Optimus maquette weight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol indeed! I like a piece with a good weight to it :D though wouldnt mind if it was light only when being shipped :monkey3 :lol
Postage for this will be exspensive :horror

Ya this will be a huge deal breaker for me...if this thing comes to me weighing only 8lbs im sending it back for a refund. It must be paper thin or made of plastic to weigh that little. I HOPE this is an error.

Chris

The maquette is mad out of high quality polystone and die cast metal materials. The base alone should have some weight to it. 8lbs. is a concern for me also. Maybe, SSC will give us a better product weight when it comes closer to the release date.

It might be plastic for most pieces. I doubt its mainly polystone.

It has to be a mistake! no way could it be 8lb

Why havent they corrected it by now then?. Usually SS are pretty quick to adjust something once its been talked about long enough on here. Or chicky usually steps in and gives us an update....both of those things havent happend yet and this was released 3 months ago. All this silence from SS has me nervous.

Chris

I think someone had said on another thread it was showing on another site as 18lbs. Which is better, but still on the light side I think. 28lbs or 38lbs sounds more like it.

I have emailed customer service again and asked them to not refer me to the "ask sideshow" section again, as I am waiting 4 weeks now for a response. Lets see what they say.

At Razors Edge Collectibles it states the [Est. Product Weight being 14lbs.]

Now, I am really curious what the real product weight will be. Hope we get an answer soon.

Ok so they emailed me back, not really with an answer, but they were very quick I suppose

"Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products
and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

I am sorry, but the Optimus Prime Maquette is still in production and
the finalized product is not expected until the first quarter of 2011.
Once we have the finished item, we will know what the exact weight is of the piece.

If you send your question to our Production Team, using the Ask Sideshow link, they may be able to provide an estimated weight going by the prototype."

I submitted a question through the ask sideshow link 4 weeks ago though :lol

Back