One's Customs The Old 78 WIP - UPDATED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: One's Customs The Old 78 WIP

My dude, if you can figure out how to get this made, I be down in an instant. I think if I remember with Evil, it was a cost factor as well as time consuming (might be mistaken). Maybe he can lead you in the right direction with your question.

If he'd be willing to do a tutorial, I'd give it a shot. I don't think I'd have a problem doing the graphics, just the actual materials/printing. I wouldn't be able to replicate the exquisite job he does via vinyl, it'd just be a flat graphic. That's where I'm confused: does it print on the cardstock, or separately and then glued on?

Consequently, if he'd like to keep his trade secret just that, a secret, I'd respect that as well.

If he'd be willing to do a tutorial, I'd give it a shot. I don't think I'd have a problem doing the graphics, just the actual materials/printing. I wouldn't be able to replicate the exquisite job he does via vinyl, it'd just be a flat graphic. That's where I'm confused: does it print on the cardstock, or separately and then glued on?

Consequently, if he'd like to keep his trade secret just that, a secret, I'd respect that as well.

Just had a chat with Evilface in regards to this interest. He said if there is enough interest, he might consider doing a run on the boxes and try to get the art work close to what you have there. Just don't know if an "interest list" should be added to this thread and/or the one Dark Passenger put up? Or should it have it's own thread. I think if Ones Custom don't mind, it might be better/easier to attach it to the 1 of the 2 current threads.

Just had a chat with Evilface in regards to this interest. He said if there is enough interest, he might consider doing a run on the boxes and try to get the art work close to what you have there. Just don't know if an "interest list" should be added to this thread and/or the one Dark Passenger put up? Or should it have it's own thread. I think if Ones Custom don't mind, it might be better/easier to attach it to the 1 of the 2 current threads.

I'd be interested for sure. If One's ok with it, that sounds good to me. I just really want a box to go with the figure.

I'd be more than happy to send EvilFace the .psd file I made, although I'm sure he could come up with something better.

I'll talk to One about it today. Looks awesome, hopefully Evilface will do it if there's enough interest. Great design.

evilface is awesome man...i love to be able to make my own stand decals and figure boxes.

One is OK with the box, he wants one for himself!! He is honored. I will start an interest in the Old 78 head sculpt thread. Thechon, I hope it's OK for me to use the image, and credit you, in the thread?

One is OK with the box, he wants one for himself!! He is honored. I will start an interest in the Old 78 head sculpt thread. Thechon, I hope it's OK for me to use the image, and credit you, in the thread?

Well of course! I can work up a mockup.

The box would be for display only. I could prolly make a smaller functional box similar to the vintage GIJoes coffin boxes of the 60's.

I don't own any ss (gasp!) so can anyone post front/back and side views of a box?

Here's a quick mockup...like EvilFace said, I don't think a box would be used for anything other than display.
theold78box.jpg

Hey guys! Here's an update. One is shipping all the Old 78's on Saturday, November 27. He went back to rework the hair and some other stuff. He doesn't want to send them out until he is 100% happy with them. Thanks for the patience guys.

Hey guys! Here's an update. One is shipping all the Old 78's on Saturday, November 27. He went back to rework the hair and some other stuff. He doesn't want to send them out until he is 100% happy with them. Thanks for the patience guys.

Hey Dark, is this including the head sculpts or are you talking just the figures first?

Thanks

So shipped out today? That would be awesome :rock :rock :rock

how do you know they have shipped out already?

EDIT:

:slap

nevermind lol

Me too...expected delivery is TODAY!!!!:hi5:
please deliver to right address, lazy mailwoman...:pray::pray:

Back