Other versions of Luke??

• Thread starter SwoopingCloakofSureness
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish they wouldn't waste one of their "25" on a X-Wing Luke! BLEECK!

Don't get me wrong I love the original trilogy, but I CANNOT wait for some main characters from the Prequel Trilogy to be made in the 1/4 scale... an Obi-Ewan from Episode II or III would rock! Perhaps one that could be paired up with an Anakin later on... in a "Unleashed-like" set up.

But if we do have to stick to the OT... a Jedi Luke is a no-brainer. However, a Bespin Luke would be a more interesting choice. Relatively speaking there hasn't been that many Bespin Luke as compared to the Jedi counterpart.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd rather have a Hoth Luke than a X-Wing Luke! I guess I'll have to wait until Gentle Giant makes a Luke on Tauntaun statue to get my Hoth fix.

Thanks Mini-rock - I always lose that link. Mentions Boba Fett, Darth Maul - seem like no brainers there. Qui-Jon mentioned - that is one character that I could see MAYBE getting Faramired.

But all the others are pretty safe bets - I can see where the interviewer might have taken these names as definitely coming when it's more likely a list of obvious choices.

They better do Qui-gon, definitley shouldn't get Faramired.:thwak . He was a great Jedi, and worthy of a figure.

I couldn't agree more. And, if they also make a Maul, an EPI Obi-Wan would be a must to complete the set. Imagine the display that would make! :rock

Yeah, we need the "BATTLE OF FATES TRIO". although a Episode 3 Obi-Wan would be nice. He really nailed the character by then, But I would love to see him riding on his
pet Lizard, as a statue awesome, that wouldn't be in the 1/4 figure line though.:\

Attachments

• 20160110_113105.jpg
    20160110_113105.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 20150102_143432.jpg
    20150102_143432.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151114_103303.jpg
    20151114_103303.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151220_113745.jpg
    20151220_113745.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151206_192730.jpg
    20151206_192730.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151225_112035.jpg
    20151225_112035.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151220_113726.jpg
    20151220_113726.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20151226_103151.jpg
    20151226_103151.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 16
Now that would be awesome! An EPIII Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader to mirror the showdown in EPIV. :rock

Attachments

• Kylo-Ren-Attack on Jakku-small.jpg
    Kylo-Ren-Attack on Jakku-small.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 57
  • Luke with T-16-small.jpg
    Luke with T-16-small.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 17
  • luke-with-t-16-closeup-small.jpg
    luke-with-t-16-closeup-small.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
I know there is a lot that goes into the decision making process, but I think Qui-Gon would be a huge seller.

Sure the 1/4 scale figures are cost prohibitive for most people and many pick and choose which characters they can't live without, but most of the SW characters have been overdone in a 'collectible' (non-toy) format while Gui-Gon has yet to be represented.

I could be wrong but I think a 1/4 PE Qui-Gon would be a fast sell-out.

Qui-Gon does seem to be forgotten by just about every collectibles company. No Gentle Giant statue or bust, No Attakus statue, No MR saber (one is coming in '06), possibly no Sideshow 1/4. I really do hope that he gets made.

I did my part I placed Qui-Gon on the survey of what character I would like to see made.

Attachments

• Snowplow_Henry_zpscih3ojlq.jpg
    Snowplow_Henry_zpscih3ojlq.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 12
The only prequel 1/4 Star Wars pieces I plan on buying are the "Duel of the Fates" trio:

Maul, young Kenobi, and Qui-Gon.

They better make all of them and hopefully in a pose so they can all be displayed together.

No Ep. III Clone Troops Gru? Those are the prequel characters I want the most.

People complain about how to display Eowyn and ML and L,G on A - imagine trying to find display space for 3 PFs together? One with a dual bladed lightsaber?

I like the way Obi looks in EPIII better than EPI, but I would rather have EPI Obi to go with Maul and Gui-Gon.

An EPIII Obi would go great with dark Anakin. Hmm.. If they don't do an EPIII Obi, but they do dark anakin, then they NEED to do the special ops trooper. Dark anakin plus two special ops troopers behind him would :rock

Attachments

• joker custom root hair hot toys (1).jpg
    joker custom root hair hot toys (1).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 14
I may be in the minority but I would prefer not to have the Duel of the Fates trio. I could live with a Qui-Gon and Maul companion piece setup, but I would much rather see Obi from epII or even preferably from ep III. And I can't see SS doing more than 2 versions of Obi-Wan, one Alec Guinness version and one Ewan McGregor version.

Attachments

• IMG_3237.jpg
    IMG_3237.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
I want a Clone Trooper - Special Ops - 501st!!!

(Pointing his blaster - ...like at Bail!)

imagine trying to find display space for 3 PFs together?

I think it would be much easier to display the 3 PF's than to display Leg. and Gim. I would place Maul on one side of the shelf facing off against Qui-Gon and have Obi-Wan behind Qui-Gon ready to join the fray. People with a deeper shelf could put all 3 together. It isn't even necessary to having them all dueling.

My problem with Leg. and Gim. is that both characters are attached together and facing different directions. You can't move them around the way you could with the 1/4's.

Oh, and for the record I would rather have an Ep. III Obi-Wan to go with an Ep. III Hooded Vader with yellow eyes.

Actually, how incredible would it be to have a 1/4 display of many of the great SW duels?

My preferences:

Ep. I Maul v. Qui-Gon (only 1 prequel Obi-Wan please)
Ep. II Yoda v. Dooku (I actually only want an Ep. V Yoda, but I'd like to see Dooku with his saber)
Ep. III Mace v. Sidious
Ep. III Obi-Wan v. Hooded Vader (best prequel Obi)
Ep. IV Vader v. Obi-Wan (coming)
Ep. VI Emperor v. Jedi Luke

There are many other great duels, but these would be the best, IMO.

I know I'll get clobbered for saying this...But if I could pick only pne prequel Obi to have...I wouldn't even need a Lightsaber in his hand....

I would actually want the shot of him standing posed with his hands on his hips watching from the hatchway in Padme's ship just before the ....confrontation, in EP.III !!!

Back