Optibotimus Reviews: SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I was agreeing. :1-1:

I also noticed you commented on the suit and the padded look. What's the deal with this suit. Too thin looking, no wrinkles?
Yeah, it just looks like thin pleated vinyl or something similar - I guess like the last try, but cheaper looking. There's none of the signature horizontal wrinkling - because by the nature of the material they've used, they'll never achieve that look anyway. In principle, the Medicom Vader's suit would be more conducive to allowing for that.. although they just went with the stitched / pleated look too.

That makes it even more frustrating, because with the SSC base body being as slender as it is, padding the suit (at the very least) would help it look a lot better than it currently does. The articulation would barely suffer as a result, I imagine.

Yes it's usually the noobs who come of the woodwork to fan the flames! Let the discussion be between the two men who are having it, the rest of the kids need stay outta the street!

I think the hands are fine. Rubbery Sideshow ones though. I thought everyone was scared of rubber. The Medicom helmet doesn't have detail on the inside either. I can't remember what hands he came with. They're still in the box.

Yes it's usually the noobs who come of the woodwork to fan the flames! Let the discussion be between the two men who are having it, the rest of the kids need stay outta the street!

Yeah, that's a great point. Nothing gets the discussion back on track like pushing "noobs" into the street and then yelling at them for being in the street and "fanning the flames" by referring to them as kids. :cuckoo:

Noobs, it's what's for breakfast, or something. Glad you've been buying stuff since 2006, but I don't think your helping.

Is a Star Wars 'noob' on a whole upper level to what would be considered a standard 'noob'? How many levels of 'noobivity' are there? We need answers! :dunno

For me true noobs are the young whippersnappers that grew up with the PT as opposed to the rest of us who actually caught on at the very least during the original theatrical run of ESB :rotfl:nana:

I feel kinda responsible for bringing up this jazz hands thing. Like Le Juan said it's mainly said in jest. And at best from me, a simple critique for Optimbotimus to take on board or not. They are very distracting as I'm trying to view the piece he's reviewing. That being said, it hardly means I hate his reviews. As I say; top five reviewer on YouTube.
This other crap I'm reading about his integrity is just plain bitter and spiteful bile I have to say. What business is it of anyone to question his practice? He's not doing you any harm, if you feel that strongly, get off your flabby assess and film some reviews yourselves! (Trust me, they will be crap)
I hope we can move on from here enjoying OP's reviews and just turn our attention back to how much this figure sucks :)

HEY!! NO. i was the first to troll him on the hands! look it up! i was in on the first page.

no one will take credit for my ***-i-ness. youre just a wannabe.

This is how this stuff gets going around here. One guy says something, the other guy responds. Then in most cases it's over...until all the internet friends come out to defend their buddy.

DEAD NUTS. :exactly:

this place is dreadful. 2 guys cant have a go without their "crew" hyping them up in the background and getting involved.

i know im new here, but judging by the most prolific posters here, most of them are registered in 2013. tells me there is a high turnover rate here, and most people dont stick around too long.

It's a bad habit of mine sticking up for a guy who's getting bashed for no good reason! I do it face to face too unlike, I suspect, half the keyboard he-men who post up on here?!
Anyway, back on topic, this figure is crap :)

You mad bro?!? :lol

If you don't care, don't comment. Plain & simple.

I was directing my comments to the reviewer, not one of his profound followers...that would be you.
No, I'm just sick of you re-iterating the same points again and again. After a while, it is trolling/de-railing the thread. I'm not 'coming out of the woodwork' to defend Optibotimus, just bored of your posts and the negativity in general in this thread. But yeah, in future I'll do my best to just ignore your posts altogether since it's clear you don't get it.

Is a Star Wars 'noob' on a whole upper level to what would be considered a standard 'noob'? How many levels of 'noobivity' are there? We need answers! :dunno

:lol :exactly:

We definately need answers. What's a noob on this site, to this person anyway, and what makes someone who's been buying stuff since 2006 more privileged to fan the flames? I don't get it.

Seems to me if you want this thing to end, the stop fanning the flames and quit the name calling, join the "noobs" as well as the others who are asking for it to stop and get back to the discussion of Vader, but what do I know?

Aren't noobs anyone with less than 75 posts?
Father & son.

Both Medicom, and both a year before the newer ones were released. Pretty content. I think.

anyone who even uses the term "noob" is a dork. this pop culture vernacular is not "epic". im not trying to "pwn" anyone or start a new tangent. anyone who likes SW is cool in my book and they dont deserve be called anything because they havent liked it for X amount of time. my son is having a great time watching SW right now, when do i break the news to him he isnt allowed to discuss SW until he has more posts on this forum?

Just watched the review again.... Hands bugged me less but you could start a drinking game everytime he says "basically". :lol

my son is having a great time watching SW right now, when do i break the news to him he isnt allowed to discuss SW until he has more posts on this forum?

The Lego SW sets are a fun and interactive way of introducing children to the world of Star Wars. The younger generation will soon be able to grow up watching the new films too.

Back