Original or modified 1/6 figures? poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you like to display most of your 1/6 figures?

• Leave it like it came out of the box

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Change some parts, but not so it can not be turned back

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Definite changes like weathering, repainting,...

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
Tried to make a poll :)

Could be I missed some options, but feel free to post your thoughts, poll is only for fun.

Change some parts, but not so it can not be turned back. If the figure is ok from the box then no changes.

I may like to change certain things on a figure, but for the most part it's 'as is' straight from the box.

I pretty much keep everything stock, as soon as I get a figure , Im already looking at the next thing coming out. Theres no time to mess them up. And sometimes repaints are not necessary, like with Joker, some of them were really nice but most of them looked over done and he looked better right out of the box.

I like buying accessories and clothes for millitary figures but usally those just go on blank bodies. Certain characters work with everything, like Jack Bauer or Punisher. You can get them a lot of equipment to use

Most figures are stock... a few are customized and some a full custom. But for the most part I just display them as they were made.

I definetely fall under the:

Change some parts, but not so it can not be turned back. The only time I do any kind of customizing to an already perfect item is maybe the odd weapon switch or two.

I leave full customs to be customized thoroughly, I always leave the option for an item to be reversed.

I am not really into the whole customizing thing. I prefer stock.I dont mind making minor alterations such as stuffing the legs or shoulders of a certain figure to give it better pose, but this is definitely reversible

Most of my figures go thru a customization process but it really depends on the figure. HT stuff rarely get's redone but SS's usually get a repaint if not more.

Depends on the figure. Some look fine right out of the box (like Rebel Fleet Trooper or Captain Antilles) but others require a great deal of futzing (Stormtroopers, ROTS Obi-wan) while still others require total repaints (Faramir).

This poll should have had an "all of the above" option.

I used to be one that tried to keep things as mint as possible. Still am to some degree. I think a lot of the fun of the 1/6 hobby is tweaking and customizing though, so I'm not strictly opposed to it. I don't have the skill to do extensive repaints or anything, even though I'm all for it. If I do something myself it's usually something small that can be undone. If I'm getting something done professionally I don't mind going all out. I don't plan to resell my favorite pieces, so them remaining mint is not that big a deal to me anymore. Especially if the improvement makes the figure look drastically better.
________
Hemi small block

Last edited:
I guess it depends on the figure, your skills, and/or how much money/time you want to put into it...
I just started customizing my SS Indy, and now I'm tempted to upgrade all of my SS SW figures...
Some figures look amazing out of the box, like HT Jor-El or SS Obi Wan, but some need repaints and weathering to look less toyish, like SS Aragorn or HT's Marines...

i pretty much am the same way some have already posted. if a figure needs a little tweak here and there i will. i would rather not have to but some figs just need it. the dead line is the funnest to modify/tweak for me.

Definitely depends on the figure and how obsessed I am at making it accurate as possible.

Some figures, like the HT Marines, go thru a major upgrading. Others, like the TDK Joker I leave alone.

For me it's all about accuracy, best I can realize that.

Resale nevers crosses my mind.

I customise my stuff (if I think it needs it). From minor mods to extreme mods. I don't buy stuff with the intent to resell it later so I don't care about "changing it back" to stock form. Ever. :D

Back