Open Call to SW Fans/Collectors (Slightly Off-Topic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tally was clearly labeled unofficial and did not include any of the votes that were emailed in by existing members. Partly because at first the contest was just about getting new members, then existing members were a little upset that they had no control over who there "President" would be so HS allowed the emailing in of votes. I assume a lot of the email votes were for Dustin because of the RS/TFN connections and the fact that most regulars were probably already Hyperspace members.

Agent0028 said:
Padme was way behind in the polls too and then she one the EU contest. I smell a Sith...

From memory some obnoxious rebelscummer claimed responsibility for doing that too.......... (ie multiple accounts/votes)

LordAzrael said:
From memory some obnoxious rebelscummer claimed responsibility for doing that too.......... (ie multiple accounts/votes)
Adams, Hayes, Kennedy, Bush, and now Padme, it's a conspiracy man! A conspiracy!

Last edited:
I visit there for news on friggin toys. I couldn't care less about who's the boss of some fan club. You know, I was a charter member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fan Club when I was ten. I had the certificate, sticker, and everything. No bullsh!t politic-ing in that club, no sir!

This is just silly.

I like participating in rebescum but try to steer clear of any politics. We are talking about collectibles here. Seems silly when the hobby takes itself too siriously.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I like participating in rebescum but try to steer clear of any politics. We are talking about collectibles here. Seems silly when the hobby takes itself too siriously.
Yeah Look at Communism!:monkey1

Darth Scourge said:
I never thought the fan club presidency was a credible position if you could "buy" it. But I'm still curious as to how Roberts won it if he was behind in the tally.

Trust me, none of us know what happened. Dustin as well. We were/ are surpised by the outcome. Dustin is a stand up guy and I'm glad he won, but I can assure you that there is nothing underhanded going on... Here's hoping Hyperspace addresses all of this soon.

SolidLiquidFox said:

However, this isn't a "political" issue. This is a "moral" issue. The issue isn't the Fan Club election results. The issue is, once again, the rude, abrasive, and demeaning attitude leveled at fans and collectors by the owner of Rebelscum. Just because I used the word "boycott", don't assume I'm playing a political angle because that's simply not the case.

It's a matter of what I feel is right or wrong. Anyone's free to agree or disagree with me. I just hope everyone can keep their eyes on the ball (so to speak) and understand exactly what I'm asking here.

Please don't support a site who treats its members so callously. That goes against what I believe is the spirit of an open, friendly online fan community.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
However, this isn't a "political" issue. This is a "moral" issue. The issue isn't the Fan Club election results. The issue is, once again, the rude, abrasive, and demeaning attitude leveled at fans and collectors by the owner of Rebelscum. Just because I used the word "boycott", don't assume I'm playing a political angle because that's simply not the case.

It's a matter of what I feel is right or wrong. Anyone's free to agree or disagree with me. I just hope everyone can keep their eyes on the ball (so to speak) and understand exactly what I'm asking here.

Please don't support a site who treats its members so callously. That goes against what I believe is the spirit of an open, friendly online fan community.

I tell you what Sith Lord 0498, you offer as much of yourself to helping the Star Wars community as Philip does, then you sit back and listen to all the people who hate you for it and see how well you react to haters in the forums you pay for.

Having watched all of it as it went in the RS forum, the true issue is how rude people using the forum were to Philip. Having known and having work beside him for as many years as I have, I can tell you that there aren't very many people with as much passion for our community as Philip, and some people can do nothing but **** on him for it. Before crucifying him for reacting to people who hate him without knowing him, maybe the haters should take a moment to get to know the guy. He doesn't do this for money, he does it because he loves Star Wars and he wants our community to always have a place where, no matter what your age, you can feel welcome in a positive environment.

Any money RS makes through its affiliate sources only helps with the monthly bills the site generates... The rest of the substantial costs come out of Philip's own pocket. Being someone on the inside, I can tell you for sure, RS is not a source of wealth for anyone. But it's an inviting place for anyone who doesn't want to piss on the furnature.

But it's an inviting place for anyone who doesn't want to piss on the furnature.
Well that's enough for me to not join.

Sorry, but it just lent itself so nicely. So that I'm not being completely unproductive in this thread I'll just say it sounds like a bit of a misunderstanding and that this Phillip fellow was just reacting, and maybe he was a little heavy handed, but if he felt personally under attack maybe that's understandable. Prolly best to just let bygones be bygones (whatever bygones are :confused:) and move on.

