<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <> DX12 DARK KNIGHT RISES - BATMAN - OMG Photo Review P1~2 / 89 Bat P16 <>

That's my last advance body ..... :panic::panic::panic:

Looking at other ppl's pics, Batman can be very cool or plain silly depend on how you pose and light him, I wish they can actually spend some time on posing before taking any pics ...... :panic::panic::panic:

:goodpost::exactly: True words of wisdom. Even the best figure can look horrible with bad lighting and photography skills, etc.

Shortcomings or not, I prefer the beadier, smaller look of the eyes on the DX02. IMO the overall shape of the cowl is superior on the DX12, which gives it the upper hand. But the paintjob on the eye area on the DX12 is inferior imo. The recently posted pics from toy world are pretty much what you're going to be holding in hand and they do not impress me all that much. Someone said it before but OMGs pictures are going to be best its going to look.

With the recent pics posted on the DX12 thread, along with the peeling, I'm beginning to regret a bit having sold my DX02 to order the DX12. Sure the all rubber suit on the DX2 would eventually begin to degrade, even with extreme care but it seems like the DX12 might break down faster because of the parts being glued on individually.

Point taken. I guess it comes right down to preference. BUt still I look at this pic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

and there is no contest for me.

I don't see how they will "break down faster" because they're parts glued on... that doesn't make much sense since the undersuit is fabric. And many Hot Toys have "parts glued on" and they're fine... unlike rubber crap.

I don't see how they will "break down faster" because they're parts glued on... that doesn't make much sense since the undersuit is fabric. And many Hot Toys have "parts glued on" and they're fine... unlike rubber crap.

If anything time has shown me, it's the glue Hot Toys uses isn't even all that strong. By breaking down, I mean you'll have parts starting to peel and flap around. At least with a rubber suit, the poses maybe limited but you get something solid. I admit the armor itself is more accurate on the DX12 but I prefer an all rubber body over the whole parts glued on an undersuit deal going. I never put any of the figures I own in any poses so they're all still like MISB for me

I'm worried even with no posing, over time the parts on my DX12 will come off

Even if they do it's an easy fix... unlike melting rubber.

If anything time has shown me, it's the glue Hot Toys uses isn't even all that strong. By breaking down, I mean you'll have parts starting to peel and flap around. At least with a rubber suit, the poses maybe limited but you get something solid. I admit the armor itself is more accurate on the DX12 but I prefer an all rubber body over the whole parts glued on an undersuit deal going. I never put any of the figures I own in any poses so they're all still like MISB for me

I'm worried even with no posing, over time the parts on my DX12 will come off

But if a piece becomes unglued just glue it back simple...you can't repair rubber cracks and wear. :dunno

But if a piece becomes unglued just glue it back simple...you can't repair rubber cracks and wear. :dunno

Well it depends on how much abuse the rubber body takes IMO. Again the figures I have are in perfect condition. I just don't like the idea of having to glue parts back down if necessary

You're really getting worked up over a problem that hasn't yet happened and may never occur.

None of my rubber has deteriorated... but that's because none of them are posed past 45 degrees. I would like a Batman I can do poses with without fear of cracking down the line. DX12 is it.

Well it depends on how much abuse the rubber body takes IMO. Again the figures I have are in perfect condition. I just don't like the idea of having to glue parts back down if necessary

Actually, no it doesn't. Rubber can, and has already on HT figures, decomposed into oil or cracked with little and in cases no use of the figure. It would be nice if they lasted based on how well you treat them. But, the reality is that HT has historically had major issues with their rubber bodies even if you leave the figure in the box.

I'll take a more accurate, lasting mixed media that might require a micro drop of glue once or twice in 20 years, to a figure that's a pile of sludge in 2.

None of my rubber has deteriorated... but that's because none of them are posed past 45 degrees. I would like a Batman I can do poses with without fear of cracking down the line. DX12 is it.
They don't need to mate. Both my Mars Attacks figures and Abe Sapien have cracking arms. All had their arms in neutral pose by their sides. Never touched, standing in a detolf out of light and heat.
It can happen to any of them, look at Comedian?

Not sure this suit will have those issues though, it seems pretty strong/rugged.

Rorywan, when you said the suit seems pretty strong/rugged, are you talking from what you've seen/heard in pictures or has yours arrived and this is how you feel? :dunno

tumblr_lv8jn2PmBx1qe0tyl.jpg

The nitpicking cult is out on full force on this one. You'll get used to it.... or you'll become familiar with the ignore button.

HAHA gotta love Wonka. And yeah I'm very new compared to most. My first Hot Toy doesn't arrive till Thursday (the Tumbler) so I'm sure I'll get use to it but looking at it compared to past DK figures thus far it's the best. Although I will say I love the DX02 for some things and would buy it if it wasn't going to cost me more than the Tumbler lol

Thank god. It's a good thing to know the suit feels somewhat sturdy, that there should be less limitations on posing him as appose to the DX02. :yess:

Are people really cancelling, wow, i hope i can score 2 down the line well below retail, like i did for HT reeves superman,,, this will probably be the last for me from this line along with batpod,I hope ht stop this line with the release of catwoman, though i have no plans on getting her too

And like all things Hot Toys Batman... it will fetch 3x the price a year down and everyone starts scrambling again, regretting that moment they canceled. Happens every time.

Back