past year and half has been quite bad.

Now, because I'd like to end on a positive note, I'm looking forward to my XM, PCS, Koto and custom orders...

Going to leave these here ZBrush ScreenGrab04.jpg]ZBrush ScreenGrab01.jpgZBrush ScreenGrab05.jpg

SS is ****in up. Thats just it right now. Why is there no "extra" pants they can send? That is just dumb to me
However I do have better news in my situation. The response I got to my long email was a copy paste of a previous response so I then replied with a "I would like another rep to handle this" I got a different rep and they offered a 40 credit and replacement head as well as an apology. I replied with a few things but ultimately I took it. I will get 40 back and the replacement head. Once I finish a few other things I will repair Hulk myself. I am not as happy as I feel I should be but I think I would be even less happy not having this hulk. I kind of feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is what it is, Now to get that arc reactor for his hand

That sculpt looks awesome, hope to see the interest list in the near future to po. Thankfully my hulk ex wait list converted last week and the custom head would be the iceing on the cake.

I was thinking of getting a 1/4 scale button up doll shirt and tearing it all up, but the sheer massive size of this guy... lol maybe 1/3 scale?

Just got the email that my wait list on the exclusive just converted. Yes!
I wait listed it on Aug 1st.
Very surprised it went through.

Sent from my Hall of Armour using Tapatalk

Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Shauwn, those pics of your custom Hulk portrait are certainly coming along nicely! Well Done buddy :clap

As for my Hulk story, well as you may have seen a few pages back, mine arrived with a damaged arm which was completely broken off upon arrival :( what was even sadder to see was just how hollow the cast was...considering how heavy and solid the OG Hulks are :(

a428b7dbc40cdc7d3211ed273daf8068.jpg

Anyhow, the good news is that my replacement arrived yesterday and this time, everything arrived safe and sound :) Still in two minds as to whether i'll keep him as i'm still not sold on the incredibly noticeable neck seam and the difference in texture and colour between body and portraits...from the front its not so noticeable but from the side...BANG! It just looks awful in my opinion...(Solution? Dont display from the side!) :lol :lol

Here's a few quick pics :)

376ca7d3bb40cd5b976779591077b0fe.jpg

c9fa619bc861f2ccf08295bf815c9294.jpg

4f882f595b80a22822430207c7cb73b6.jpg

Congrats! I know what you mean with the noticable seam and all that. Such a shame. I won't let it ruin my enjoyment of the statue, but it's such a huge design blunder, in my eyes.

Congrats! I know what you mean with the noticable seam and all that. Such a shame. I won't let it ruin my enjoyment of the statue, but it's such a huge design blunder, in my eyes.

Thanks Chris :) Congrats on yours also and a great review too buddy :clap Yea, like you say...the seam is a total design flaw and would've loved to have one full piece with the head permenantly attached (EH Portrait of course) and have got away with the Regular head...just seems like adding an extra head was Sideshows way of cashing in maybe?

Thanks Chris :) Congrats on yours also and a great review too buddy :clap Yea, like you say...the seam is a total design flaw and would've loved to have one full piece with the head permenantly attached (EH Portrait of course) and have got away with the Regular head...just seems like adding an extra head was Sideshows way of cashing in maybe?

Thanks!

I totally agree. Would have been way better had it been a single-portrait thing with no swapability.

It's most definitely because they wanted to make it easier to mass-produce for different variants. Even still, it should have been possible to achieve a less prominent gap/seam.

Yeah that's it :rolleyes2

Back