<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <<Black Widow TWS - OMG Photo Review>>

And they say Avengers HS is better.:cuckoo:

Everybody has a right to their opinion. They should just wait to get her in hand though before they made their choice. That's what I did. Don't regret it at all.

Everybody has a right to their opinion. They should just wait to get her in hand though before they made their choice. That's what I did. Don't regret it at all.

Wow. Now i really can't wait for my figure to get here.

The Avengers Black Widow was out-the-box stunning. There was little if any controversy over the likeness to Scarlet Johanson. With the Winter Soldier version the urge to place the preorder was directly and solely motivated by how great the NEW sculpt was. When the first post production shots of Her came out I knew right away they (Hot Toys) had dropped the ball. There's no way, NO WAY anybody can tell me that's the same paint apps (eye rendering, pigment and hue) as the preview photos, MAYBE just the same sculpt.... With this latest version "angles" and "shadows" have to be implemented to achieve what the Avengers version does effortlessly, and that my friends is a bummer at $200 some dollars. At any rate I feel there's no reason to have both unless your a completeist, which thankfully I'm not, I ONLY get what I like and I like plenty but this is a canceled preorder for me. I swear I tried to like it. And these last few photos above have been doctored...

Even if you pass on this I would still pick up the costume. I think its the closest we will get to the comic book look. Shes just missing the gold stinger bracelets

The Avengers Black Widow was out-the-box stunning. There was little if any controversy over the likeness to Scarlet Johanson. With the Winter Soldier version the urge to place the preorder was directly and solely motivated by how great the NEW sculpt was. When the first post production shots of Her came out I knew right away they (Hot Toys) had dropped the ball. There's no way, NO WAY anybody can tell me that's the same paint apps (eye rendering, pigment and hue) as the preview photos, MAYBE just the same sculpt.... With this latest version "angles" and "shadows" have to be implemented to achieve what the Avengers version does effortlessly, and that my friends is a bummer at $200 some dollars. At any rate I feel there's no reason to have both unless your a completeist, which thankfully I'm not, I ONLY get what I like and I like plenty but this is a canceled preorder for me. I swear I tried to like it. And these last few photos above have been doctored...

200 some dollars? More like 170 some dollars, where did you pre order?

84418c09-7358-4e1d-849b-51fd2f5ccc8e.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?
tumblr_m5wjr7q3LG1r9s0se.gif

Don't show her ****! ugh... you squeezed them didn't you? :monkey3 :lol jk ...

still waiting for mine :gah:

Sorry, someone kept nagging about unzipped sexy poses on the other general thread, this will be the last of this idea on this thread.

How goes it everyone! :) I pretty just stumbled upon this thread today, and haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet. So I was wondering if anyone has had a problem w/ the shoulder armor peeling, or loose threads/poor stitching involving the grey border striping? I ask because; shortly after receiving my C.A.G.A Figure ( which I found to be pretty damn sweet) I started to pose the arms and the surface of the shoulders just seemed to peel away, an if that wasn't bad enough. The grey border virtually popped its stitching and began to detach from the figure. After using some paints, Fabri-Tac, and misc. hobbying skills. I eventually made the figure presentable.

In short, I guess I just want to know if anyone has had any similar problems? I think it's complete Bulls**t paying close to $300 for a figure and then have to fix it straight out the box . Lemme know what you think, keeper or convert to parts for sale?

Alex

Re: <> Captain America 2 (Golden Age Version) - OMG Photo Review <>

Damn, do I regret not Pre-Ordering this when I had the chance! :slap

I'm REALLY hoping my Waitlist will come through, though I doubt it will.

If it doesn't, then I'm hoping I'll find someone who'll be interested in trading theirs for my Thor: TDW Light Armor Thor.

when did you jump on the waitlist?

How goes it everyone! :) I pretty just stumbled upon this thread today, and haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet. So I was wondering if anyone has had a problem w/ the shoulder armor peeling, or loose threads/poor stitching involving the grey border striping? I ask because; shortly after receiving my C.A.G.A Figure ( which I found to be pretty damn sweet) I started to pose the arms and the surface of the shoulders just seemed to peel away, an if that wasn't bad enough. The grey border virtually popped its stitching and began to detach from the figure. After using some paints, Fabri-Tac, and misc. hobbying skills. I eventually made the figure presentable.

In short, I guess I just want to know if anyone has had any similar problems? I think it's complete Bulls**t paying close to $300 for a figure and then have to fix it straight out the box . Lemme know what you think, keeper or convert to parts for sale?

Alex

I haven't had any issues with my figure whatsoever. (Knock wood) I've heard of crooked stars and belts but that's about it. Based on the material they used on the shoulders, I can see where peeling might occur. Do you have any pics to share? Might give us a better understanding of the issues and what to look out for. Thanks.

Also, did you purchase through Sideshow or a third party? If you received it from Sideshow or any other authorized reseller, you shouldn't have any trouble sending it back for a replacement.

If you purchased from a third party, like I did for one of my GA Caps, you're rolling the dice hoping for a figure with no defects.

Can do! :) I don't have my camera near me at the moment (lent it to my Father), but when I do I'll take a few pics. The 1st layer of the rubber-like padding on the shoulders just peeled away. If you look closely at the figure I'm referring to the cross-hatch pattern on the surface. As for the grey border around the shoulders, and the grey straps on Cap's chest. There were so many loose threads that once they were removed the fine stitching that holds the fabric in place started to disappear leaving the grey fabric to come loose in parts. If I had pulled on the fabric, it would have peeled off like tape. In the end a decent paint job, light wash, and Fabri-Tac where necessary helped. I bought mine from SSC, but I thought since I had already begun altering the costume I couldn't return the figure.

Maybe not at this point but I would contact them and tell them what happened. (leave out the part about trying to fix it yourself) You really should have contacted them straight away, before trying to remedy it yourself. In my experience, Sideshow has been great at replacing defective items.

They will want pics of the damage so you may want to "undo" what you did. They will hopefully determine it's defective and send out a new figure. They will ask you to destroy the old figure and provide photo proof.

Contact them before you do anything else. Never know unless you try. Keep us updated.

Yeah. I really wished I had waited as well, and the "adjustments" cannot be removed either. I believe I did a decent job fixing him up though and I still like his general appearance. I never got a chance to pick up a CA: TFA figure, and Cap has always been a favorite of mine (since reading "The Ultimates" Lol!). So when I heard about this release I put in a pre-order ASAP. Anyhow, I'll get those pics up today an keep ya' up to date on any changes

I don't know but if I order from SS it is showing $219.90 shipped with pack out - where do you get it for $170 :dunno

Action Figure Xpress 174.99. Pop Culture Zone,Cornerstore Comics, Underground Figures also. They all include pack out in shipping cost. AFX has a reward system also.

Yeah I'm gonna keep my preorder for now. I know she ships soon, but I'm liking the final pictures. I regret not getting the Avengers version, but this will make me happy.

Re: <> Thor The Dark World - Loki - OMG Photo Review <>

View attachment 121022I really don't know what people are seeing when they say this sculpt is awful. To me it looks just as good if not better than the Avengers version. And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous, because I have the Avengers version too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....308_849929625024663_5080039118328117707_n.jpg

After seeing this I honestly think the Avengers Loki is over rated, leave out accessories for a min, the costume and hs on the new Loki are a million times better, even asked girl who state the hole off Tom what they thought and they said the same haha guess Avengers will be sold once I get this [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back