Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Star Wars BOBA FETT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Optibotimus buy his own toys for review?

You're talking about me as if i'm not here. You shouldn't use that type of grammar when someone is present. I"m clearly here and apart of this conversation. You're very capable of asking a question directed towards me. It's basic manners.

To answer your question, yes and no. The overwhelming majority of my figures i review, i buy. In terms of Hot Toys i get discounts for the work i do. The discount ranges from 10-25 percent. I have gotten things for free buy i always only accept those free items when the understanding is there that i will review said item and give my honest opinion.

How can we get free things and discounts for reviewing? (respectfully)

Being truthful and making assumptions isn't something that really goes hand and hand LOL

There needs to be less references to hands in this thread.:lol

You're talking about me as if i'm not here. You shouldn't use that type of grammar when someone is present. I"m clearly here and apart of this conversation. You're very capable of asking a question directed towards me. It's basic manners.

To answer your question, yes and no. The overwhelming majority of my figures i review, i buy. In terms of Hot Toys i get discounts for the work i do. The discount ranges from 10-25 percent. I have gotten things for free buy i always only accept those free items when the understanding is there that i will review said item and give my honest opinion.

Specifically, did Sideshow Collectibles provide for free (or at a discount) the Hot Toys Boba Fett figure you used for this particular review?

You posted the video with the intent of people viewing it. The feedback is that the hands a VERY distracting, big and exaggerated. It's way overdone.

If you don't want to consider the feedback and maybe make some adjustments, then don't. The rest of the video's content and commentary is great.

How you gonna hit someone on proper grammar then use improper punctuation and spelling? You've gotta get them hands under control.

Sorry. The truth is I didn't expect you to reply to such a question. Most big time reviewers don't mingle with the mortals. They come, advertise, and then leave. Judging by your post count I assumed you weren't any different. My bad.

If you buy your figures i'll watch your video now.

Last edited:
Somebody please get it over with and post a pic from Fast Times

phoebe-cates-pool-scene-o.gif

:monkey3

I'm going to admit that the hands are a distraction.

A bigger question raised is how much slack do reviewers give figures knowing they get a discount or even free figures in some cases? Michael Crawford routinely scores figures low in individual categories, then awards 3 and 4 stars overall. It's a good topic.

I'm going to admit that the hands are a distraction.

A bigger question raised is how much slack do reviewers give figures knowing they get a discount or even free figures in some cases? Michael Crawford routinely scores figures low in individual categories, then awards 3 and 4 stars overall. It's a good topic.

If you guys have never seen my reviews before, then yeah. It might distract you. As i've said, it's my style and the way that i am as a person. If i was talking about something with you face to face, my hands would be moving as well. Naturally not right in your face but on camera, it obviously is there. The more i'm into something, the more animated i am. It's my personality. If you guys don't like it, you're free to watch someone else. There are a ton of people out there you can watching.

Regarding what people give in terms of "slack" on reviews of things that are given to them or discounted, i can't answer that. I can tell you that it doesn't matter one way to me if i get something for free or not. I don't need discounts on figures. I don't need free figures. If i get a discounted figure or a free one, it first has to be something i'm already interested in. So regardless if i get it at a discount or for free, i was gonna buy it no matter what. So my opinion on the figure is gonna be the same either way. I don't like getting free stuff. There is a VERY simple reason that most people don't even think about, getting free stuff, doesn't let you write it off on your taxes. I like paying for my stuff because it lets me write it off and it lets me maintain honesty and integrity in my reviews. Now you might not like my opinion on something and that's fine, you're entitled to it. I gladly accept a discount for reviews for the work i put into my videos. I can't speak to what other reviewers do.

Sorry. The truth is I didn't expect you to reply to such a question. Most big time reviewers don't mingle with the mortals. They come, advertise, and then leave. Judging by your post count I assumed you weren't any different. My bad.

If you buy your figures i'll watch your video now.

I don't post a hell of a lot. Not because i think i'm too good to "mingle with the mortals" but because i'm usually busy and working. When i start a thread or something is brought to my attention that relates to me, i don't have a problem talking about it. I just don't get involved in a lot of idle chit chat.

Regarding what people give in terms of "slack" on reviews of things that are given to them or discounted, i can't answer that. I can tell you that it doesn't matter one way to me if i get something for free or not. I don't need discounts on figures. I don't need free figures. If i get a discounted figure or a free one, it first has to be something i'm already interested in. So regardless if i get it at a discount or for free, i was gonna buy it no matter what. So my opinion on the figure is gonna be the same either way. I don't like getting free stuff. There is a VERY simple reason that most people don't even think about, getting free stuff, doesn't let you write it off on your taxes. I like paying for my stuff because it lets me write it off and it lets me maintain honesty and integrity in my reviews. Now you might not like my opinion on something and that's fine, you're entitled to it. I gladly accept a discount for reviews for the work i put into my videos. I can't speak to what other reviewers do.

So - reading between the lines - you did receive the Hot Toys Fett for free from Sideshow Collectibles for this particular review?

So - reading between the lines - you did receive the Hot Toys Fett for free from Sideshow Collectibles for this particular review?

You make a statement and ask a question with the same sentence lol

I didn't see you ask before so i apologize for not answering that first before you made your assumption. No, I didn't get this figure for free. This wasn't one figure i wanted to get and as has happened many times over the past couple years in working with them, they asked if i wanted to review it once they got it in. I didn't have it on my preorder list but they thought i might want to review it. So as my customary way of doing things, i bought it with the intent of selling it for what i got later after i did the review. I then changed my mind and decided to use it as a giveaway for some of my followers. That clear everything up for you?

This isn't a video review of my hands. If you're just going to comment on that, i would suggest holding onto your comments. No need to bring them in a thread talking about the figure.

I thought the review was pretty decent, but I'm gonna play devils advocate here and point out that this is in fact not a thread for talking about the figure seeing as that thread exists here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-6-hot-toys-mms-star-wars-rotj-boba-fett.html This is a thread that you started to promote your review of the figure, so if people were going to show up and voice their criticisms about your review style and voice their opinions about whether or not they believe your review was biased, I would say this is the place to do it.

Back