Online Retailer for Bowen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw where Bowen put up the Pre-Order for their new Thanos.
I have never ordered from them directly, but the whole "Print out this form, fill it out, and snail mail it back to us, then we will process it" really bugs me, come on, it's 2010, just take my credit card number!

Anyone know of an online retailer who pre-orders new Bowen? I havent founf any yet for this piece. SS sometimes has a few Bowen pieces here and there but not on this one yet.

Any links would be appreciated.

bigbadtoystore usually offers Bowen pre-orders at a discount. I don't think they have Thanos up yet, but they probably will soon.

Join the Bowen website club and get a 20% on all Bowen products.
You'll likely get a low number too (if you care about that sort of thing).
You'll also be able to buy exclusives.

Call them up. It's easy cheesy.

Well, you can FAX in the order as well, but i agree it's lame and sometimes it seems Bowen's operation isn't any more sophisticated than a local pizza joint.

Yeah I think I will just watch and hope BBTS or SS gets it.
I know the Bowen Club offers discounts, but it's also $25 to join, and I don't want to do it on principle of the whole fax/mail in your first order, this is not the year 1998. I have a debit card number with cash to back it. Process my card, hold 20% down or whatever and I have my order placed. They are making things more difficult than it should be.

I hate the whole process as well to order directly from Bowen...having to FAX in your first order...blah blah blah...prolly will do it for the first time to acquire the new x-23, which I hear will be an online exclusive...(lame)

I'm sure Sideshow or BBTS will have it up for order, I have been placing orders over their site for awhile, that I forgot they ask you to fax over your First order! Good Luck!!

Last edited:
I emailed the guy on the Statue Marvels website who sends the newsletters out, and in the newsletter he says to email him if you are having trouble finding a PO, so I emailed him explaining what I headache it is to fax/snail and did he have any sources, his reply was how easy it is to order through bowen, so that was a waste of time.

I'll just keep an eye out for retailers who are living in the year 2010.

FWIW... I was in the same boat about 8 months ago... I didn't have access to Fax, but I do have a scanner. I printed the form, filled it out, scanned it in, and emailed it to Heather as an attatchment and she got me signed up in a jiffy.

I understand it's a headache... but it's a one time deal... After you get an account you're set. Plus you get the inside track on a lot of great stuff you wouldn't have otherwise. IE... in my 8 short months I've got Ultimate Cap, Modern Kitty, and Newsreel Cap nabbed... items I'd have to pay 2 to 4 times more for aftermarket. Not to mention the 20% discount... well worth filling out the form, scanning and emailing it back (or faxing).

Something else to think of. Of the 4 statues I've gotten directly from Bowen, 100% arrived in perfect condition. BBTS is great too, I'm 1 for 1 with them. Every other place I've ordered from has been suspect... Ebay is batting about .500, and another website (don't remember the name offhand) never even shipped my Modern Cable, took a week to get a refund even after they stated it was not coming back in stock.

Phew... so in summary, again, even though it's a pain, once you take into account the exclusives you get in on, the peace of mind ordering direct, plus the option to have Bowen himself autograph pieces he sculpts... AND the 20% discount... imho it's worth it.

Back