Orphan Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the season 3 episode one premiere last night. It was a very dense show. There was a lot of information jammed in there and I think the show would have been better served if they didn't throw that much at us in one sitting. That being said, I'm so glad this show is back. The highlight for me was the scene between Sarah pretending to be Rachel talking to Alison pretending to be Sarah. Just a brilliant scene and stellar acting by Tatiana Maslany.

Yeah, I had to go back and watch it a second time to get comfy with how to read the new plot lines and to grasp the Helsinki plot. Makes me a little nervous, actually, when any show I'm invested in stretches its legs like this. A big reason I think Breaking Bad was so perfect was how the whole story was mapped and finite. From specials and interviews, it seems this production team does a lot of off-the-cuff stuff. So far so good, but so many promising shows were ruined in years 3 and 4. I hope Ari Millen kills the Castor clones, at least as half as well as Maslany has done with the Ledas, since it seems he's going to be doing quite a lot of the heavy lifting this season to give her a bit of a break (?).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I started rewatching the 1st season this weekend and am falling in love with the clones all over again. I wish this show was on Netflix so I didn't have to wait week to week for episodes. I'll at least have a couple on the DVR by the time I finish both seasons but I've gotten spoiled by House of Cards, Daredevil, etc.

Yeah, finally watched the first episode of the new season as well, and found it difficult to follow. Mind you, I was at work on a night shift, and was really quite tired, so... One thing I really found off-putting was the soundtrack, though. Maybe it was just me (or because I was using headphones?) but I found it jarring and a little annoying at times...

I'm watching it but have to catch up on the last 3 episodes. I think I read somewhere that there may only be 1 season left. Hope it's not true.

Yeah there was an article last year where the writers/producers said they were heading for a five season story. That will be sad if true.

5 years would be more than enough. Still feel like the show misses its full potential. Its so caught up with tatiana maslany's 47 characters that is seems to forget about other great characters, like Felix. Kinda have a love/hate relationship w this show.

I love this show, it's one of my all time favorites.

This season has been really intense so far. I don't want it to end!

Took a weird random turn but now we figured out why things the way they are cause of those Beth flashbacks, which were really good.

I've really liked the Beth flashbacks. It's great that they are filling in blanks that way but still progressing the main story well.

I agree, five is a good number of seasons for a show like this. I used Dexter too when I was talking about this with the buddy I watch OB with. It's the ultimate example of a show that went (way) too long.

Pretty relieved, actually, that they'll get one more season to go out with a bang (hopefully). The ratings tanking with the timeslot switch, plus I think the writing's been up and down this year. It was pretty obvious they were writing around Delphine to the point it got awkward early in the season, and had to get rid of Helena for a while because there were just way too many plot lines in the air at once. OTOH, too, too much Hendrix filler. Knowing they will be wrapping up, should mean a tighter season next year I'm hoping.

Donnie and Alison are great. You can never have too much of those two.

Yeah' my favorite couple.Donnie did some time in the joint'so now he's Bad.Love how Helena shows up at the end of last weeks episode and immediately does some serious ass kicking ala:Green Arrow.

All good things must come to an end. I'm glad cause I hate it when shows drag on; you know, like Dexter.

Yeah, same. 5 years is a damn good run - any more, and I'd really feel like we would be in a 'jumped the shark' situation. The main actress must be exhausted after each season!

Donnie and Felix couple this season was a major highlight for me. Donnie (and actor) couples well with every one on the show! Love that guy!

just finished Tonights episode.Didn't even realize it was the last show of the season.Man those 10 episodes went by lickety split.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Next season being the final season should be cool.Who do you think the Man behind the curtain is going to be.Could be a Woman?But they did say Man in the episode.Anyway until next year,Clone On.

Series finale tomorrow! Anyone still watching? I pushed through to finish my Orphan Black figure project in honor of the end of the run. Up and down and lots of loose ends still, but, not too bad for a show that seemed to shoot from the hip much of the time.

Back