Original smiling Bruce Lee head sculpt - Arnie Kim's best work !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GungFu

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am just making a quick visit to the forum. Hope all is well :)

I wanted to share something really cool that happened to a good buddy of mine in New York, USA. He got the most awesome surprise gift ever: The original prototype of the smiling face head sculpt that Arnie Kim made a few years ago ! He is a good friend of Arnie, and his birthday is coming up so Arnie wanted to surprise him.

1964264_10152228619689564_492942773_n_zps00815953.  jpg
1898995_10152228619699564_463118479_n_zps7318a181.  jpg

This head sculpt is in my opinion the VERY BEST ever made. There is really nothing that could or should be done to improve it in any way. Arnie absolutely nailed it 100% ! I think allot of collectors - including myself - would have loved to have gotten this, and I am sure that Arnie have probably gotten a few offers. But Arnie is a true artist and a gentleman - and will never sell out. He is just an awesome, down-to-earth guy !

Happy 2014 Gung Fu :wave

Thanks for sharing this pic of arguably Arnie's finest Lee portrait.

Great sculpt ....but I'm more excited about this rare Gung Fu sighting :D

...also, I guess this means we'll never see Blitzway use the prototype ...disappointing, was hoping to see a 1/3 Way of the Dragon statue with this.

''rare gung fu sighting'':lol.I think blitzway's next BL 1/3 may be an ETD it would make sense as arnies later sculpts were ETD based
and it's bruces most famous movie..but who knows.

I've witnessed Haley's Comet more often than GungFu posting :monkey3

Can you imagine if Enterbay released sculpts like this all the time? Sigh.

How cool is that present. I'd put all my BL collectibles I own in the bin for that sculpt :lol

Hey Peer. Good to see you posting again, even if it is a temporary thing.

I would also throw away all my Bruce Lee figures just to own this accurate and beautiful piece... However I am glad that it got a worthy home :)

By the way, things seems to be better here now - hopefully no more drama and shait... I think collecting should be about sharing, being supportive and help others.

By the way, things seems to be better here now - hopefully no more drama and shait... I think collecting should be about sharing, being supportive and help others.

I totally agree! :clap

Last edited:
I just have to re-post - from Arnie's blog - this fantastic cast....

Hot-Toys-Arnie-Kim-Bruce-Lee-Smiling-Headsculpt-3.jpg

Hot-Toys-Arnie-Kim-Bruce-Lee-Smiling-Headsculpt-2.jpg

Hot-Toys-Arnie-Kim-Bruce-Lee-Smiling-Headsculpt-1.jpg

...it is SO SPOT ON !!!

Thanks so much @GungFu for sharing in my joy! I am honored that you enjoy it as much as I! Thanks so much friend for your support always!
Cheers!

:duff

Back