Opinions wanted aborted purchase of GG 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was it ethical not to buy the bust

• No. You should buy the bust cos that was what was agreed upon

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Yes. There is no obligation as the bust was defective and not mint as stated

Votes: 43 95.6%

• Total voters
thanks again to all who polled in and entered your comments :)

Mods can lock the thread now.

Yeah, I think 33 to 1 is fairly conclusive :lol

Yeah. not trying to bully anyone (main reason why i didn't put the seller's nick).

Just wanted to help the seller realize that he was a little out of touch with reality in expecting a person to buy something when it was broken. :peace

You should move on and not even worry and give this scam artist anymore of your thoughts and time. You would think the price you offered would be well enough to break even for damage that was done.

Go hunting for something else !!! Yeah

You did nothing wrong. I tend to avoid opened items because of cases like this.

Rookie move. You should always open and inspect items, even if received from SS directly. I've gotten three broken items, out of dozens, straight from SS/Chinese factory. If buyer accepts item as "factory sealed," no warranty should be implied.

you could argue that it is unethical to lie about the condition of the product being sold. I think you should have said "screw this, I paid for a mint bust, all you have is a broken one that was badly repaired. You don't have what I paid for, I ain't giving you diddly squat you lying son of a buttsucker! I hope you die and go to the hell for people who lie and jip people, along with all the "rolex" watch sellers from NY , and then you'll burn and uranus will be flogged off every day for the rest of eternity!".... or something to that extent...

Also I noticed that there was 1 person who said "you should have bought it" on the poll... my guess is that it's the seller himself! :lol

Last edited:
He tried to take you and got found out. It's his loss for being dishonest. I can't imagine that anyone on here would go ahead and still buy a broken product that they were told was mint.
Funny that the guy can obviously vote yet not show himself.

He tried to take you and got found out. It's his loss for being dishonest. I can't imagine that anyone on here would go ahead and still buy a broken product that they were told was mint.
Funny that the guy can obviously vote yet not show himself.

I guess he figured he would get flamed if he came out and identified himself.

Well, i'll take it that everyone makes mistakes from time to time and this wasn't one of his better moments.

:peace

Also I noticed that there was 1 person who said "you should have bought it" on the poll... my guess is that it's the seller himself! :lol

No, that was me. To be fair, the OP didn't post all the info. I was under the impression that he'd completed the deal through EbaY and backed out, at which time he would've been wrong (right to demand his money back, but wrong way to go about it) and should've gone through EbaY's dispute resolution program.

So as of this post, it should actually be 44 to 0.

Rookie move. You should always open and inspect items, even if received from SS directly. I've gotten three broken items, out of dozens, straight from SS/Chinese factory. If buyer accepts item as "factory sealed," no warranty should be implied.

It might be a "rookie move" after a purchase. Specifically though, I was referring to buying from ebay sellers, which is what this thread is about. There is always a chance of damage regardless. I've had far more problems with opened items. Three broken out of dozens would be fantastic.

I guess he figured he would get flamed if he came out and identified himself.

Well, i'll take it that everyone makes mistakes from time to time and this wasn't one of his better moments.

Don't give their name, but is this person a newer member or someone that's been on the boards for a while????

Don't give their name, but is this person a newer member or someone that's been on the boards for a while????

He joined up in March 2008. Not very active on SSF but quite active on the statue forum.

Anyhow, i think he has gotten over it as i haven't heard anything more from him.

Back