Original TCM Leatherface for $19.99 on Amazon!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given ebay markets your crap to a world audience and still just charges that much (PayPal fees included), it's a decent compromise.

True, it sucks when you see 12% of your item go to eBay and Paypal (at least that was the average on my recent sales). But there is no way I would get similar prices for my items, so its a necessary evil.

I just hate how eBay seems to have gone out of their way to screw over sellers. Taking a percentage of shipping and removing the ability to leave negative feedback for flaky buyers really sucks.

:lecture I dont know where he got that your so "protected" on Amazon. As for the burned DVD/CD, I havent heard that, do you know someone that got ripped off? Thats effed up

Bought Godzilla Returns for $20 and dude swore it wasn't a burn. It's a fancy DVR. Could've gotten the same thing in Chinatown 3 for $5 and it won't even play right in the PS3. Amazon basically told me to do a chargeback. Don't understand how that means I'm "protected."

Ordered some oldschool Sideshow stuff from a seller there too, supposedly MIB, but the boxes had been opened and pieces were missing. Seller never responded and Amazon said they weren't responsible and to take it up with the buyer. Needless to say, buyer never responded, but I was able to pick up the missing pieces from TA, MD, etc., so it wasn't a total loss.

Also bought some "rare" LPS (Littlest Petshop) for my daughter for X-mas, which turned out not to be LPS but some cheap chinese knockoffs. Same deal. Thankfully my daughter liked them.

I just hate how eBay seems to have gone out of their way to screw over sellers. Taking a percentage of shipping and removing the ability to leave negative feedback for flaky buyers really sucks.

:lecture:lecture:lecture For a while I was getting more flakes than buyers.

Having said that, though, Amazon has a feedback system for sellers that can help reduce risk. I've bought from 3rd party Amazon sellers many times and haven't had a negative experience yet, but I only buy from folks with lots of feedback, and 97%+ positive.

I'm going through this now. :(

Just go through the process and make sure to file those NBA's. I've had quite a few times where the same idiots flaked on 3+ auctions. File those reports and they're no longer users. Just sucks that my time was wasted because of some asshat who doesn't have his ____ together.

Just go through the process and make sure to file those NBA's. I've had quite a few times where the same idiots flaked on 3+ auctions. File those reports and they're no longer users. Just sucks that my time was wasted because of some asshat who doesn't have his ____ together.

Ive never understood this. Ive never bid or attempted to buy anything I didnt have the money for in the first place. I also think its stupid you can only give a positive feedback on buyers on ebay. Its not fair for someone who actually pays directly after an auction(like myself) unlike someone you have to hunt down for your money.

Ive never understood this. Ive never bid or attempted to buy anything I didnt have the money for in the first place. I also think its stupid you can only give a positive feedback on buyers on ebay. Its not fair for someone who actually pays directly after an auction(like myself) unlike someone you have to hunt down for your money.

I usually get BS, like, "Can I make $50 monthly payments for [the $600 Hot Toys] figure?" to which I reply, "Last time I checked, I wasn't K-Mart and there isn't a layaway option in my item description." Or the more popular, "Sorry my kid logged into my account." to which I reply, "HOLY COW, that's amazing!!!! Your kid's buying the same high-end ____ you've been buying for the past three months!" :monkey1

Best thing is when EbaY and Paypal encourage you to work with these ____ers. I should forgive some ****** who clicked "buy now" 3 times for my item (buy now, commit to purchase and confirm purchase)? Or offer a 12-month payment plan to get rid of a figure? Hey ebay/paypal, how about you accept a 12-month payment program for deadbeat sellers and user fees? Ah, the hypocrisy. :lol

I usually get BS, like, "Can I make $50 monthly payments for [the $600 Hot Toys] figure?" to which I reply, "Last time I checked, I wasn't K-Mart and there isn't a layaway option in my item description." Or the more popular, "Sorry my kid logged into my account." to which I reply, "HOLY COW, that's amazing!!!! Your kid's buying the same high-end ____ you've been buying for the past three months!" :monkey1

Best thing is when EbaY and Paypal encourage you to work with these ____ers. I should forgive some ****** who clicked "buy now" 3 times for my item (buy now, commit to purchase and confirm purchase)? Or offer a 12-month payment plan to get rid of a figure? Hey ebay/paypal, how about you accept a 12-month payment program for deadbeat sellers and user fees? Ah, the hypocrisy. :lol

You've been asked this?! Thats hillarious.:lol

so I guess you dont do lay away :(

Never had anything as bad as someone asking for monthly payments... but I do have 2 right now who are not paying for their items and its been 8 days.

Worst deal I ever had was for a custom figure; seller asked to pay with a check which was fine with me. Check arrives, I let it sit for a few days and then once it clears my account I send off the figure. Well turns out after 3 days it only posted to my account and 2 days after that it bounced :lol

Took me nearly a month of harassing the buyer and hollow promises to pay before they finally sent a MO and paid for the item(plus the $25 my bank charged me for the bounce). It was a major pain the ass, but at least I wasn't out any $$$.

I've never had the lay-away issue on eBay (here, yes, but not on eBay), though I have had someone claim their son bought it without their knowing. I actually believed it, too. I guess I'm just not cynical enough!

I should say that I've sold hundreds of things on eBay, and I've had very few bad experiences as a seller. One where a guy was being an OCD ass, but other than that, I've found the buyers (who actually pay anyway) to be fair and cool overall. Maybe I've been lucky.

Yeah, generally most people on eBay are cool. And usually its the more experienced buyers who win anyway, but occassionally a jerk comes through.

Just sucks that you don't even have the power to leaven negative feedback anymore. I will never understand or support that decision.

I understand the decision--to appease whiny buyers who can't see things from the seller's perspective, and think all the sellers are engaged in a conspiracy to hold feedback over their head as a form of blackmail. But I don't think it is a fair decision.

Right, I get the pseudo rationale... but its not hard to contest feedback and even get it changed.

But only allowing a positive seems to encourage flaky bidders and even the threat of a buyer holding feedback over a seller in order to get money back, etc.

Right, I get the pseudo rationale... but its not hard to contest feedback and even get it changed.

But only allowing a positive seems to encourage flaky bidders and even the threat of a buyer holding feedback over a seller in order to get money back, etc.

:exactly: And with deadbeat bidders pretty much getting a free pass if sellers don't report them, the behavior's encouraged. :monkey1

came across this thread when searching for something else, those who grabbed it for $20 made out, look at it now

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Leatherface-12-inch-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre/dp/B0006HIZCW/?tag=vglnk-c698-20[/ame]

Back