<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <>The Wolverine - OMG Photo Review<>

Ironically, the TTM body was created for Wolverine. When the body first came out, everyone praised it for looking just like Jackman's body. HT just got lazy this time around. Jackman worked his butt off to get in shape for this film and he looked absolutely ripped. They really needed to update the Wolverine body to reflect that.

Exactly. I know this is the Jackman body but time has changed and Hot Toys just got too damn lazy sadly. Just sucks.

Hey, this one actually looks like Hugh Jackman! Third times a charm.

gacb22c86.gif

I foolishly thought figures would get, y'know, better with time.

Even just buying this headsculpt is no longer an option with that overdone moustache.

Now praying for DOFP figure where they learn lessons (one hopes) from this release

I foolishly thought figures would get, y'know, better with time.

Even just buying this headsculpt is no longer an option with that overdone moustache.

Now praying for DOFP figure where they learn lessons (one hopes) from this release
Putting all the other stuff aside, the "soft" sculpts seem the norm rather than the exception nowadays. A worrisome trend, because it is a regression in quality.

This would be fantastic if it 'only' cost $150, but it doesn't and that's the biggest problem with it.

I agree, unfortunately I think the days of $150 hot toys is long gone.

They really phoned this one in. The sculpt is weak, the body is horrible, giving no added display value. The inaccuracies with the claws is unforgiving at this price point. It looks like a mash of extra parts to try and score some extra cream off the license. Truly a waste.

That body is so inaccurate and he's got a tan. Even still, I'm not missing out on this like I did with the Origins figure.

This reminds me of the HT Roadblock. HT added the Rock's tattoos but the body is way too thin to even remotely look like the actor's physique. If they aren't going to make accurate bodies, then why have removeable clothing? Again, I think this figure looks great fully clothed.

This reminds me of the HT Roadblock. HT added the Rock's tattoos but the body is way too thin to even remotely look like the actor's physique. If they aren't going to make accurate bodies, then why have removeable clothing? Again, I think this figure looks great fully clothed.

Fully clothed it's fine, but unclothed... :huh he should look like he's got 5% bodyfat or under.

The one I shipped off about an hour ago :lol

Awesome.

I'm now considering the Last Stand figure. The outfit would actually suit my superhero shelf better than Logan's casuals anyway....although his casuals are cool. Hopefully a DOFP figure will happen and it will have that option.

I don't understand all the hate lol I think this new one is great, maybe a few small things that are not that big of a deal but it's not an iron man figure so what were you all expecting?

I don't understand all the hate lol I think this new one is great, maybe a few small things that are not that big of a deal but it's not an iron man figure so what were you all expecting?

We were expecting better paint apps. The sculpt itself was a home run but from the OMG pics the paint is on the softer side and is poorly done. On that note the body itself Hot Toys got lazy and didn't make a new body to show Jackman beefed up at all. They got lazy on this one. As a huge Wolverine fan I really was hoping for this one to come out great. I'm sadly disappointed and frustrated at Hot Toys. I will wait to see more in hand pics and thoughts but I'll wait to get once discounted at a good reasonable price. I'm not paying the asking as of now.

Just hope they use a new body for DoFP. He looks massive in that snake eyes type suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but I'll wait to get once discounted at a good reasonable price. I'm not paying the asking as of now.

When have you ever seen hot toys at a discounted price? I don't buy on release and end up paying 3x the original price, I don't see this one ever going for less than retail

The one I shipped off about an hour ago :lol

Awesome.

I'm now considering the Last Stand figure. The outfit would actually suit my superhero shelf better than Logan's casuals anyway....although his casuals are cool. Hopefully a DOFP figure will happen and it will have that option.

Seriously! :(

+1 to the hope for a better DOFP figure.

I was expecting an alt. hs with a gritting teeth (die cast) expression and die cast claws, at least. :D

When have you ever seen hot toys at a discounted price? I don't buy on release and end up paying 3x the original price, I don't see this one ever going for less than retail

Called save your reward points or Look at some other online sellers. Look around on here too. Some great sellers on this board that can give you a great price. I got my Last Stand Wolverine on here for a really good price and I'm happy to have him. I'll do the same for this one.

OMG great work as always!
I think the figure looks a little off.
Maybe this is the result when Hot Toys pushes up their release dates.
You just can't win...it's either a looooooong wait for a figure or it's rushed.
Oh what a whacky world we collectors live in.

No feeling the head...might get it repainted.

It does happen. Kane and Ash, Two-Face (which was selling for $80-100 shipped for the longest time), Sao Feng, the casual and Hollywood Bruce Lees, Fatburn, recently Mandarin, a smattering of others end up losing value. They go on the Gift Card list at Sideshow, retailers have trouble moving them, and folks can get them for a discount.

Back