orthanc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikram

Freaked Out
Reaction score
anyone know what orthanc is going for these days?
Great site!!!,I am fan of LOTR STAR WARS .might be time to let a few things i have collected go.

It seems to me it's going for around $1000-1300 these days. I remember ordering this piece for $95. I worked hard for that money (I was young) and finally got enough money on my birthday. It was certainly a sight to see! The detail was so awesome! Sadly, I sold it for $330 thinking the price wouldn't increase more than that (I was in need of money), boy was I ever wrong, haha.:lol

I've never seen this in person, but I never did understand why this piece commanded so much. Give me a statue over an environment anyday. Same with Minas Morgul

I've never seen this in person, but I never did understand why this piece commanded so much. Give me a statue over an environment anyday. Same with Minas Morgul

But aren't you searching for the Stone Trolls ? :confused:

If you want environments, I would suggest getting the Danbury Mint ones; they are fantastic, just wish they made more. :monkey2:monkey2

There's something about environments that help whisk you away to the land of LOTR. Orthanc is so iconic. Anyone who sees it knows it's from LOTR. When you see the details of each environment, you wonder how these people in film can cram so much into so small a piece. SS/W underestimated the demand of this Orthanc. The fact that only few were made, even for $95 then, and the fact that you could only get it online . .. made it such a no-brainer bargain. It was the reason why getting Minas Morgul as a companion piece to Minas Tirith was also crucial. How else would you get an environment that housed the Nazgul!

There's something about environments that help whisk you away to the land of LOTR. Orthanc is so iconic. Anyone who sees it knows it's from LOTR. When you see the details of each environment, you wonder how these people in film can cram so much into so small a piece. SS/W underestimated the demand of this Orthanc. The fact that only few were made, even for $95 then, and the fact that you could only get it online . .. made it such a no-brainer bargain. It was the reason why getting Minas Morgul as a companion piece to Minas Tirith was also crucial. How else would you get an environment that housed the Nazgul!

Soooooo true! When I did have the Orthanc, the detail was jaw-dropping. I still don't know how the sculptors have the patience to sit down and work on it. I still have my golden hall, and the detail is purely amazing. While it is nice to have a statue, an environment is just so much more detailed and shows the true craftsmanship of the sculptors.

Next week I may be putting up for auction ORTHANC Issue #8 of 750, which was sold to me by Cliff 'Quickbeam' Broadway of TheOneRing.net and RINGERS: LORD of the FANS fame.

Broadway was given this "environment" by Sideshow's President and CEO, Greg Anzalone, in appreciation for all of Cliff's work and support of the company at COMIC CON and during the three years of Oscar parties as official MC/Host.

Regards,
chauvelin2000

Last edited:
Next week I may be putting up for auction ORTHANC Issue #8 of 750, which was sold to me by Cliff 'Quickbeam' Broadway of TheOneRing.net and RINGERS: LORD of the FANS fame.

Broadway was given this "environment" by Sideshow's President and CEO, Greg Anzalone, in appreciation for all of Cliff's work and support of the company at COMIC CON and during the three years of Oscar parties as official MC/Host.

Regards,
chauvelin2000

Well that was nice of Broadway to sell such an awesome gift.....

Back