Media Overwatch by Blizzard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their loot crates are the same idea as their card packs in Hearthstone.

You get them for free after "X" event or reason.
You can pay for them if you wish.
HS they add to your collection to build/fight with and you pay for the cosmetics. HS is F2P.
OW they seem to just be cosmetic and dont help you fight. Although one could say certain skins can act as camo is certain situations.
While you pay for OW, they seem to give you new hero as they come for free. Unlike other games that are F2P, eventually you have to grind or pay to get a new hero.
HS allows you to "disenchant" cards to convert them into "dust". Then you can convert that dust back into any card for multiplied cost. Based on the type you want.
Packs and Crates seem to have equally lame percentages for "good" goodies.

I mainly mention the F2P vs paid aspect due to the video above and others that think/feel the same way.
Plus it is Blizzard. Pay them once for a constantly updated game. Not like they havent proven they wont just drop a game after investing into to easily.
And you give them $$$ to make more for OW, as well as make the next hit game.

Finally got some love today. Ended up getting 2 legendary's (zenyatta and widowmaker) and my latest loot box gave me all 3 skins and 1 victory pose.

Finally got around to plating this, man this game is really awesome. Im loving it. Really does feel like an extension to TF2. I love the variation with all the characters , the strengths and weaknesses.... Just a mad, fun well made game.

Yeah, I'mean pretty hooked on the game. Some of these achievements are so frustrating though haha. I've knocked off some really tough ones but some are just frustrating me to hell. Even one as simple as a double kill with 76's helix rocket.

I wonder how long before most people get bored of it. I only played the beta, and it was fun no doubt, but I don't imagine it will have much replay value after a month or two.

Still deciding if I'll buy it or not.

Hopefully that will change with all the free content and heroes coming out. this game is so much fun! I love playing all these guys. Wish we get more backstory on them in the future.

Simply the most over rated game I have ever played. I think much of the buzz is from people who love Blizzard games, yet never played a FPS before. I put it into a new category of "everyone gets a trophy".

The thing is is that this really isn't the type of game that some moba nerd or RTS fan can just pick up and automatically be awesome at. The game really does require skill unless you're content with being killed every 30 seconds. Yeah, the game isn't a perfect 10 but it's by no means a bad or mediocre game.

Nah you gotta be good. Thanks to my halo playing I know some moves to take out people. Sometimes you can get beat real easily if you don't think

You don't have to be good. The game is mostly people camping, period. It should be called Camperwatch.

14265-overwatch-at-day-1-of-blizzcon.jpg

Still can't get enough of this game :)

Nice! I got super-lucky and actually got it my first time playing Winston. I'm terrible with him, though. The lightning gun seems basically useless against armored enemies, so Winston has no chance of defeating D.Va. Still getting used to playing him as a harasser-type tank as well--the other tanks seem more geared to solid damage absorption and DPS, but Winston can't do either for very long.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but this game is strictly multi player and not single player at all ?

I will say though I loved watching all the short films of the characters over on youtube. Blizzard really went through a lot of trouble for this game and the animation they used was amazing. I loved Winston and the ninja archer's films especially. That tale of the two dragon brothers was sad but great.

Back