Statue Pablo V. & Andy B. New Sideshow Hulk PF with Variants!!! 1/4 scale !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the teeth white acrylic paint or possibly something different? Like eggshell or pale. Maybe even finished with a special spray? (I know nothing about painting)

It's possible that they used an egg shell but that's just white mixed with a small amount of brown and maybe a dab of yellow. I'll have to wait until I get min to tell but what it looks like happened is they sprayed the white/eggshell whatever, and then went back in to use black to separate the teeth and didn't bother to clean it up with a brush afterwards. If you use createx airbrush acrylics, which is a pretty standard paint you can easily fix any small errors. If it is eggshell then you can try color matching, like i said I'll have to see it up close to be sure.

It's possible that they used an egg shell but that's just white mixed with a small amount of brown and maybe a dab of yellow. I'll have to wait until I get min to tell but what it looks like happened is they sprayed the white/eggshell whatever, and then went back in to use black to separate the teeth and didn't bother to clean it up with a brush afterwards. If you use createx airbrush acrylics, which is a pretty standard paint you can easily fix any small errors. If it is eggshell then you can try color matching, like i said I'll have to see it up close to be sure.

Keep me posted brother. Might invest in fixing it, or keep an eye out for the Customs coming. ;)

Avengers.jpg

Here's mine, I'll take more pics later when I get a chance.

---

awesome pics Theo :clap best so far and has got me really excited about the arrival of mine tomorrow :yess: Looks fantastic set up alongside the other grail Avenger PF's...only negatives that stick out for me are the texture differences between portraits and body and also the neck seam. Other than that this piece looks sick! :)

Wouldn't you believe it, just my luck.
In the time its taken for Hulk to get ready to ship I've concieved and had a third child.
One payment to go, and my funds have depleted.
There's no way I can afford shipping, and 20% VAT on top of that next month, and feed a wife and three kids.

I hope my misery brings someone some big waitlist happiness.
Although I've lost a Hulk, I've gained (another) son.
So not too many tears will be shed.

Loving the pictures so far. Congrats on everyone who had, or is about to get, this.
A stunning statue (shame about the head seam).

Why do the heads look like a different shade of green than the body........

Yeah, I can see 3 things off about the piece. Neck seam, different shade of green between the body and head sculpts, and the skin texture on the portraits look much smoother than the body.

For those of you who already got yours, are you not bothered by the theeth of the regular head? I was going to ask for a replacement, but I noticed everyone has the same issue as mine. The teeth has some gaps/holes (not a black paint), I doubt this was done in purpose, I think it's quality issue.

23sjhj4.jpg

Wouldn't you believe it, just my luck.
In the time its taken for Hulk to get ready to ship I've concieved and had a third child.
One payment to go, and my funds have depleted.
There's no way I can afford shipping, and 20% VAT on top of that next month, and feed a wife and three kids.

I hope my misery brings someone some big waitlist happiness.
Although I've lost a Hulk, I've gained (another) son.
So not too many tears will be shed.

Loving the pictures so far. Congrats on everyone who had, or is about to get, this.
A stunning statue (shame about the head seam).

why dont you ask them to hold it for sometime

Back