Optibotimus Reviews: SSC !/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth-Vader-Return-Of-The-Jedi-Sixth-Scale-Sideshow-Collectibles-052.jpg

I guess the helmet is the big difference in the height factor. I didn't realize the crotch piece was different in between the films.

Let the debating begin! :slap

The whole figure is slightly shorter though..

Hmm I don't see it, look at the height between the raised hand on both, almost identical in height. In fact everything looks the same as far as the height goes, the shoulder width between the two, the feet, etc.

Like I said the only thing that looks shorter is the dome around the helmet.

Finally watched the review and thought it was very well done. The hand gestures did not bother me at all!

The figure overall looks great, and I think the presentation is impressive and earns the "deluxe" branding. I think it's generally an improvement over the ANH Vader, which I have and like a lot. My main, and possibly my only, criticism is the suit. I'm thinking the baggy look has more to do with the material or thickness of the material. It gathers and wrinkles in a way that betrays the scale, and therefore makes the body underneath look smaller than it probably is. The suit on the ANH Vader definitely looks better.

Since I am mostly happy with the ANH Vader, I was going to pass on this one. But everything I've been seeing of the figure makes me want to reconsider!

The whole figure is slightly shorter though..

Hmm I don't see it, look at the height between the raised hand on both, almost identical in height. In fact everything looks the same as far as the height goes, the shoulder width between the two, the feet, etc.

Like I said the only thing that looks shorter is the dome around the helmet.

But look at where the crotch, waist and shoulders line up between the two. The new Vader IS shorter, but it has a lager head which then makes up for whatever height the body lost.

But look at where the crotch, waist and shoulders line up between the two. The new Vader IS shorter, but it has a lager head which then makes up for whatever height the body lost.

Well one thing I did like about the video is how the cape moved so fluently, with the new design, especially when he was swishing it back and forth. It really simulated a guy in suit walking with the cape swishing :yess:

Too bad they don't make a true type that scale. the 1/4 hot toys bodies are far too large and the 1/6 TT are too short to try to replace the inner body to give it more bulk :gah:

I wish SS would make the Pro bodies have more meat to them. Way too thin in the arms. :slap

David Prowse was a big guy. Looks like people might have to add cotton in the arms and legs somehow.

Yeah, they are obvious, but not drastic enough, right? I mean, it could have been a tad shorter if the ANH was supposedly 1" too tall. Not that I have any references of my own to go by.

I just keep waiting for the ultimate vader...looks like it's going to have to be custom to get that, though I don't understand what's wrong with his mask, at all. I just don't know those details.

Yeah, they are obvious, but not drastic enough, right? I mean, it could have been a tad shorter if the ANH was supposedly 1" too tall. Not that I have any references of my own to go by.

I just keep waiting for the ultimate vader...looks like it's going to have to be custom to get that, though I don't understand what's wrong with his mask, at all. I just don't know those details.

Height is something I can live with. but bony, baggy arms and legs on a Vader? :gah:, Why not use the same formula for the arms as the previous release.

It's sad because I thought Vader seemed more slender in ANH and got a tad thicker in ESB and ROTJ :lecture

What in the world was SS thinking of with this suit's design :pfft:

Have no idea what they were thinking. But nothing a little plastic weld can't fix. In any custom work you are always sanding down or bulking up a body of some kind. I get it that there should be no custom work needed after this kind of expense, but sort of hard to let that be a deal killer for me. I'm more worried about the suit...no wrinkles, and that detail does give away scale.

Right. :duff

I don't like the figure - I've said that already, but I was merely making light of what the pic clearly shows, that's all. :)

Yep, I was agreeing. :1-1:

I also noticed you commented on the suit and the padded look. What's the deal with this suit. Too thin looking, no wrinkles?

The way I'm reading your comments Lee in Mi; you're just coming across as profoundly disrespectful toward Obtibotimus and for what? The guy posts a review of a figure? He has a business agreement with Sideshow to receive and review items way before the rest of us?
Genuinely think you should just trot on now man. Smacks of trolling and derailing the thread...

The way I'm reading your comments Lee in Mi; you're just coming across as profoundly disrespectful toward Obtibotimus and for what? The guy posts a review of a figure? He has a business agreement with Sideshow to receive and review items way before the rest of us?
Genuinely think you should just trot on now man. Smacks of trolling and derailing the thread...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g[/ame]

Well, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But respect mine. I told him that i thought the review was good but I pointed out some problems I had with it. Those are my opinions. How are they any less valid than someone who wants to just give unbridled praise of the review? You, like the OP, want to imply some type of malice disposition in what you are reading. That's on you. Besides saying the hand gesturing "sucks", I think I was being pretty straight forward with the guy. He automatically felt I was questioning his integrity. When in fact, it was only the integrity of the review I was questioning due to his business arraignment with SSCs. As I said, it's not something germane to just him.

This is how this stuff gets going around here. One guy says something, the other guy responds. Then in most cases it's over...until all the internet friends come out to defend their buddy.

Like I said, if no one cares, just don't respond. I said my peace, he said his. Done. It's over. It's the trolls who kick up the dust after it's all said and done that generally derail threads.

Back