Opinions on 1/6 Scale Darth Vader Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysk

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello fellow collectors! I'm new the the collection craze and currently have 7 figures. I'm looking to get one of the Darth Vader 1/6 scale figures. Just wanted opinions of what people feel will be the better figure, HT Darth Vader from A New Hope or SS Darth Vader from ROTJ??? Like I said, I'm new to collecting so I haven't learned quite yet if SS or HT provide the better 1/6 scale figure? I'm sure it's a matter of opinion so I'd like to get some other collectors' input. Thanks!

HT Darth Vader from A New Hope. All around better figure and an awesome helmet that looks mostly accurate. In general, Hot Toys will have the better figure in most cases. Especially with Star Wars as the main characters were done by Sideshow awhile back when quality standards were different. The ROTJ Vader is a reissue with a could things changed.

I have both figures and I think the my favorite is the new HT ANH Vader, I like Sideshow's Vader but the scale is not right, is too tall.

In before the sideshow sucks posts! Go with how much you want to spend.

The HT has the vastly superior looking helmet and mask and body suit. But looks stumpy.

Sideshows has great looking cape and robe and light up chest box and belt thing. Decent helmet and mask. Body suit looks bad.

The sideshow one has two main drawbacks: body suit is very ill-fitting and the dome seems a tad off. HT one is the one to get....without question.

You can't miss. Both figures are great. I have SS version and i'm more than happy with it.

Having owned both my preference would be for the Hot Toys. Much better helmet and mask, the cape is the best HT have ever produced and the body suit fits very well too.

Another thing to note is that you can always wait. I love Vader. He's my second favorite character of any franchise of all time(after Batman) and I don't have either one of these figures. I don't have ANH hot toy because I want a vader with a removable helmet. I don't have the SS deluxe one because I don't like the headsculpt underneath the helmet. The Anakin portrait looks a little off and also kind of angry to be honest. I'm waiting for the "perfect" Vader. It just depends how long you want to wait and what's most important to you.

Awesome input guys, I think I'm leaning towards the HT version! Appreciate all the help

Another thing to note is that you can always wait. I love Vader. He's my second favorite character of any franchise of all time(after Batman) and I don't have either one of these figures. I don't have ANH hot toy because I want a vader with a removable helmet. I don't have the SS deluxe one because I don't like the headsculpt underneath the helmet. The Anakin portrait looks a little off and also kind of angry to be honest. I'm waiting for the "perfect" Vader. It just depends how long you want to wait and what's most important to you.

The Anakin portrait is purposely inaccurate. It's a sideshow interpretation.

HT's is definitely better, but you might want to wait til HT makes an ESB Vader if that version of the suit is your preference.

If I were to buy the Hoy Toys Vader and the Sideshow Anakin head would it be possible to switch out the heads? Or do they use different size joints to connect?

If I were to buy the Hoy Toys Vader and the Sideshow Anakin head would it be possible to switch out the heads? Or do they use different size joints to connect?
The SSC head will fit on a HT joint..with the lower SSC Vader Mask, that just might look pretty cool. Depends how hi the head sits.

I might do that then. I'm finding the head for about $30-40.

I kind of wish the ESB Luke Vader head could mount. I'd love to have that as a look.

Back