OT Animated Series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather watch an OT cartoon based on their adventures between ANH and ESB.

Same here, I'd love to see Xizor from Shadows of the Empire fleshed out and expanded upon, I think he'd make a far more interesting villain than anything new we've been given so far in Clone Wars. I really liked that story, and certainly enough adventures surely took place between New Hope and Empire worth telling.

I would watch it out of curiosity. Clone Wars has been much better this season, I must admit. Ashoka, (whatever her name is) doesn't seem to have as many one-liners, that's a good thing.

i want animated shadows of the empire

You read my mind, I will second a series/movie based off of Shadows. I think Clone Wars has showed that there is potential for further animated Star Wars.
How about all those great books based around the OT between the films? I think there are some great stories from the OT that have yet to be filmed.

I'd definitely watch an animated series that takes place after ROTJ. It seems like a pretty logical direction to go in and they could base the stories off all the material that's been written in the novels and comics. I think it could be great if done right, even if they get different people to voice the established characters.

I'd be interested in something like this... honestly they could fill in bits of story that occurred between the OT films; much like the original comic series did.

And they could probably get away with not using the original actors... its worked well enough on the CW series.

To test this out, I say they take the audio track, animate the story using said track, and release them. Do the same with the prequels too. If it works, move onto post Jedi stuff. Not gonna lie.. this is really because I dig the animation style on the OT characters :lol

I'd be interested in something like this... honestly they could fill in bits of story that occurred between the OT films; much like the original comic series did.

And they could probably get away with not using the original actors... its worked well enough on the CW series.

Except Jar Jar sounds more annoying, Nute Gunray sounds pretty bad (not at all like he sounded like in the movies I mean), and Obi Wan is the only one on the whole show who could pass for his movie-counterpart (except for C-3PO and General Grievous, who are original actors). Yoda sounds wrong too. Like Yoda's twin that has been smoking for a few years...

Oh yeah and people don't seem to notice the difference between a kickass New Zealander and a crappy voice actor trying to sound British. Am I the only one who noticed the differenc in how the clones' voices sound?

Wish they could have used Temuera... that'd be awesome...

I would love to see this happening... only if its done by Genndy Tartakovsky and company.:emperor

I'd rather watch an animated OT series than the Clone Bores.

The idea is good, but Lucas does a lot of stupid things lately... So I'm not sure if I, like other OT fans, will like another intrusion in the story we love so much.

Back