<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> Dark Knight Rises - Selina Kyle - OMG Photo Review - Part 1 <>

Yep recast does look like ****. Good stuff for posting this.

OMG, you guys seen the pictures HT posted on Facebook of the final product reveal!!!!
Complete & utter fail, WTF happen Hot Toys??????

Prototype (before)

Final Product (after)

such a long wait for this thing & I must say I am terribly disappointed, sorry HT but this is a big FAIL :horror

Whoa. Yeah, the proto is much better.

Still, with the mask on and displayed standing a few feet away it will look good I think. I don't think it look much like Hathaway maskless. Her face is fat. Don't know what's up with that.

The difference in the shape of the face from the proto to the final product is really glaring. Very disappointed with this figure, was thinking about picking this up but it looks like they recycled that horrible Penelope Cruz sculpt for this one.

Thanks for the pics. The finished product is disappointing.

I do not understand people. If light is strong it makes face flat; if pics made close it often makes lenses distortion making face flat. It is really hard to make a picture with natural light effect! Wait till OMG posts second bunch with unmasked sculpt. If you hate the movie, character, and do not want to buy it get over it. The likeness is there, not perfect, but better than DX 12 Bale (I was really disappointed with that sculpt, it was almost downgrade from BB Exclusive). This figure could be the best likeness of all female character HT produced yet. They still have to learn much.
A lot of likeness comes with positioning hair right, and Anne almost never had the same hair as in mask unmasked, so it looks weird.

The proto was much closer.

It is just like proto. The lighting makes the trick. The paint is the same, eyes are the same. If you talking about sculpt - it is as close as could be.
It is obvious no figure looks like proto, because it is photoshoped and because they make pictures with professional light and tools.:dunno

Elljay pics are quite not good. There are other pics that represent her better: Plastic Enemies and Jingobell. PE show the texture and paint well, and Jingobell gives realistic light.
And LET'S WAIT FOR OMG PICS (it's his thread after all)!!!

The sculpt is the exact same as the proto... lets not go over this again with every single figure release... it's tiring. Paintings, lighting, angles may be different, but the actual base sculpt is the same.

The mask however is certainly different.

Last edited:

One is a recast guys, some people are posting that the recasts are being released same time as the new figures, so watch out when buying from unknown sources

the one on right is recast:

7JXQUuD.jpg

Well it's obviously a cast of the same head, just with a different paint job?
:dunno

Yup i remember stories of the Christian Bale HS being bootlegged as well as others. Sad really people do this. I mean sad that they would waste their life doing this just to make a few bucks. Of all the thing in this world you can do with your life, making fake toys is pretty ridiculous.

btw, i dont consider these being custom HS because the intent is to cheat people out of the real HS.

Sad fact. There would always be people who know how to make easy money from hot-selling industries. Piracy in movies, piracy in music, piracy in toys. These people know how much money collectors are spending from high-end figures lately that re-casters bloomed and Ebay scammers grew in numbers. There was even a knock off of the whole HT Wolverine origins figure, for effin' sake.

I think it's the eyes. They made a big mistake making them look upwards. I don't remember anyone asking for that change

I'm not sure if Hot Toys would make a change like that for this reason, but I think they positioned her eyes upwards so that she wouldn't constantly be looking down when on the Batpod.
Call it a gut feeling.

My thoughts on the likeness in the end product are that the pictures have been all over the shop. I think I'll make my final verdict in-hand, but so far I've only been put off by a handful of the mask-less shots. Once the mask goes on it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, a few of Jingobell's shots on OneSixthRepublic's Facebook page looked pretty damn good to me. Almost as if the head sculpt was exactly the same as the proto.:dunno

I can't wait to get mine now.:impatient::panic:

Last edited:

I'm with you there Darth!!

Buzzing for this figure, and I will also make my judgment when I have her in hand. I'm a relative novice with hot toys, only been collecting since January, but I've come to realise not to judge until in hand cos 95% of photos (no matter who they are by), don't do the figures justice.

Folk going on about skin tones being different, that's lighting people. Lol.

I'm with you there Darth!!

Buzzing for this figure, and I will also make my judgment when I have her in hand. I'm a relative novice with hot toys, only been collecting since January, but I've come to realise not to judge until in hand cos 95% of photos (no matter who they are by), don't do the figures justice.

Folk going on about skin tones being different, that's lighting people. Lol.

My thoughts exactly! The only way for me to form a true opinion is when the figure is in my hands and I see it face to face.

True but you can't just buy every figure you have doubts about just to see what its actually like.

True but you can't just buy every figure you have doubts about just to see what its actually like.

Very true, which is why I have 1 rule. If I'm not 100% about a figure, I don't buy it. Simple.

Last edited:

There's also an undeniable tendency in us to excuse flaws after we've laid down the cash for the item. I'm sure I was quite glowing in praise for the HT 1:4 Endoskeleton when I first got it but to be honest...that headsculpt annoys me now just as it did at prototype stage. (The pic of it in my sig being one of the better shots)

Very true, which is why I have 1 rule. If I'm not 100% about a figure, I don't buy it. Simple.
That's a good rule. I have yet to regret passing on a figure, and there's I few I wasn't 100% about but bought anyhow and in hindsight could have done without.

I do not understand people. If light is strong it makes face flat; if pics made close it often makes lenses distortion making face flat. It is really hard to make a picture with natural light effect! Wait till OMG posts second bunch with unmasked sculpt. If you hate the movie, character, and do not want to buy it get over it. The likeness is there, not perfect, but better than DX 12 Bale (I was really disappointed with that sculpt, it was almost downgrade from BB Exclusive). This figure could be the best likeness of all female character HT produced yet. They still have to learn much.
A lot of likeness comes with positioning hair right, and Anne almost never had the same hair as in mask unmasked, so it looks weird.

PLUS the undeniable fact HT really did big photoshop coloring/lighting/fixing in their prototype pics!!!!!!! HELLO:slap

There's also an undeniable tendency in us to excuse flaws after we've laid down the cash for the item.

I agree somewhat, but I think that may be due in part to the fact that there is not much choice. It is what it is and not many options if you want that character. Without spending the $$$ on a custom, most of us are forced to accept imperfection and try to make ourselves happy.

Back