Only God Forgives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this movie wasnt meant for everybody. a lady friend of mine went out with someone, took her out to see this movie. my friend wasnt happy, and that dude lost his chances of getting any that day. lol

He made the film he wanted to make. Have you seen his other films besides Drive? Drive is the most mainstream he's done. :lol

Yeah and that's why it sucks. It didn't appeal to anyone besides him, and the few on the internet that feel the need to defend it. It's hilarious when I hear people say "you just didn't like it because you probably didn't understand it." :lol The fact is the screenplay was downright awful, and there was too little dialogue to keep the story together.

I've seen Bronson and Vahalla rising. Both were okay, nothing special. What does Drive being the most mainstream have to do with anything? Regardless, It's undoubtedly his best film.

I wasn't responding to your score. I wasn't implying that you didn't understand the film.

You said it felt like he was trying to make it different than Drive and he didn't need to do that. But he didn't set out to do that. He just made this film the way he felt it should be.

I asked if you've seen any of his other films because most people who have seen Drive haven't and they all expected Only God Forgives to be just like Drive. But you have seen some of his other films, so you should have known what to expect (or what not to anyways) of his films. I'm sure you realize that now.

As for what being mainstream has to do with it... well you said it yourself... "it sucks [because it's not like Drive and] It didn't appeal to [a larger audience]" :lol

He wasn't obligated to make this film for you and everyone else who loved Drive. :wink1:

Yeah and that's why it sucks. It didn't appeal to anyone besides him, and the few on the internet that feel the need to defend it. It's hilarious when I hear people say "you just didn't like it because you probably didn't understand it." :lol The fact is the screenplay was downright awful, and there was too little dialogue to keep the story together.

I've seen Bronson and Vahalla rising. Both were okay, nothing special. What does Drive being the most mainstream have to do with anything? Regardless, It's undoubtedly his best film.
:exactly::goodpost:

I wasn't responding to your score. I wasn't implying that you didn't understand the film.

You said it felt like he was trying to make it different than Drive and he didn't need to do that. But he didn't set out to do that. He just made this film the way he felt it should be.

I asked if you've seen any of his other films because most people who have seen Drive haven't and they all expected Only God Forgives to be just like Drive. But you have seen some of his other films, so you should have known what to expect (or what not to anyways) of his films. I'm sure you realize that now.

As for what being mainstream has to do with it... well you said it yourself... "it sucks [because it's not like Drive and] It didn't appeal to [a larger audience]" :lol

He wasn't obligated to make this film for you and everyone else who loved Drive. :wink1:

And that's why I said it sucked. Movies are made to appeal to an audience. Whether that be the entire world or 5 people. Regardless of Refn's intentions, the fact of the matter is, it didn't appeal to anyone. Critics, "internet" critics, and the average movie goer that did get to see the film (which isn't very many people) hated it. Did I expect it to be similar to Drive? Sure. But It wasn't and I'm okay with that. But you know what else it wasn't? A good movie.:wink1:

Back