<> OMG Photo Bank - BANDAI METAL STRUCTURE 解体匠機 RX 93 νガンダム REVIEW - P853 <>

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review

If you ever wanted to have a post taco bell figure...this is it

Re: <> Man of Steel - General Zod - OMG Photo Review <>

If I were a little meaner, I'd say "Too bad, you never got a figure for YOUR favorite mustache-twirling Zod, meanwhile MoS fans are getting an actually quite decent Zod to go with our MoS figures. DO you have a villain to pose alongside YOUR 1978 Supes? Nope, didn't think you did, no disco-Zod for you!" .....but I'm not nearly that mean, so I wont actually say that.

I recently rewatched Superman II and I don't get the reverence people have for that version of Zod, but whatever floats your boat.

But yeah. MoS fans are pretty happy, meanwhile non-fans have a plethora of other stuff to buy. I dont see a problem. People not liking this are not exactly forced to buy it.

Funny how a Zod like this causes the 80s Zod to look like Adam West stuff. Shame there was no funny Lex Luthor. It's the reason how I still love those. Gene Hackman was so funny.

Oh don't worry. I have a feeling the Batman vs Supes version of Luthor is going to be funny enough for all of us. *big sigh of annoyance*

As always, thanks for the great shots OMG....and keep the videos coming! That was more"informative" for how the figure really looks than the stills.

Now that we're "seeing" it "in-hand", I do have a couple of comments though....no upright support on the stand? I concerned we'd be getting another of those gooseneck numbers here, but....nothing? Just the base? Ugh...that's my only gripe with HT's MOS line...it would have been really good if they had included regular stands with all three of these figures. Oh well....

The "armor" design is....visually interesting....looks more ornate and maybe ceremonial than really functional (a lot of "soft spots" and gaps where well-aimed weapons fire or knives/spears/swords could get through... I do like the articulated feet....very cool. The helmet has an interesting look....a little Giger-ish vibe going on there. And I'll say it (again)....I still wish HT had gone for a more neutral expression on the sculpt....the teeth-nashing one looks okay when the figure is "action" posed, buy kind of "off" when just "standing" there.

Having said all that...I'll keep the order. Like the movie, really like Shannon in it and this does look like a cool display piece....

Thanks again for the look-see there, OMG....

I think it's pretty silly to say that people are posting negative things about this so they don't feel bad for not buying it. Does that mean people post positive things so they don't feel bad for buying it?

Agreed. A lot more people on this board seem to have a real problem when anyone says anything negative about their latest crush. It's ridiculous. Anything can -- and should -- be criticized.

The example of 80s Zod is perfect. He's a clichéd villain in a horrible outfit, yet he has been put on a pedestal because he's been the only challenge for Superman in the movies for the last 30 years or so.... until now. And I say this thinking the new Zod ain't much better. Knock-off outfit and mediocre acting doesn't make this new Zod great. The CGI did that.

Enjoy your toys.

Looking forward to having this in my collection. Now bring on Faora. Stop with the Iron Man suits. LOL

Suit looks great...all around looks like another good figure.. I would have liked a neutral head sculpt as well..but still nice

I thought the movie was crap, but I still picked up Superman and will pick up Zod. The visual styling of the movie was on point.

This whole forum is one good example of a bad argument.

How? Not everyone is bad. Every place has their good and bad people. You can't brush everyone.

If I were a little meaner, I'd say "Too bad, you never got a figure for YOUR favorite mustache-twirling Zod, meanwhile MoS fans are getting an actually quite decent Zod to go with our MoS figures. DO you have a villain to pose alongside YOUR 1978 Supes? Nope, didn't think you did, no disco-Zod for you!" .....but I'm not nearly that mean, so I wont actually say that.

I recently rewatched Superman II and I don't get the reverence people have for that version of Zod, but whatever floats your boat.

But yeah. MoS fans are pretty happy, meanwhile non-fans have a plethora of other stuff to buy. I dont see a problem. People not liking this are not exactly forced to buy it.

You read more into my post than was intended. I was making a joke, nothing more. As it happens, yes, I would sooner buy a Terence Stamp Zod than this. Wasn't looking to start something over it though.

How? Not everyone is bad. Every place has their good and bad people. You can't brush everyone.

Joke, on the other guy's post. I don't think anyone here is bad, I love this place. But its a bad, treacherous hobby... and its takes good money and puts it too childish uses. That's the bad argument.

Back