Opinions: What is the Holy Grail of WETA LOTR Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MOS is also a reat piece. I haveone next to my Mines of Moria and they look great together.

B-Electronic said:
Because most people here dont like it.

I'm not sure what the holy grail piece should be. Its prob different for every collector. On a whole, you'd prob have to say the Balrog. But for me, the holy grail would be my Fell Beast. My holy grail among the items I dont have would be Bilbo.

really?? True enough that a statue is expensive doesn't mean that it is likeable by all, for me,.. I am a completist... so this piece is way beyond my reach... and I have yet to see the real thing before... so look great from the pics and sheer size of it..

Hmm . . .everyone's leaning towards something they don't have yet. We should approach the question as: If you wiped the slate clean and started anew (say your house got robbed), and you had $3k to spend on just one item, what would it be???

Holy Grail

My current holy grail piece is the Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman; I just bought one, and I can't wait to get it! It look awesome, IMO. I realize for most, it would be either the Cave Troll or Balrog, and they look great, but I doubt I'll ever get those two, even if I'm able to find them at a decent price. The fact that they are out-of-scale with the rest of the statues makes it easier to pass them up, for me. Of the entire statue line, I now need only the Newborn Uruk-Hai, Moria Orc Swordsman, Moria Orc Archer, and Galadhrim Archer ( other than the Cave Troll & Balrog). Then, I'll probably be finished, unless I get the urge to collect the busts! :D

The one statue I would still truly pay more than retail for is the Wiki. I skipped him the first time around and have regretted it ever since.

If I were to pick one statue I currently own it would have to be the bronze G. He's just sooo cool. I like the fact that I don't have to worry when I move him that he'll break or something. It's a rare calm.

warlock664 said:
My current holy grail piece is the Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman; I just bought one, and I can't wait to get it! It look awesome, IMO.

You got one, that's great to hear! :banana I remember you were after it, you will love this one! :wacky I just got one myself, and while it is not at the very top of my list, it is rivaled by only a few. :cool:

Hol Grail

"You got one, that's great to hear!"

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to receiving this one! I tried to convince myself that I could be happy with the Berserker ( an under-rated statue, IMO), but I could no longer resist. It's funny how addicting this collecting business is; originally, I thought I'd just pick up the less expensive pieces, then I decided to get the Fellowship, then only the "good" guys, now I have almost all, except for the out-of-scale pieces ( Cave Troll, Balrog, Watcher, Shelob, Morgul Lord on Fell Beast, Battle Troll). But I wouldn't be suprised if, eventually, I try to get those, as well!
My Top 5 favorite pieces:

1)Sam & Bill
2)Aragorn as Strider
3)Witch King in Trueform
4)Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman
5)Sauron

Radagaster said:
Hmm . . .everyone's leaning towards something they don't have yet. We should approach the question as: If you wiped the slate clean and started anew (say your house got robbed), and you had $3k to spend on just one item, what would it be???

what a depressing thought !!!! i cant imagine what this would be like \ hate to imagine .... i dont think i could even answer this , as there would be a handful this could apply too .. :eek

OK.......of the statues that I do have........I would say that my favorite.........Gandalf The Grey. Love that one.

Bust would have to be King Elendil. The detail of this one is great. I think as far as busts go, it is highly under rated.

If without considering the production size, for me I would say RWoS is the piece.
But if taken production size into account (plus other factors), I'd say big Balrog.

See for different people, the Holy Grail piece will depend on:

edition size
good or evil
scale
statue or bust or weapon, etc

very interesting!

Overall my holy grail is Daddy 'Rog. But then, I have him.

Of the pieces I do NOT have: Moria Orc Swordsman.

The Grail for me would always be the "Daddy" 'Rog.

But indeed, there are so many stunning items.
Some stunning due to its rarity (WiKi Helm for instance), some for its beauty (all the Rohan Helms!).

Orthanc is probably the best and most detailed sculpture in the whole line.
Oh, and Theoden of course... Too bad some zero-armed monkey from the deep forests of Dimwold seems to have been engaged to paint it :confused:

grtz,

Peter
(Lasher33)

re

I'd say Gandalf on Shadowfax is my ideal piece ever.
That was until AragornBlackGates was revealed. :)

For me, without a doubt, my must have piece is Sauron. This might sound crazy to some of you, but if we could go back in time and order only one piece in the entire line at original prices it would still be Sauron for me. I realize with Balrog Sr. you could sell it for 10x its original price and Sauron can be bought for below retail but there's something about this piece that will forever amaze me, whatever its worth financially. But...if I could pick two...Balrog all the way!! :google

Gandalf Bronze

gtb said:
really?? True enough that a statue is expensive doesn't mean that it is likeable by all, for me,.. I am a completist... so this piece is way beyond my reach... and I have yet to see the real thing before... so look great from the pics and sheer size of it..

when i got my Legolas figure signed by D Falconer he took a picture of him signing the base and behind was one of Gandalf Bronze at Weta Workshop. if you havent seen one i can send you a pic by mail... just send me your address

myke :D

Back