Opinions: What is the Holy Grail of WETA LOTR Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of what I have here are the top five based on rarity, etc.

1. Daddy Rog
2. RWOS
3. Orthanc
4. Sam & Bill
5. Bilbo

Ones I have that are spectacular even though they are undervalued or readily available, etc.

1. Treebeard Bust
2. Galadriel (gimme that mirror tho!)
3. Gandalf the Grey
4. Morgul Lord and Eowyn - Together Again!
5. Legolas (never mind that likeness - this is a great representation of the character)

The Short List of Items I Don't Have That I Will Soon:

1. Sauron
2. Gandalf on Shadowfax
3. Gothmog on Warg

and finally we get to it,
The Grails:

5. Moria Orc Swordsman (Don't even get me started on why I don't have one of these-its a long sad story!)
4. Aragorn
3. The Witch King
2. Cave Troll (I'll update this list after the Flash Fiction Contest!)

and THE GRAIL as in Unattainable, you guessed it:

1. Gandalf the Bronze - yes I do like it. Most of the CARS I've owned are cheaper than this and even if you have the money, with an edition size of 36 and 4 artist proofs, You may still have a helluva time finding one for sale!

Last edited:
Sam & Bill is my "white whale" statue. I don't want to pay a high ebay level price for it, I want to one day walk into a comic shop, brush the dust off a green box in the back corner that the owner has forgotten about, give the man $150, and walk out with Sam and Bill under my arm.

Cave Troll :joy

closely followed by:
Sam+Bill :peace

What about a first allover ranking?

Sauron

He is the one piece that represents the entire trilogy. The statue is so well done. If you had to have one iconic piece and do away with all the rest, you would keep the Lord of the Ring at least.

Balrog.

Not because it's the piece or subject that everyone personally desires most(but a great many do). It's that when you think grail, this is the quintessential Sideshow Weta grail. The one that started it all.

Yep, Chuck got it right. The one that started it all . . . Balrog. It was such a grail that Weta took time out from their busy schedule and decided to create the mini-me version just to appease the crowds. One doesn't see that with anything else.

Ringwraith on Steed

While the Balrog and Cave Troll are much more expensive pieces and they are absolutely fantastic (I've got them both) the RWoS simply sums up the entire movie for me (if I had to select one) and would as such have to be my favorite piece.

For me it is Aragorn. He just is my favorite from the book. Next would be RWOS sends chills down your spine thinking of that guy after you. Blind evil.

Back