Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sculpt looks awesome, hope to see the interest list in the near future to po. Thankfully my hulk ex wait list converted last week and the custom head would be the iceing on the cake.

It should be printed and ready in the next couple of weeks

Is this inspired by the Mark Ruffalo Hulk? I'm seeing that in this.

No real one influence. I tried to make him in the style I loved the best so there are a lot of 90s artIsts in there. Mainly Keown though.

Shauwn, those pics of your custom Hulk portrait are certainly coming along nicely! Well Done buddy :clap

l

Thanks m8 ... Been working on the Hul off and on for a long time now... Glad to hear you think I a coming along

Thanks Chris :) Congrats on yours also and a great review too buddy :clap Yea, like you say...the seam is a total design flaw and would've loved to have one full piece with the head permenantly attached (EH Portrait of course) and have got away with the Regular head...just seems like adding an extra head was Sideshows way of cashing in maybe?

I doubt they did an extra head to cash in m8... I am betting they did it to set this apart from th OG Hulk

Right! Anywho, would actually be cool to see a Ruffalo-inspired portrait for this. :)

It is all a matter of perspective though. I won't say that the Avengers Hulk may have sunk into my head and influenced what I was working on. A Ruffalo head could be awesome.... I could try one IF there was some interest.

Congrats! I know what you mean with the noticable seam and all that. Such a shame. I won't let it ruin my enjoyment of the statue, but it's such a huge design blunder, in my eyes.

I hope the next Hulk PF just comes with one kick ass attached head. I do not like seams that are as noticeable as the one on this PF. I had the Surfer COM and it looked great but all the seams on that piece drove me nuts. I ended up selling the piece because of it.

Yea, thats the problem...its set way way way apart from the Hulk OG that its totally inferior to it ;)
200_s.gif

I hope the next Hulk PF just comes with one kick ass attached head. I do not like seams that are as noticeable as the one on this PF. I had the Surfer COM and it looked great but all the seams on that piece drove me nuts. I ended up selling the piece because of it.

Well some day you will see something you like.

Yea, thats the problem...its set way way way apart from the Hulk OG that its totally inferior to it ;)

I gotta say I disagree, but I see where you are coming from. For me the seam is actually an opportunity to transform this into any generation of Hulk I want to, and I think that head seam doesn't make this totally inferior... Just my opinion though

Well some day you will see something you like.

I gotta say I disagree, but I see where you are coming from. For me the seam is actually an opportunity to transform this into any generation of Hulk I want to, and I think that head seam doesn't make this totally inferior... Just my opinion though

Nothing wrong with disagreeing mate :) if all we did was agree on the same things then the world would be a boring place. After all, this hobby is all about opinions :) the EX portrait is what saves this piece I think. Really not a fan of the Regular portrait at all...overall I must say the sculpt of the body is actually awesome. I definately rate this higher than the XM Hulk but still doesn't beat the OG brothers :lol ;)

e1c2a0e29f80517ceedf23daf4ad70ae.jpg

Nice work Spidey. How's the classic coming along?

Also, I asked this question a while ago and never got a response: Can someone please measure the length of the base from back to front?

Classic is still coming along. I took a bit of a break from it to ficus on Batgirl a bit more. Once I am done here and the modern I am going t dove into the hair for the classic. hair is the worst to sculpt...or should I say detail ...lol

I look forward to seeing the classic Hulk sculpt Spidey. Your modern looks great and I might even try to get one, but Keown is my second least favorite Hulk artist. McFarlane wins the title of worst (in my book).

I look forward to seeing the classic Hulk sculpt Spidey. Your modern looks great and I might even try to get one, but Keown is my second least favorite Hulk artist. McFarlane wins the title of worst (in my book).

Interesting Shanester... I have heard people say that Keown wasn't their fav, but NEVER heard them say he was almost the worst. Who is your favourite then ... I gotta know...lol

I look forward to all of your printed final heads Spidey. I'm definitely going to try to pick a few up.

I am hoping to do 2-4 heads up for this depending on the interest. You have seen two... looking for suggestions on others... lol. JAWS wants me to do a Mike D J.R. head....lol.

My favorite is Sal Buscema, but I am very old school. Severin is a close second. Perez is also an awesome Hulk artist. For more modern stuff, I like the newer guys like Carlo Pagulayan, Ed McGuinness, Humberto Ramos. There are others and Keown is not a bad artist, but I have never been a fan of his Hulk artwork. No offense to anyone's preferences.

By the way, your "Keown" sculpt has my eye because I see a lot of McGuinness in it also.

Back