One of my best friends has lost his mom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
I didn't want to post this in my thread, as it doesn't belong there, but after a week or two of some whammy bad news, my mom falling and breaking her hip, and my sister's in-laws home burning down, I found out today, just a short time ago, that one of my best friends, Buster, or rather, Roy Lide, has lost his wonderful mom. He came home yesterday and found her dead on the floor. I can't imagine what that's done to him.

Reason I share this story here, is Buster is one hell of a collector. He has everything. ALL the Hot Toys and Sideshows, and Dragon military and so on, he can get. He and his mom both are/were a bit of hoarders, so when new figures come out, Buster gets 'em. Often ones I can't even afford. If I want to see the new HT Terminators or drool over that cool ED-209, or see some awesome Anime figures, Buster's got em. I often touch up stuff for him, and make him figures or do repaints when I can, because he's my local friend, and he has some physical disabilities.

He's my buddy, and I love him like a brother. And I loved his mom a LOT too. And now, I am not sure how Buster's gonna get by. His mom took care of everything for him.

Long story short, if any of you have prayer chains or lists or whatever, please put the name Roy Lide, Buster on your lists. He could SURE use some now. He's a lot like all of us here. A collector through and through. A solid guy, with nothing but figures to keep his days happy. He comes over a lot to see what I have done, or to just share inall this. We spend time online looking at the new releases and so on. I always looked for stuff he might want. He always gets em too. Silly fella.

I always knew this day might come, but I didn't expect it NOW. I know Buster's devastated, and this may even change his whole outlook on life. I mean that sincerely. WHen his dad died about ten or so years back, it changed him from then on. He's never been the same. He lost some of his sense of adventure and is way more cautious and less outging than he ever was. Now, no telling.

I think he may have to sell off some of that stock to live too. If he does, and it comes down to it, I will let you guys know if he lists anything, because he doesn't know how to. Oh, he can buy! But selling is not even something he's considered before. He has an awful lot. Way more than anyone I have known. So, keep that in mind.
He could easily sell off half his stock and still open a rockin' store full of awesome stuff. I mean that.

Anyway, prayers would be appreciated. Thanks all. Sorry to bother with this, but I am too upset and worried about my friend now. I can think of little else, and I have to of course. Got stuff of my own to shore up all the while. But this kind of thing, it just yanks your heart out.

Thanks for letting me share. Please keep Buster in your thoughts, and his mom, who none of you ever met, but you'da all liked her.

Les

You have my full condolences and prayers. God forbid I ever have to find my mother passed away on the floor. It must be tough, no doubt.

All the best to both Roy and your family, Les.

:(

Sorry to hear that Les.I don't do any real praying, so I'll just send over some good vibes

I'm so sorry to hear that. I never want to see my mother dead, much less find her on the floor somewhere. Perhaps I'll die young so that I won't have to, but that would be selfish.

I am sorry to hear about the loss,hope his family and friends stick together in the tough times.

My deepest condolences.

Bad times. Stay strong for him Les he'll need it during the coming months.
+1 with Agens comments. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone...

That is really a very tragic event, and I hope he finds the strength to go on. I'm sure you will help him doing so

I am so sorry to hear about this. I will definitely keep him in my prayers. God has a way of helping us work everything out, so I know He's looking down on him, and He's going to be there for your friend.

I have this constant worry about my mother as well, she actually has to have a hip replacement and I'm not sure how she will recovery from this...but I call my mother every morning after the gym and before work to see if she's ok. I always worry whenever she's in the shower and she doesn't pick up, so I call again :lol

I'm a very very sorry to hear about this, I CANNOT imagine what he is going through right now, I will pray for him.

--Ski

Thanks guys. The funeral yesterday was pretty sad. I hate him losing her, and I hate losing her. She was a hell of a lady. Anyway, thanks to you guys that took time to say something, Means a lot to me. I will pass the kind words on to Buster.

I'm very sorry to hear of your friend's loss. I lost my mom not too long ago and know what a tough road that can be. My thoughts and prayers go with him (and with you as well).

Back