Thus saith the Lord. Amen. :D

Dave put it perfectly. Its not like we have to pay for it. What RS provides by way of reviews and information is pretty awesome. Especially considering that it is free. RS is an awesome place to visit. There are alot of cool people on there. If you don't agree with something an admin does (allegedly) just go somewhere else. It doesn't bug me and it doesn't bug most everyone else who has commented in this thread.

I (for one) am a bit bummed that you won't be around RS anymore because I thought you brought alot of cool stuff to some of the discussions.

Thanks for coming over here Dave and for your bluntness. :cool:

Now, when are you going to post your pics of Kit? :monkey3

While my Kit hasn't arrived yet, I'm likely not going to be able to shoot it until after SDCC... Not that I won't have enough pics of SSC stuff up at Rebelscum to keep all y'all happy :) Forget not, SSC is my favourite company too, and now that they have SW I can justify shooting everything they have and getting it on RS. For what it's worth, SSC will be the first thing I shoot at SDCC... So like Toy Fair, it SSC will be the first thing on our front page.

I should have the 1:1 Scale Maul up this week and the second big SSC feature story will be up very soon.

I will be laying out my sleeping bag and making camp at RS, here, and at the SSC site this week... I CANNOT WAIT. :blissy

I am glad my boss also chose this week to be in Disney Land. ;)

Right. Your boss isn't going to DisneyLand. He's going to SDCC and is afraid you guys would make fun of him or give him a hard time because you can't go :lol

Buttmunch said:
Right. Your boss isn't going to DisneyLand. He's going to SDCC and is afraid you guys would make fun of him or give him a hard time because you can't go :lol

:lol :lol :lol You might be right!

Just one more comment from me on this thread:

A website is more a person's house than a democracy. Someone comes in my house and disrespects me or my family I am gonna have to ask them to leave. Now if you we were all paying to visit, then maybe I would be a little miffed. But the internet is more an anarchy than a democracy!
ST1970-Anarchy-Logo.jpg

So did we get mad at High School elections too? I don't get it. Now should we open this up to comments on Statue Forum? JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :monkey1

I tell you what Sith Lord 0498, you offer as much of yourself to helping the Star Wars community as Philip does, then you sit back and listen to all the people who hate you for it and see how well you react to haters in the forums you pay for.

Having watched all of it as it went in the RS forum, the true issue is how rude people using the forum were to Philip. Having known and having work beside him for as many years as I have, I can tell you that there aren't very many people with as much passion for our community as Philip, and some people can do nothing but **** on him for it. Before crucifying him for reacting to people who hate him without knowing him, maybe the haters should take a moment to get to know the guy. He doesn't do this for money, he does it because he loves Star Wars and he wants our community to always have a place where, no matter what your age, you can feel welcome in a positive environment.

Any money RS makes through its affiliate sources only helps with the monthly bills the site generates... The rest of the substantial costs come out of Philip's own pocket. Being someone on the inside, I can tell you for sure, RS is not a source of wealth for anyone. But it's an inviting place for anyone who doesn't want to piss on the furnature.

I also watched how things went down in the RS forums. Yes, there were people who were out of line. That was unfortunate, and they didn't even deserve a response for how they were acting. However, there were plenty of people who were perfectly civil toward the end and merely questioned decisions and issues.

I can respect anyone who dedicates that much of their time to the Star Wars community. However, I will quickly lose that respect when they act similarly to how Philip did.

To tell people who didn't even post anything negative to get out and never return simply because they feel a certain way...that is inexcusable.

I'll be honest. I don't agree with you at all. But I'm not going to lash out at you or tell you that you should leave here. I have enough dignity to take negative comments in stride and not fall into a heated argument. That's why I will be leaving Rebelscum once my last few deals are finished with other members. I cannot be a patron of a place with that particular attitude.

In short, I respect our mutual right to disagree.

My purpose in creating this thread is to expose the ungentlemanly attitude of Rebelscum's chief administrator. What is done with that information from here on out...that's out of my control. For my part, I've done all I can to bring this poor display of etiquette to light in a civilized (yet obviously impassioned) way, and now I can leave this behind me and focus on the hobby...as it should be.

It's out of my hands now, and people are free to act on this information according to their own beliefs.

Back