<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <>The Wolverine - OMG Photo Review<>

I really am tempted to get this guy and the other recent Wolverine figure and swap heads. I personally like the head on this one better than the previous one. But i'm one of those collectors that doesn't usually like a lot of facial expressions on his figures

I like the head sculpt but I agree with everyone else! What is up with the mustache???? He DID NOT have that in the movie. He had a light stubble and even the proto photos reflected that. Someone got heavy on the paintbrush at the factory.

What happened Hot Toys? This is a very simple issue. Why didn't you catch it?

Great job as usual OMG.

Thanks for the photo review!
Yeah Mustache is overdone, but that's really the only problem for me.

Thanks for the photo review!
Yeah Mustache is overdone, but that's really the only problem for me.

I second that! I don't mind he isn't overly buff because doing that would probably cause the suit to look bulky on him. I also like the head sculpt, it's different and unique compared to the other ones I've seen. Everything else about the figure is awesome, but the heavy mustache is VERY disappointing. Especially because they've done Wolverine CORRECTLY twice before.

I second that! I don't mind he isn't overly buff because doing that would probably cause the suit to look bulky on him. I also like the head sculpt, it's different and unique compared to the other ones I've seen. Everything else about the figure is awesome, but the heavy mustache is VERY disappointing. Especially because they've done Wolverine CORRECTLY twice before.

Hot Toys in the past has put a halt to production and made a correction on unsatisfactory paint before (I can't remember what release that was), I don't know why they won't do it here.

boy now that more members have mentioned it, the mustache is WAY off
393138.jpg

just some light subtle in the movie, how where they this off? even in low lighting its too noticeable, plus there should be more hair on the sides
TheWolverine28_zps9cf142b4.jpg

Wow the added mustache is just disappointing. This was the first time I ever considered getting a Wolverine figure because I loved him in the film so much (also preferred the toned down hair and more focused expression). But yeah, head sculpt-wise it's still my favorite but HT really seemed to have messed up the paint here. Definitely a pass for me.

I really am tempted to get this guy and the other recent Wolverine figure and swap heads. I personally like the head on this one better than the previous one. But i'm one of those collectors that doesn't usually like a lot of facial expressions on his figures

I was hoping you might do a review on it:pray:
You do some of the best reviews on youtube:hi5:

Last edited:

thank you very very much. I really appreciate that. It's very possible i'll still pick it up, but it wasn't a figure that was offered to me at an earlier time. But it's definitely one i have been considering.

I'll see what i can do :p

I was hoping you might do a review on it:pray:
You do some of the best reviews on youtube:hi5:

This figure is a complete let down; the neck is to long, the arms look to thin and the joints are to visible. Also the hair is to dark and the front of his hair could have been a bit puffier but that's just me. I was seriously considering this figure since I really enjoyed the movie but seeing it this way worse than the prototype has really turned me away from the figure.

Its the same head, but with mass market paint apps, same with every other hottoys figure we own but still buy them anyway. Maybe the haters imagine a plastic head can rival Hugh himself for likeness, not gonna happen. Once buyers open the box, love is inevitable :)

Not on this figure. Don't see why it won't happen on other figures. HT have managed to get quite a few head sculpts right.

This is a shame, will be holding on to my custom World War Military Wolverine.

Was really looking to at least purchasing the head sculpt but what's the point in modding it when you can't even get rid of the mustache that he's not supposed to have at all, you just can't shave that off with a craft knife as it'll damage the face sculpt.

And am I the only one here that thinks that he looks like Peter Andre on a bad/scruffy day?

Canceled my pre order. Would of loved if they just kept the prototype look.

Canceled my pre-order too. I want to love this figure, but the difference between the prototype and final production figure is too much of a disappointment...

I really must be missing something guys..I think the difference is minimal.

No good for the price, cancelled mine. may just pick up a head sculpt for my origins figure.

looks like a knock off hot toys----------------
major fail here-

Back